Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > One of Many

Chapter Seventeen

by skitter160 0 reviews

Category: Naruto - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Gaara,Rock Lee,Shikamaru,Temari - Published: 2011-07-13 - Updated: 2011-07-13 - 1866 words - Complete

0Unrated
One of Many

Authoress: Skitter160

Disclaimer: I don't need to tell you it's not mine. Because if it were I would be making you pay not handing it out for free.


TenTen sighed looking over at the door she was currently guarding. Behind the closed door she could hear Neji working on something, she wasn’t quite sure she wanted to know what. A few hours ago they had learned Lee would be visiting soon with the Kazekage as he visited for official reasons. She wasn’t sure why he hadn’t visited sooner and odd that it was only when the Kazekage himself would be with him. She sighed again hearing a curse from inside the room. “Everything ok in there?”

“Leave me alone.” Neji yelled back the same thing he had been telling her since they found out.

“I’m standing out here until you come out!” TenTen yelled back. She hated to say she didn’t trust him but she knew better than to do so where Lee was involved.

+++

“Lee will be here in a day or two.” Naruto said taking a seat next to his girlfriend at their usual lunch spot, the ramen stand. He smiled widely at her.

“I heard.” She smiled at her happy boyfriend leaning over to kiss his cheek. “TenTen is currently standing watch over him since he heard the news.” She looked at him seriously. “He’s definitely planning something.”

Naruto sighed. “Well we figured that would be the case. It’s a good thing Gaara will be here at least.”
+++

“Ino!” Choji entered the shop excitedly and saw his wife helping an elderly couple pick out some flowers for their daughter’s wedding. She was smiling so happily while talking about their wedding that he couldn’t bring himself to disturb her. Though he knew she would be ecstatic to see Shikamaru and Lee again. Smiling himself he went to stand watch over the register.

+++

It was late afternoon when Konoha came into view. “Can we speed up a little more?” Lee asked looking over to see his companions were a few feet behind him.

“Lee we just sped up two miles back.” Shikamaru groaned he had forgotten how Lee was when traveling. “And we’ve been traveling non stop since this morning.” He knew this was supposed to be a three day trip so why was it Lee wanted to make it in one? Luckily Gaara had prohibited excessive speeds though it had not stopped Lee from asking if they could speed up every two miles. Again luckily Gaara had only agreed after every six miles.

“Yosh! But it is such a youthful day! And we’re almost to the gates!” Lee smiled happily back at them before turning to look at the village. He could see quite a crowd gathering around it. ‘I wonder why everyone is at the gate…’ He thought as they slowed pace the closer they came.

+++

“I see them!” A villager cried while standing near the gate, where they had been the elected look out for their party. The villagers began to gather around leaving room enough for the party from Suna to get through while still being greeted.

Entering the village Lee was taken aback to see the whole village welcoming him home as Beautiful Green Beast of Konoha. In the front Naruto and Hinata were smiling warmly, Kiba and Akamaru were standing next to Shino, Sakura was hovering near Sasuke, Ino and Choji were holding hands on her other side, and closest to the gate were Neji and TenTen smiling happily. And before he could wonder about it Guy Sensei was wrapping him in a hug crying manly tears of joy.

Behind him Temari noticed Gaara bristle slightly hovering behind Lee as his sensei hugged him. She smiled happily though as her fiancé’s best friends waved them over. She hadn’t been sure they liked her much on the few occasions they had met. She was very happy when Ino wrapped her in a hug telling her they must discuss plans of her wedding. “Of course.” She replied listening to greetings being directed Lee’s way.

“Thank you every one for meeting me here!” Lee was bowing a brilliant smile on his face, Gaara standing near him watching in a disinterest fashion, though inside anyone could tell he was fascinated. “I’m very touched!” Lee smiled even brighter as if it were possible and the crowd cheered.

“WHAT IS ALL THIS?” A loud feminine voice sounded behind them causing everyone to turn and look at their Hokage. “How is it that I can call a meeting between all of my shinobi and only half of them attend unless it’s an emergency but Rock Lee comes home and the whole village appears in front of the gate?” Her smile softened and she looked over all of her shinobi and villagers alike, even the senior shinobi were there in the trees. She was fairly certain that some of them had never even worked with Lee but had seen him around the village and mission room. She herself was taken aback by how lively they all seemed after how somber the village had felt lately. ‘I can’t believe this.’ She smiled wider unable to stop after looking Lee’s own smile. ‘I guess this is why so many people were signing that petition.’

