Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Everybody Wants To Change The World

Chapter Three - Everybody Hide

by Nightstars 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-07-20 - Updated: 2011-07-21 - 2136 words

2Moving

Chapter Three - Everybody Hide

The car trembled with the force that the sound blasted from the speakers. The group of five in the car smiled widely to themselves as they blared the music from the radio and murmured the lyrics along with the song.
The girl with light brown curls that sat in the backseat grinned as dust billowed around the Trans-Am, covering the vehicle and it's passengers in a fine coat of dirt. She could feel the sediment that settled on her hands and face but didn't wipe it away, already used to the feel of it on her skin. All she did was smile and sing along with the music that slipped out the open windows. The sound jumping into the desert sky, and seeping into the ground.
Then the sound was gone. The drums, bass, guitar, and vocals were quieted. Quickly she snapped her gaze to the radio. A hand lingered on the volume switch that was pushed all the way to the left, successfully muting the music.
The man with fire colored hair sat in the driver's seat. His hand, that was tanned a barely noticeable shade of brown, was clenched tightly around the wheel while his other hand, the same light tan color, was holding into the volume switch. Bright eyes that glinted hazel and then flashed dangerously. For a brief second he glanced into the review mirror and saw the girl staring towards the radio intently, her curls and face covered in a soft sheen of earth.
At that instant he heard the sound again. His gaze was torn away from the mirror immediately and he stared forward. He scanned the desert grounds for a hint of what was making that noise. Then he spotted it.
Two motorcycles were rushing across the cracked ground. Their engines snarled and roared. That was the noise that he had heard. The sound of engines growling as wheels crushed the dry earth.
He slammed his foot onto the brake and glaced at the sandy haired man in the passenger's seat beside him. The blonde inclined his head slightly, showing his consent. Then the hazel eyes flashed to the mirror, shared a quick look with the two men in the backseat, who nodded. Insitinctively the man with dark brown curls moved his hand to the blue raygun tucked into it's holster. The four men sighed and quickly began to exit the car, the girl left sitting in the middle of the backseat.
Then, just as he had exited the car, the ebony-haired man whirled and ducked his head back into the Trans-Am. His eyes that flashed a brighter shade of amber swirled to met the girl's own light brown orbs. As their gaze met her eyes flittered to a surprisingly bright shade of hazel before dimming to the usual brown.
Quickly he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her tightly to his chest. She clenched a handful of his vest in her palms before he pulled away. His hands held tightly onto the top of her shoulders as he pulled her gaze to his. The bright amber of his eyes bore into her own light brown.
"Stay here and keep low unless we call you outside."
He spoke in a soft voice that was still rough from lack of water during the days. She nodded to him and he smiled gently at her. Then he pulled away and closed the door behind him. Just as he pushed the door into the frame the girl slipped down the seat. She crouched onto the floor of the Trans-Am and pulled her hat atop her head. It pushed her curls down and made it easier to watch them from the open window on the door when they couldn't see her hair.
The three men who stood in a straight line, each a few feet away from the other were quickly joined by the fourth man. He swiftly took up his spot beside the man with thick dark brown curls who had dark glasses pulled over his eyes. The group stood, almost defiantly if that were possible, as the two motorcycles neared them.
"The wouldn't just send two after us," the one with sandy hair spoke quietly to the red head beside him.
He nodded silently as he watched the motorcycles come closer still. Now he could feel the ground trembling as the rumbling engine knocked pieces of dirt loose. He could see the dust swirling through the air in the faded evening light. His hands reached for the bright yellow raygun that was strapped tightly to his left hip and slowly began to draw it. But he paused.
The motorcycles weren't white as he had thought. Now that they were nearer to them he could see the paint that was placed over the body of the bikes. A large red 'X' was placed over the black logo on both of the motorcycles, and still on both written beneath the 'X' that covered the logo was the word 'Exterminate'. The font was elegant but paint had been allowed to drip down from the carefully written words, giving it the appearance that it was blood.
The motorcycle on the left was painted with mutiple strips of color. There was no specific pattern but each line of color was bright and glinted brilliantly in the light. Across the left side the word 'Zany' was written in various dark shades of color. On the opposite side the word 'Dead' was written over the white outline of a laughing skull.
The motorcycle on the right was covered in various splashes of paint that spread across a mojority of the bike. The word 'Screech' was scratched into the paint on the right side and the ragged white lines stood out violently against the splotches of color. And on the left side of the bike a brightly colored Hello Kitty was painted carefully in a circle of dark purple.
The man slowly softly his grip on the yellow raygun as he saw the way the motorcycles were painted. Then he heard a sound. It wasn't that of the engines rumbling or the tire tearing against the ground.
It was...a voice.
"I see a little silhouette of a man!"
Then a second voice chimed in to sing along with the first.
