Categories > Original > Drama

Unexpected

by 18th_Hole 1 review

Anna has just moved into Igana, a small town outside of Las Angeles...

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2011-07-19 - Updated: 2011-07-19 - 745 words

1Ambiance
"Hi beautiful. Are you new to town?" he asked me, with those beautiful sparkling brown eyes that hid behind distant glasses, and curly brown and black and red and gold and white hair, smooth face. We sat in a small bar called Tom Plaza on the corner of twenty-third and Jefferson. Inside, it was between dark and dim. People danced. People sat and chatted. People would come in total strangers and leave holding hands.
"If you call a week new, then yes I'm new." I said placing a few strands of my burgundy hair behind my right ear.
"Cool." he replied, almost fascinated, then had another shot.
"Yhea." I looked away when he had a shot. I don't usually feel comfortable around people when they drink.
He wouldn't stop looking at me either. Another thing I was usually uncomfortable with. "Sorry, it's just that you light up the room."
That was a surprisement. Something I've actually never heard before. I didn't quite know how to take it, especially from a stranger. "Um, thanks." I said in a questioning manner. "So, what are you doing in a bar?" I asked emphasizing the "so" to give off that his comment was a bit awkward. "Just got out of work?" Curiosity killed the cat...so they say.
"Yup. And you?" he asked having another shot.
"Yeah. Same." I replied, looking down at my hands, thinking of another subject to keep this conversation going.
"What do you do for a job?"
I looked back up at him again. He was still looking at me. He had the sweetest smile I've seen. Forgetting he asked me something, I blinked and quickly answered, "Nurse."
"Cool." at the time, it seemed like that was all he could say. He looked away.
"And what about you?" I asked, for some reason, it felt like I rushed to ask it.
He looked back to me, then gave me a small smile, "I'm a doctor."
"Cool." Now it felt like I was speechless.
"Yup." He looked away again, then I looked back down at my hands again. I guess he saw it from the corner of his eye when I looked down. He looked again to me and asked, "So, what part of medical are you into?"
I looked up again, "Pretty much surgery and pediatric."
"Cool." Seems like his famous word. He looked away again.
"Yup." I sighed and was about to look down when I saw him have another shot. "Oh my gosh. That's your fourth shot. Don't you think that's enough?"
"I'm off for the next three weeks." he replied with a careless look.
"So??" I touched his arm, "How are you getting home?"
"Um, wannna take me?" he asked lifting his right eyebrow.
"I think I just might have to." I looked away for a second to put my coat on. When I turned back around, he was having another shot. "Oh my gosh! Another one?! How many more shots are you going to have??"
He looked back at me, "Just two more. And I think I'll be full."
I motioned the bartender away, "Sure. That's what they all say."
He looked at the bartender, then back at me with questioning look. "Okay. I'm done. Care to take me home?" he smiled. I hate how that smile of his is getting to me.
"I'd rather take you home, rather than having to take the chance of you possibly having an accident and knowing I could've taken you home but didn't." I motioned him to put his jacket on as well.
We both stood up, I was looking around when I heard, "Um, only one thing. I forgot where I live."
I slowly turned my head and looked at him, "Great. Um-"
"I know." he giggled.
I was close to getting annoyed. "Funny. Alright, do you mind staying at my place for the night?"
There goes that stupid smile again, "Sure."
I looked down to button up my coat, "Okay, great." I looked up, "Another one?!" I grabbed the empty shot glass away from his mouth, "Stop! Come on!" I put the glass on the bar.
He looked at me and asked, "Where to?"
I looked away and grabbed my shades, "My apartment." I put them in my pocket. Then I looked up at him agian, "HEY! CUT IT OUT. Stop drinking. Let's go." I grabbed that shot glass, slammed it on the bar, grabbed his hand and pulled him along.
"Okay."
Sign up to rate and review this story