Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > One of Many

Chapter Sixteen

by skitter160 0 reviews

Category: Naruto - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Gaara,Rock Lee,Shikamaru,Temari - Published: 2011-07-13 - Updated: 2011-07-13 - 1174 words - Complete

0Unrated
One of Many

Authoress: Skitter160

Disclaimer: I don't need to tell you it's not mine. Because if it were I would be making you pay not handing it out for free.


“Request denied!” Neji howled attacking TenTen, Naruto, and Hinata at once inside the private training ground. “Why can’t I retrieve Lee? Konoha needs him!” He growled hitting his cousin hard across the chest. All three of them exchanged quick looks before kicking it into high gear one wrong move and Neji would really hurt them. “I need him.” He said even lower while kicking TenTen half way across the room before she was able to stop. “It’s not right.”

The grueling training session went on for hours before Neji stopped talking and closed in on himself thinking about it and a way to get Lee back to him.

‘I wonder if he realizes that Lee’s in love with Gaara?’ Naruto found himself wondering but deep down he knew it wouldn’t matter to Neji because he would eventually try to take him anyway. Something none of them ever wanted to see. And he felt sorry for TenTen, who truly loved Neji despite his problems and who would happily try to help him get over Lee. Which all of them were going to have to do because there was no other way.

+++

“Sasuke?” Sakura peeked into his room after lunch and was horrified to see him missing. She quickly alerted the staff and found him not long afterwards in the yard exercising much like Lee had when he was hospitalized during the Chunin exams. ‘Sasuke…’ She found herself watching just like then but this time it hurt so much more because she knew that Sasuke did not love her. Naruto had talked to him about Lee’s ‘need’ and the raven haired Uchiha was disappointed because he had a love for Lee not unlike the rest of Konoha. He had wanted to help the one that had helped him. She sighed. She remembered the day Sasuke was brought in it had been Lee that had rushed him to the hospital and saved his life because of his speed and quick thinking. ‘He must feel like he owes him before he can ever move on.’ It was something she didn’t quite understand but to Sasuke until he repaid that debt to Lee his life belonged to him. She figured it could just be some new pride thing since leaving Orochimaru.

+++

‘I need to repay Lee.’ Sasuke thought forcing his weak body to do more push ups. ‘I owe him more than they know.’ He recalled the night Orochimaru died and fight back to Konoha. He would not have lived through the battle in the forest if not for Lee’s intervention and speed in getting him to the hospital. But he also knew that he needed to repay the rest of Konoha for his misdeeds. ‘I won’t be able to repay Lee for quite awhile.’ He stood slowly feeling a new exercise was in order as he caught Sakura staring at him in worry and love. He only wished he could return that feeling but even if he did love her. ‘If I loved her she would be tainted.’ He thought turning away.

+++

“Tsunade-sama…” Ino was looking at her Hokage in hope as she walked into the hospital room her husband in a chair beside her.

“I’m sorry Ino.” She shook her head. “Shikamaru’s medical information helped but it’s not quite to the level you need.”

Ino burst into tears and her husband stood to console her. “Maybe there is something he hasn’t found yet.” Choji said softly.

“I agree.” Tsunade smiled sadly at the couple. “There are many medical scrolls in Suna that are only accessible to Sunan’s maybe later in the future he’ll have access.”

+++

“You know we really shouldn’t keep all of the puppies.” Shino told Kiba as he picked up one of the females from Akamaru’s litter.

“Why not?” Kiba growled.

“We don’t have a big enough yard.” Shino stated simply. “Anyway Iruka’s been asking about getting one to give to Kakashi, plus Hinata wants that one.”

“I see…” Kiba looked down at the white puppy in his hand that reminded him of Hinata. “Well which one does Iruka want?”

“The runt.” Shino picked up the smallest puppy that was a pale brown with a big white spot on it’s nose. “He even picked out a name.”

“Really? What name?”

“Well considering it’s a boy I’m not too sure about the name but he picked Aya.” Shino smiled at the young puppy before placing him near his mother. “It’s not bad and I’m sure Kakashi will love it.”

Kiba scowled but patted the puppy anyway. “What about the rest?”

“I think Ino and Choji might like one.” Shino smiled at his lover before moving to help the customer that just came in.

+++

A few days later Gaara was ready to leave on their joint mission and they stood in his office with his siblings both he and Lee prepared to leave as soon as they said their goodbyes and well wishes.

“Gaara…” Temari hugged her younger brother tightly before moving to Lee and giving him a smaller hug. “Lee keep him safe.” She whispered in his ear before letting him go. “Now I know this is a routine mission for most here in Suna but this is your first joint mission together so I want both of you to be careful.”

Kankuro who was now sitting behind Gaara’s desk to assume his duties for the next few days during the mission. He was currently reading a letter from Tsunade about the mission, it was addressed to Lee who had gotten the letter after the mission had been accepted and of course the acting Kazekage was allowed to read it. “Your Hokage really doesn’t trust you not to get hurt does she?” He commented looking up from the letter to look at Lee’s red face causing him to burst out laughing while Shikamaru and Temari, who had been giving Lee and Gaara their advice, to glare at him. “Don’t give me that look. She told him to not do something ‘stupid’, ‘extraneous’, or ‘showoff’ at least ten times.” He put the letter down before taking on a serious look. “Now Lee I know this is your first mission in the desert so listen to Gaara on what to do.” He looked over at his brother and smiled faintly. “Now go kill some bugs.” He waved his hand and they disappeared in a whirl of sand.

“Are you worried?” Temari asked looking over at her brother taking a seat before the desk while Shikamaru stood behind her massaging her shoulders.

“I’m more worried Lee is going to do something stupid.” He motioned to the letter Tsunade had written. “But I trust him with our brother.” He smiled softly.
Sign up to rate and review this story