Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > This Mirror Isn't Big Enough For The Two Of Us

But Does Anyone Care?

by AtomicAftermath 0 reviews

Gerard decides to confide in his brother, but will he really believe him?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2011-07-17 - Updated: 2011-07-18 - 942 words

0Unrated
Gerard had spent the night tossing and turning, not being able to rid his mind of the ghostly figure had seen in the bathroom. It had seemed so real to him, but it wasn't...was it? But as minutes turned to hours, and night turned to morning, Gerard sat up in bed from a restless night. Lazily, he stood up from the bed and walked into the tiny kitchen area, planning on making himself a cup of coffee.

As it brewed in the maker, he walked over to his cellphone that had been charging on the counter. 7:26 stared back at him in large, white digits. Gerard let out a soft groan, finding this time to be rather early for said rockstar. The boys would normally sleep until at least noon, maybe even after. That was probably the plan for the other three, but not him. Everytime he tried to sleep, nightmares crawled into his brain, filling it up with images of the dark thing, mostly grabbing at his neck and trying to suffocate him.

His mind was shaken from his train of thought when the coffee maker started to make odd noises, signaling that the coffee was done. Gerard walked back over to it, taking the cup and sipping it groggily. That was when he heard a loud yawn, and footsteps down short hallway. Out emerged the younger of the two Way brothers, rubbing his eyes.

"Dammit, Gerard, what are you doing up so early?" He snapped at him, obviously cranky from the lack of sleep. He walked over to the coffee brewer and began to make himself some coffee, pushing a mug underneath it.

Gerard sighed a bit. "I couldn't sleep." He stated simply, shrugging lightly before taking another sip from his coffee. Mikey frowned slightly, worried about the elder.

"Why not? Somethin' wrong, Gee?" He asked gently, gazing at him now as the coffee spurted into the mug. Grabbing it, he sat down on the stool across from Gerard, who was leaning on the counter now.

"Well, uhm..." He began, somewhat skeptical about telling him. "I uhm...I saw something." He mumbled, biting his lip and looking down at the black coffee as if he were a shy little child. Mikey, watching him, raised an eyebrow.

"Saw what? Like...something bad? Gross?" Mikey guessed at. Gerard, on the other hand, shook his head.

"No...i-it was...I think it was...a-a ghost." He muttered, embarrassed. His cheeks turned a bright shade of pink, and when he glanced up at Mikey, he saw that the younger was suppressing a laugh.

"Dude...you're kidding right? There's no such thing!" Mikey burst out laughing, nearly falling off his stool and dropping his coffee. He was able to contain himself long enough for Gerard to respond with an exasperated look on his face.

"N-No! I'm not! Here...c-come with me." Gerard shot up off the counter, putting his coffee down. He grabbed Mikey by the arm, dragging him to the bathroom. Mikey rolled his eyes in defeat, but followed him nonetheless. When they got there, Gerard hopped in front of the mirror, pulling Mikey in front of him. Like last night, the same dark figure was creeping towards him, sending chills up his spine, but he managed to keep his cool. "See! Don't you see it?! It's right there!" He pointed to the right at the figure's head, and Mikey looked back at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Gee, are you feeling alright? Because..there's nothing there except for your finger." He replied matter-of-factly, and Gerard looked at him sadly.

"Yes it is!" He pressed, watching it walk closer to Mikey with an outstretched hand. "Mikey, it's right there! It's grabbing for you, trying to get you, don't you see it?!" He shouted, his mouth gapping in disbelief. How could his brother not see it when it was standing merely before his eyes?

"Gerard, stop it! There's nothing there!" Mikey yelled at him, turning his back on the approaching figure. "You're acting ridiculous! What's making you do this? Seriously, if this is another one of your 'funny jokes' or, or...wait, no! You took something, didn't you? Goddammit, Gerard, are you hallucinating? Do you think this is funny?!" He shouted in the older's face, his eyes fierce and angry. Gerard stared back at him in disbelief and shock. But before making a come back to his statement, Gerard watched as the dark hand reached through the mirror, about to grab Mikey. Thinking on his feet, he pushed Mikey out of the way and turned on the bathroom light.

"I knew it, I just knew you couldn't last that long without your best friend Xanax, am I right?!" Mikey shouted in his face, Gerard's anger slowly rising within him.

"Mikey, would you listen to me?! I haven't taken any drugs in the past seven years, and I am NOT fucking hallucinating, do you understand me?!" He growled at the younger one, causing him to take a step back. Mikey frowned in disappointment, not believing a word he said. Quickly, he withdrew from the hallway and back to his bunk, not saying a word. He was angry at his brother

Gerard sighed as Mikey went back to sleep, leaving his coffee to sit and become cold. It made him upset that Mikey didn't believe him, and that he was telling the truth. But as usual, Mikey became irrational and impatient.

"Two more to go."

Gerard's eyes widened in fear, hearing the mysterious voice. He stepped into the bathroom, and looked in the mirror to see where the voice had come from.

But there was nothing there.
Sign up to rate and review this story