“Hokage-sama!” Lee bowed again still smiling even though he was pretty sure she wasn’t there to greet him.

“Stand up Lee.” Tsunade smiled. “I just came to see what all the fuss was about and find my helper.” She looked over a Shizune who blushed and tried to mutter an apology. “We should wrap this up though I’m sure that there are more productive things to do.” The villagers dispersed leaving the close friends of Lee and a few shinobi that he had been on missions with patting his back. The Hokage smiled gently before turning to Gaara. “I’ll see you first thing tomorrow in my office as well as you.” She pointed to Temari and Shikamaru before grabbing Shizune by the collar and dragging her away.

“You can stay with me tonight Lee.” Guy Sensei and Neji offered at the same time. Both were surprised when Gaara stepped in front of him. Behind him Lee frowned slightly he hadn’t even thought about the apartment he no longer had.

“He will be staying in the Kazekage’s lodging with me and my family.” He nodded to his sister and soon to be brother-in-law. Gaara couldn’t see Lee’s surprised face but he could feel the glow of his special smile on his back.

Guy Sensei and Neji exchanged glances before nodding since Lee didn’t object and they all wandered off to eat at one of the many Konoha eateries as a group. They were loud, louder than any other group in the joint but every time the owner looked over at them he couldn’t bring himself to say anything to them as they caught up on events and exchanged stories late into the night.

They left with promises of visits from Lee the next after his morning training.

+++

Lee was up bright and early for his own personal practice routine the next morning, the same one he used in Suan. He was just rounding out his five hundred kicks when Neji walked up to the training ground. “Good morning Neji!” Lee called finishing up surprised to see someone else up so early, after the partying that they had done the night before.

“Good morning Lee.” Neji said walking up to him and grabbing his hand pulling him close which startled the other. Even if it had been awhile since they had seen each other it was not a common occurrence with Neji, it was more common for him to nod and walk over and start his own training.

“Wha-What are you doing?” Lee panicked pushing the other boy away quickly not wanting to be that close to him as alarm bells went off in his head telling him that this was not a friendly ‘Gai hug’. His mind recalled what TenTen had said to him not too long ago about Neji possibly liking him and was piecing it together slowly.

“I was just embracing you.” Neji frowned he was sure Lee should have figured out that he liked him by now it had been years after all, and after he left for Suna Neji had even written him a few times. He stepped closer and Lee backed away angering him, his once stable mind slipping further with his obsession.

“But it’s very unusual of you.” Lee commented backing further away assessing the situation as Neji moved closer. ‘I don’t know why Neji is acting so strangely…’ Lee thought back to few letters he had gotten from Neji and how surprised he had been. Though they had not been very long or overly telling but recalling TenTen’s words it was staring to click and it spelled danger. One he wasn’t sure how to get out of without hurting his old friend.

“But it’s very ‘youthful’ right?” Neji smirked as Lee backed into the training post the only one that was bigger than him. Quickly Neji closed the distance and pinned Lee to it his breath tickling his ear. “Don’t you like youth?” He found his plan coming together as he slipped a kunai into his hand, he didn't quite like his method but it would work.

“I do.” Lee struggled to get away without hurting his old teammate and not angering him further but he was failing quickly. He had always known how Neji was when he became obsessed but he had never expected to end up on the receiving end.

Neji smiled pressing his lips to Lee’s in a demanding way his body pushing him further into the post as Lee struggled still not wanting to hurt him, something that he had already planned on. “Then you like this don’t you.” He slid the kunai over his captive’s skin before rubbing a sleeping poison over it and forcing it into his system with his charka forcing it’s quick distribution, something he had practiced long ago before he had perfected his vision with his eyes.

"Neji!" Lee tried to yelp as the kunai ran over his skin cutting him. He was prevented from being louder though as Neji's lips pressed over his drowning out the noise and he felt his limbs getting heavier and he knew his old teammate would get his way.

"Your mine." Neji whispered as the poison began taking effect Lee's body going limp in his hands. It didn’t take long to leave the village and secure his captive in the hideout he had started the creation of after his request was denied. ‘No one will come to save you.’ He licked his lips looking at his old teammate laid bare upon a bed with shackles that he knew Lee could not break easily. There were a few hours left until he would wake.
Sign up to rate and review this story