Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Disasters

Lunch at Applebee's

by xxTragic 2 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2011-07-18 - Updated: 2011-07-18 - 755 words

0Unrated
That awkward moment when I decide to write again.


Disclaimer: I don't own Applebee's, The Sassy Gay Friend, or MCR (or Bob).
---

"Please, Gerard, no..." I knew I was practically begging, but I was willing to sink to any low to get out of this situation.

"Sorry, Frank, if you don't put it on yourself, Bob and I will force it onto you." Gerard smirked, gesturing to the grinning man next to him.

I glanced down at the outfit in front of me. It was a complete replica of the sassy gay friend look, complete with scarf, laying on Gerard's bed. I didn't think it was possible, but I felt worse than I had waking up in the hospital.
"Gee, please don't make me do this."

Gerard tutted and placed a hand on his hip. "No dice, Frankie boy. You need to embrace your inner homosexual."

Bob's phone made a beepity noise and he fished it out of his pocket and looked at it. "Ray and Mikey are down at Applebee's already. Hurry up, shorty." He grabbed Gerard's shoulder to lead him out. "Let the boy dress."

Once they were gone I found myself staring down at the outfit. Sucking it up, I stripped of my regular clothing and pulled on possibly the most uncomfortable clothing in the world. Once on, right down to the scarf, I took a moment to glance around Gerard's room. It was dark with an abundant amount of shit splayed around and movie posters on the walls. I tore myself away and left the room, preceding down the hall and into the living room.

I was greeted by a whistle from Bob the Beardman. "Nice, Frank!"

I rolled my eyes in his direction. "Thanks, Bob."

Gerard grinned up at me from his place on the couch. "You look fine. Soak up the gay and let's go."

Both he and Bob rose and we left the house to start the short walk to Applebee's. I kept glancing down at myself, adjusting the scarf and pulling at the collar. Bob kept looking at me and smirking and Gerard barely spared a glance. I felt sick with all the stares at me, even more so than usual. Once we got to the restaurant and were seated with Mikey and Ray, though, it wasn't too intolerable. We ordered our food and sat chatting about this and that. I started to feel more and more comfortable and was eventually telling them about how my mom showed up to my first job at a grocery store with a camera.

"She stood outside for three hours taking pictures. Every time I brought bags out to someone's car, she would get in my face and tell me to smile and take pictures of me, the customer, the customer's car, and the customer's groceries." I explained with a small smile as I recalled the event. At the time it had been embarrassing, but now it was funny.

Ray pounded on the table and laughed as the others tried to keep their own laughs under control. "OH MY GOD, FRANK." Ray said, choking in an effort to breathe and laugh at the same time.

Mikey grinned. "Me and Gerard's mom used to give us Disney princess dresses to play with when we were little. She really wanted a girl and had all this stuff..."

"Well, I liked them. They made me feel grown up for some reason." Gerard commented blatantly.

Now I was laughing hysterically. "Dear lord!" I huffed, still trying to catch my breath.

"Frankie, dear, is that you?" Came a voice from not too far away.

I looked up to see my mother smiling at me from the entrance. My face dropped and I found myself trying to duck down and hide from her.

"Aw, baby, look at you! You look so cute! Wait, what are you doing out of the hospital? Young man, did you run away?" My mother demanded, coming over to the table.

"No, Mom, they let me out and we went to eat." I muttered. I risked a glance at my friends to see they were all trying hard not to laugh. I sighed. "Have you met my friends?" I gestured around the table, embarrassment flooding my face and making it red and warm.

---
Yes, I know that was an abrupt ending. Yes, I know Bob isn't in the band anymore. Yes, I know it's been awhile. Yes, I know it's short. Yes, the grocery store thing actually happened to my stepdad.
Sign up to rate and review this story