Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Mikey Isn't Okay

Mikey Isn't Okay

by paintmylife 4 reviews

What happened to the bassist?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2011-07-10 - Updated: 2011-07-10 - 429 words - Complete

1Exciting
Eyes focused, I look out to the crowd. The heavy thumping of my bass makes my heart change its beat in the strange way it always does.
There are so many signs for Gerard, Ray and Frank, but none for me. It's not that I'm jealous, it's just that I don't get noticed for what I do. And sometimes, it's nice to be noticed. Little would I know about that feeling...

Gerard dances over to me, and so does the spotlight. He shoves the microphone in my face.
"How 'bout you Mikey?" he sings.
"Fucking ready."
He slaps me on the back and moves over to the center of the stage once again. I see Frank looking at him like he's some sort of angel. It doesn't take long to reach the instrumental of the song, when Ray and Frank take over.

But this time, Frank isn't playing - he's watching Gerard as he struts towards him.
Their faces smack together in a passionate 10 second kiss.
You know, sometimes I want that to happen to me. But not with a guy. Gerard and Frank are so loved up. And so am I, with Alicia. But the thing is, she isn't on tour with me so I don't get her kisses in the middle of the set.

I sigh, continuing to hopelessly strum my bass. I look to Frank, whos face is still flushed crimson. My eyes then dart over to Gerard who looks like hes making out with the microphone. Then finally, I tilt my head to the left to find Ray. He's looking right at me before I looked at him. We instantly both move our heads back down to look at our instruments.

"Thankyou California!" Gerard shouts as we finish the song. "Tonight was magical, thankyou to everyone here and my brothers who I like to call... My Chemical Fucking Romance!"
He drops the microphone and walks off stage in his normal sassy manner. We follow after him, giving a quick nod to the crowd.
Frank has already embraced Gerard, so I decide to find Ray. He's sitting on the steps just outside the stage door.

"Hey, man," I say to him, taking a seat on the step too.
"Hi Mikes'," he smiles, "You played good tonight."
"Thanks, so did you."
"No, seriously, your an amazing bassist. I wish I could play that good at my guitar." He shrugs.
I stare out into the darkness of California, considering the fact that I may actually be better than Ray - the master of guitars.

Well, I can dream.
Sign up to rate and review this story