Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Strange Ways Of Love Inuyasha and Kagome Love Story

Strange Ways Of Love Inuyasha and Kagome Love Story Chapter 4- One-Sided Love?

by megand4795 2 reviews

In this chapter, Kagome gets medical attention from her time. Her mother and Inuaysha get involved and the sitation gets harder and harder to deal with. Its a bad night to be human eh, Inuyasha? Ka...

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Inuyasha,Kagome - Published: 2011-07-13 - Updated: 2011-07-13 - 1874 words

0Unrated
Chapter 4- One-Sided Love?

“My daughter was brought in here just a couple of minutes ago. Where did they take her?” Kagome’s mom asked, seriously strict.

“I’m sorry ma’am, we’re going to need to see some identification.” The lady behind the counter told her, not even bothering to look up.

Angered by the woman’s rudeness, she snapped. “Look my daughter is in critical condition and I have the right to see her! I don’t have time to waste with all the formal crap right now! Where are they holding my daughter? Her name is Kagome Higurashi.”

Inuyasha stood beside Kagome’s mother, shocked. He had never seen her this way before and honestly didn’t think she had it in her. Kagome is her daughter though and she is hurt so I guess this is what Kagome called, ‘motherly instinct’ or whatever. Her mom was always so calm, peaceful and happy and right now, she was the total opposite. Inuyasha wasn’t the only one who was surprised though. It seemed that the lady behind the counter was also surprised and she actually looked up to face Kagome’s mom. I guess this was a silent intimidation technique because the lady gave her the room number without even saying a thing.

“Thank you and I apologize for my rude manners.” She quickly responded, grabbing his sleeve.

~Inuyasha’s P.O.V. ~

She dragged me all the way across this hospital place. There were rooms and people everywhere. I looked in all the rooms as we passed and even the so called ‘doctors’ seemed to be rushing around as well. Not expecting a turn, she ran me right into a wall. Rather than getting mad like I normally would have, I shrugged it off and hustled into the room where Kagome was lying on that bed thingy. I stopped in my tracks when I saw her, making sure that who I was looking at was really Kagome. She was wrapped in bandages all over her body and even had this weird thing on her lip. Kagome’s mom slowly walked over and sat down on the bed beside her daughter, mortified at the condition she was in. She started crying uncontrollably, not being able to stop. Doctors rushed in and tried pushing us out of the room. When Kagome’s mom refused, the doctors grabbed a hold of her and tried dragging her out. I froze, not knowing what to do until she yelled out for me.

“Inuyasha!” she cried out, “Please don’t let them take me from her! Help me please!”

~3rd Person P.O.V. ~

Instantly, he rushed to her side, knocking the doctors over. Once they were all on their asses, he put his arm out in front of Kagome’s mom, protecting her in case any of them decided to get back up and face him. He kept one thought in his mind: they were only human and there were lots of strict rules in Kagome’s world so he had to be careful about what he did.

“Look you people in the white coats: whatever Kagome has to go through, there is no reason that her mom shouldn’t be with her. I don’t want any trouble so just let her mom stay with her. If you do, I will leave peacefully.”

The doctors, intimidated by Inuyasha, agreed to his wishes. Kagome’s mom hugged Inuyasha tightly and thanked him before walking with the doctors to take Kagome to another room. He stood there, fists clenched as he watched them rush past him.

“Dammit…” he muttered to himself.

>>> 5 hours later >>>

Inuyasha had to sit around in the waiting room and by the time things settled down, it was night. He looked outside and noticed that there was no moon in sight. He gasped, forgetting completely about what tonight was.

‘Shit… I need to get out of here.’ He thought to himself.

Looking towards the entrance, he calmly walked out and hid behind a couple of trees, out of sight from anyone. His transformation slowly took place; his hair turning black, his nails forming into human fingernails and his canines shrinking into normal ones. The last thing that happened was that his dog ears disappeared and human ears formed. Then transformation was now complete. He shut his eyes and clenched his teeth together, infuriated that this had to happen tonight of all nights. He hated being human- he made him feel so much more vulnerable. It was a good thing that they weren’t in the feudal era. Otherwise, things might’ve been worse. Casually walking back into the hospital, he saw Kagome’s mom looking around for him. He didn’t know if she would recognize him or not, but he walked up to her anyway.

“Inuyasha?” she questioned.

He didn’t really know what to say so he just nodded.

“Is that really you? You look…. Human.”

“Yeah, it’s me. Can we please go and see Kagome?”