"Scaramouche, scaramouch, will you do the fandango!"
The first voice fell away, letting the one that had joined in to sing.
"Thunderbolts and lightning! Very, very frightn...."
They two immediately cut off in the middle of the line and the pair twisted the handle of the motorcycles, applying the brakes. The one on the right motorcycle quickly swung her leg over the bike and stood straight, reaching a good amount over five feet.
A faded pair of jeans hung over her legs, slightly loose but still managing to stay up firmly. A bright purple shirt that bordered on blue was covered by a dark grey military jacket. Small zippered pockets were tossed along the lapel and ribs of the jacket. The arms of the jacket were pulled up to her elbows and faded black fingerless gloves were placed on her hands. Two rayguns were holstered on either side of her hips and hanging from across her shoulders was a side satchel that was stuffed and the handle of a third gun could be seen within its depths.
Her hair hung to her shoulders, the ends just brushing against the tops of her arms. It glinted a light shade of brown but when the sun hit her it bounced off in a brilliant blonde color. A single strip of red hair hung along the side of her face as she tossed her head the slightest bit. Her bangs that were cut just to her eyes swept to the side without her having to push them. A bright orange bandana was tied around her neck a smiley face with the tongue sticking out in a mocking way was printed on it. Then the light was blocked from her face and her eyes that had been a light shade of brown started to shimmer and glow in the dim lighting.
Just as the man with fire hair opened his mouth to question her the second girl bounded up beside the first, her black hair placed wildly around her face, the ends a bright pink and purple.
"Mama mia, let me go. Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me."
As she stood beside her companion she continued to murmur the song to herself, but her eyes jumped from one man to the next. A bright blue splash of color against her skin that continued to whirl down the line.
Skinny jeans the same bright blue as her eyes hugged tightly onto her legs. A black tank top clung to her frame but was quickly covered by the bright leather jacket. The sunlight glinted off the bright yellow material, sparkling in the small amount of light that still managed to reach them. Her hands were poking out from beneath the jacket as she gently rested her fingers around the handle of a raygun on either side of her. And strapped to her belt just beside one of her rayguns was a black tazer.
One hand was curled around a bright yellow raygun while the other clutched at a brilliant orange. On the handle of both rayguns a pink hello kitty was painted against the original orange and yellow color. Then there, placed on top of her black hair. A dark grey hat sewn to look like a cat was sitting gently on her head. The stitching still held tightly together as she shifted, a soft smile still tossed along her lips that was quickly fading to be replaced by a gentle frown when she noticed their four men's hands were gripping their rayguns. The tips slightly raised but not openly aimed towards the two girls.
"Mama," the girl with dancing blue eyes sang quietly to herself as she grimaced at their rayguns. "Just killed a man. Put a gun against his head. Pulled my trigger now he's dead."
The glowing eyes rolled but the girl held back a laugh.
"Screech," she murmured and nudged the singing girl beside her. Then she sighed heavily. "SCREECH!"
The singing girl jumped and started laughing, holding her sides tightly as if it hurt her to laugh.
"Haha, you're trying to..." She cut off as she tried to catch her breath. "You're trying to look intimidating."
The girl with glowing eyes shook her head in a playful way but turned back to face the four men. "I'm Zany Dead," she introduced lifting her hand from her raygun and held it out for one of them to shake.
The man with fire hair raised his eyebrow questioningly at the girl with blue eyes but quickly turned to speak his name. "Party Poison."
The group beside him followed his lead and introduced themselves as well. The man with sandy hair following first.
"Kobra Kid."
They paused for a moment as the girl with blue eyes took in a heavy breath and stood up. Finally she composed herself and adjusted the gray kitten hat atop her head.
"Screeching Cola," she said with a large smile as she reached out to take their hands as well.
"I'm Fun Ghoul!"
They all turned with raised eyebrows at the ebony haired man who spoke in a bright voice. The blue eyed girl, Screeching Cola, smiled and gave him an enthusiastic wave.
"And I'm Jet Star."
They turned to the last man with dark brown curls that surrounded his face in a thick mane.
So they all stood facing each other. Their hands no longer trailed towards their rayguns, and the grimaces had left their faces. Genuine smiles were placed across their lips as they stared towards each other.
Then there was a soft click and the red haired man, Party Poison, turned back towards the Trans-Am. There the girl with light brown curls was slowly beginning to push the door open. Fun Ghoul gave her an encouraging smile and motioned her over. She grinned back at him and ran forward, leaving the door open behind her as she reached out and grabbed his hand. Then she turned her wide smile and light eyes to the two newcomers.
For a second they were stunned and then they both grinned at her.
"This is Gr...Erm..." Fun Ghoul stuttered as he realized that they didn't have any official nickname for her yet. He glanced towards Kobra Kid who shrugged and mouthed two words back to him. "Missile Kid?"
It came out as more of a question but the young girl smiled. So she embraced her given nickname, introducing herself to the two in front of her as Missile Kid.
Sign up to rate and review this story