Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Strange Ways Of Love Inuyasha and Kagome Love Story

Strange Ways Of Love Inuyasha and Kagome Love Story Chapter 3- The Struggle

by megand4795 1 review

In this chapter, things take a turn for the worse. Kagome ends up in a deathly situation and Inuyasha rushes to her time. Can she be cured or is her life going to slowly slip away? Read to find out!

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Inuyasha,Kagome - Published: 2011-07-13 - Updated: 2011-07-13 - 1119 words

0Unrated
~/ Strange Ways Of Love \~

Chapter 3- The Struggle

Around dawn or so, Kagome had awoken with a start; she had an awful nightmare about her beloved Inuyasha and it had scared her. Her cuts burned with an intensity that made her want to cry and her body was so sore that it felt stiff. With one eye painfully squeezed shut, she looked over at the sleeping Inuyasha beside her and tried smiling, but instead, her cuts made her whimper with pain, letting a couple of tears escape. Her sounds of agony reached Inuyasha’s sensitive ears and he slowly started to awake, seeing Kagome sitting up and bent over a little. Finally realizing what was going on, he shot up and wrapped his arms around her, trying to help her from falling over.

“Kagome! What are you trying to do? You shouldn’t be moving around!” He scolded her.

Kagome, holding onto Inuyasha’s arm with both of her hands, started to squeeze him, “I… I had a nightmare… I’m sorry… I didn’t think that my body was so… weak.”

Moving around a little bit and trying to explain herself was surprisingly breathtaking. Her breathing was a bit heavy and she just wanted to collapse from her weak body. Inuyasha noticed how hard she was squeezing his arm and he was surprised with how much pain she was really in.

“Kagome,” he said, grabbing her attention, “Do you think it’ll be better if we go to your time and get some help?”

Kagome, not even thinking about that, was surprised that he had thought about it. Still out of breath, she nodded towards him, “Yeah, that’s a good idea.”

“Okay, but I have to move you. I’m sorry Kagome: this may hurt, but I’m only trying to help.” He reassured her.

“Mhm,” she agreed, taking in a breath and holding it.

He quickly but gently put his arm around her back and under her legs, lifting her up and holding her small frame against his torso. This sudden movement made her let out a shriek of pain and grab onto Inuyasha’s white undershirt. Gritting her teeth, she let Inuyasha know that she was ready to move out and get back to her time. Walking out into the brisk dawn, Inuyasha looked around for anyone that was awake: he didn’t want to just simply leave without letting anyone know where he was headed. Walking around the village a bit, he found Kaede picking some medicinal herbs for Kagome’s wounds and approached her.

“Hey old woman,” he called, “I’m taking Kagome back to her time. She says that they have better ways to treat her there so I’ll be back in a couple of days with her.”

“Nay, Inuyasha, wait,” she said, walking over to him, “Take these with ye: these are very rare, but very effective medicinal herbs.”

She held out a handful of dark green herbs that had white heads with a speck of pink in the middle of them and Inuyasha hastily took them. After a quick thank-you, he took off with Kagome clinging onto him. After the normal travelling they usually go through, Kagome felt as if she couldn’t take anymore. Although they were close, she managed to speak up and get Inuyasha’s attention.

“I-Inuyasha…”

Quickly stopping, he looked down at her and noticed how flushed of color she was, “Kagome, are you alright? What do you need?”

“No, Inuyasha… I don’t think I can make it… My body is failing me…” she managed to cough out.

“No! Kagome, please! Hold out just a little longer!” Inuyasha yelled, denying the fact that
she was slowly fading.

Running even faster, he managed to get to the well and get through quicker than the usual. Not even bothering to stop at her house, he jumped high into the sky, trying to find this ‘hospital’ place that she was talking about.

‘Red cross… Red cross… Dammit! Where is this place?’ Inuyasha thought, trying to find a building with a big red cross on it.

When he finally found it, he pushed himself to get there as quick as his legs would let him take him. Looking down at Kagome, he saw that she was no longer squeezing his shirt and was barely hanging on.

‘What’s going on with her? Why is this happening?’ he thought, landing in front of the emergency room.

“Dammit, I need some help! Now!” he yelled, not knowing what to do.

Forgetting about his ears, he tried to put them down under his silver locks as a couple of nurses were quickly approaching him. Not letting them take her from him, he followed them back to a room and laid her down on a white bed with bars beside them. Hesitant to lay her down on the bed, the nurse reassured him that she would be okay as long as they could treat her. He agreed to lay her down on the bed, not even getting to say good-bye. They took her into another room and told him that he had to wait outside until they could get her in a stable condition. Not wanting to leave her alone, but also not wanting to wait around, he took his chance to flee back to Kagome’s house to notify her family. Not wasting any time, he busted through the door which made Kagome’s mom shriek in terror. Hearing pots and pans hit the floor; he knew that he could find her in the kitchen. Only being able to see a white and red blur, her mom was freaking out when Inuyasha grabbed a hold of her and picked her up. Ignoring her struggles against him, he started to run outside.

“Inuyasha, please release me and tell me what’s going on!” she ordered, irritated by his rude manners.

Not wanting to get in trouble by Kagome, he stopped and put her down, “Look, I don’t have any time to explain. We have to get back to Kagome! She’s hurt and at the big building with the red cross on it!”

Acknowledging the seriousness in his voice, she quickly ran to her car, tugging him along with her. She quickly hopped in and started it, telling him to get in with her. Once he was in, he held on tight as she rushed to the hospital. They arrived there in minutes and didn’t bother wasting any time on parking correctly. Kagome’s mom hurried to the front entrance of the emergency room with Inuyasha and they walked up to the lady at the front desk.

TO BE CONTINUED!
Sign up to rate and review this story