She nodded and walked off, Inuyasha following her leaving his head down. Kagome’s condition and what had happened to her had really gotten to him. He didn’t know what to do with himself and now that he was in his human state, feelings overwhelmed him. He felt depressed and very much upset, but he refused to show any of that in front of Kagome’s mom. They had to go into the elevator and so up they went: to the 8th floor. When they entered Kagome’s new room, she was the only one in the entire room and she no longer had the bandages over her body.

~ Inuyasha’s P.O.V. ~

I ended up freezing up once again once I laid my eyes upon her sleeping body. Kagome’s mom walked up behind me and put her hand on my shoulder. She knew that I was the one who was mortified and didn’t know what to do.

“Inuyasha… It’s okay. They said she’ll be okay. She was even awake for a little while
earlier. I got to talk to her. She really wants to talk to you though. I’ll be out in the waiting room. Just come and get me when you’re done.”

I put my hand on top of hers and gave her a small nod. She tried to smile and turned around, walking out of the room. As the door closed behind her, I walked closer to Kagome until I was standing right above her. I looked at the beeping machines that was beside her bed and followed the wires that were attached to her. Making sure not to bump her, I sat down next to her, watching her chest rise and fall as she inhaled and exhaled. She had a weird looking thingy over her mouth that was connected to another machine. I guess it was helping her breathe. Her arms lay above the covers, exposing her skin and all of her cuts and bruises. If it wasn’t for the slimy stuff covering her skin, I would have rested my hand gently on her arm. Seeing bruises on her face simply pushed me past my limit. I rested my face in my hands and let myself go: I actually cried. I was so frightened that I would lose her even though Kagome’s mom told me that she would be okay. After all, it was my fault that she got so hurt.

~Kagome’s P.O.V. ~

The first thing I heard was beeping noises and the sound of my breath. As I started to slowly wake up, I heard muffled crying by an unknown person. I knew I was in the hospital and I had already talked to my mom and heard her crying. I didn’t feel any pain this time I awoke though. Managing to open my eyes, I saw a black haired young man with his face in his hands. I knew it was Inuyasha when I saw the fire rat clothing. It must’ve been the night for him. He didn’t notice that I was awake yet and I decided to lay there and wait until he was done crying. I didn’t really know what to say to him anyways.

“Kagome…” he muttered, “I’m so so sorry for not being there. I let you down once again and this time, I couldn’t do anything to help you. I know now what I plan on doing. I’m going to become a better man- just for you. These feelings welling up inside of me is too much. Kags… I almost lost you… I can’t live without you Kagome… I… I think I… lo...” he was cut off because when he looked up, he saw my eyes open and filled with tears.

I had never ever seen him cry like this and this was also the very first time he had ever opened up to me. He almost said “it” too. Hearing him talk like this just made me emotional to the point where my eyes started to well with tears unintentionally.

“Kagome!” he said, surprised.

“Hey… Inuyasha.” I forced out along with a smile.

He wiped his eyes quickly and got closer to my face. The look in his said it all: he really cares for me. It looked like he just wanted to hug me. If I wasn’t in the state I was, I would’ve wrapped my arms around him and not let go.

“What’s wrong, Kagome?”

“Inuyasha, why can’t you say it?” I asked him.

The question threw him off, “Kagome… I’m sorry.”

He stood up and went to walk off but I forced my body to move and grabbed his sleeve before he could get too far. My machines started to beep even faster and that’s what turned him around to face me. He bent down to my face level and helped me lay back down. I ripped my oxygen mask off of my face and grabbed his cheeks, pulling his face to mine.

“Inuyasha… I know I can say this because I know I mean it and that I want to be with you.”

“K-Kagome, your mask.”

“I love you Inuyasha.”

~Inuyasha’s P.O.V. ~

Hearing her confess to me drove my human state over the edge. My emotions took over me and I quickly, but gently placed my lips on hers. My eyes closed after I saw her eyes close. She didn’t hesitate, but kissed me back, letting her hands wrap around my neck. Making sure not to hurt her, I kept my hands on both sides of her, keeping myself up. When I pulled away, my face was pink and hers was red. I stared into her eyes for a couple seconds and then pulled myself away from her. I didn’t know what to say so instead; I stood and turned out, walking out of the room to go get her mom.

I ended up falling asleep in the waiting room while Kagome’s mom slept in the chair in Kagome’s room.

To be continued…
Sign up to rate and review this story