Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Smiles Without Meaning

The Check That Saved My Life

by dancingdragon 5 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2011-07-20 - Updated: 2011-07-20 - 1079 words

0Unrated
Ok, I time travel in my Fictions. So, don't piss at me for the ages and crap like that. Enjoy and please R&R!!

Chapter 2

After my routine I felt beer, coins, and paper bills being thrown at my half naked body. I scanned the crowd for anyone who looked like a pimp or rich, and my eyes caught a man wearing a fur coat. I winked at him and he walked at the edge of the stage. I did the catwalk off the stage as a new exotic dancer entered.

As soon as I came closer I realized he kinda looked like Snoop Dog.

"Hello sugar. You do any private dances?" He asked me and wiggled his eye brows. I fought to hold back my sigh, of course I did.

"Yeah baby, you want one?" I asked in my seductive voice. I clung my arms to is chest, and the slut-o-metre went through the roof.

"Ohh yeah."

-------------------------------------------20 minutes later---------------------------------

The man whore had gotten his 'dance' and i'd been paid fifty bucks. It had origionally been 20, but he gave me 30 because I told him he'd be charged with underage sex. Good enough for me.

I walked back out into the musty bar, and took another glance at everything around me. It was a dark and musty club, with pink,red,green and purple lights on the stage being the main lighting source. Men were whistling at the girls dancing on stage, and I looked around to find Ryan. He was serving a young couple who looked pretty drunk. He started to walk away and I jumped on him from behind.

"GUESS WHO!?" I said and I covered his eyes with my hands like a 7-year-old.

"BENNA!" He yelled. Damn, I hate it when he's right, especially in situations like these.

"Damn." I said and uncovered his eyes. I still clung to his back as he walked towards the kitchen. Evetually he gave in and grabbed my legs in a piggy-back style ride. He opened the door to the kitchen and the smell of burgers and fries immediatly hit my face. My mouth watered so much, I hadn't eatin in two days, I was on one of my auntie's version of a 'diet'.

"Fries, sweetheart?" He asked me. I loved Ryan, not in the 'love love' way. He was one of my bestfriends, pretty much like my older brother. If it weren't for him, those pigs out there wouldv'e either kidnapped, killed or raped me. He was my only sliver of protection these days. Sure I have a pocket knife, but I wouldnt want to use it.

"It's like you can read my mind!" I said and gasped mockingly.

He sat me down at the tiny wood table at the side while he told the chefs my 'order'. After a couple minutes he placed a plate of fries and a glass of root beer in front of me and sat down across from me.

"Thanks sweetie." I said. I immediatly gobbled the whole plate of fries. If I wasnt on a diet, I wouldnt have gotten any food anyways. I only bring home scraps for my sister, and go shopping when I have enough cash. So, i'd rather me starve and her eat, I had to be skinny to do this job anyways.

After a couple minutes of chatting, I knew I had to go back to work.

I got up and hugged Ryan, and set out back to the crowd. I pulled out a couple guys, gave them private dances, blah blah blah, something else happened. Something life changing.

It was almost the end of my shift. I had decided to do one more quick dance, and I looked for the richest guys in the crowd.

There was one man and he immediatly caught my attention. He had black hair and tattoo's all over his hands. He was next to another pale man with black hair, and they were drinking a beer and talking. I felt myself getting lost looking at the tattoed man, and I snapped out of my day dreams as he pointed me out to his friend. Maybe giving him a dance wouldn't be very bad this time.

He started to walk towards me as his friend continued to watch the dancers. I noticed on his face it wasn't pleasure, or longing like evryone else. It was more like sympathy, sadness, and almost a disguisted look.

"Hi." They guy with the tattoo's said. I felt butterflies.

"H-hi." I stuttered.

He giggled."What's a pretty girl like you working at a bar like this?" He asked. I gazed into hazel eyes, and I could feel myself getting lost.

"Uh, working?" I said, more as a question. I knew I should get back to work though.

"How old are you?" He asked me, who was he to judge? He looked no older than 25. Still eleven years older than me, but I wasn't going to let him know that anytime soon.

"Noe of your fucking bussiness that's how old I am! If you arn't here to buy me for an hour, then don't waste my time!" I said, suddenly getting angry. I had to look away, or I think i'd be at a loss for words.

His friend walked over, and I realized he was quite handsome too. Sweet Jesus, who are these men.

I felt him grab my shoulder and turn my chin so I was looking at his face again. We were about the same size, he had an inch on me. I could read all his emotions, the biggest one sympathy.

"I KNOW you arn't past at least 16. I'm only 18, so whatever. Take this money," He said as he put a bill of some sort in my hands," And get yourself out of this hellholle. Just please, please dont use it for drugs. I see alot in you, so don't waste it." He turned and walked out of the bar with his friend.

I glanced down at the paper in my hand and gasped. This man turned my life upside down. In my hand, I held a grand fucking check for 500.00.

I changed out of my grungy stage outfit and into normal clothes.

"I QUIT!" I yelled to Al.

I ran down the grungy streets and to the only pure joyful thing I had left in my life. I ran to Loran, and showed her the check that started my band,

Smiles Without Meaning.
Sign up to rate and review this story