Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Everybody Wants To Change The World

Chapter Four - Where Will You Stand When All The Light Go Out?

by Nightstars 3 reviews

Haha! Woo, told you I'd have a title soon!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-07-23 - Updated: 2011-07-24 - 1368 words

1Exciting
Song used: Cross The Line - Superchick
Erm....don't ask...just..yeah..

Chapter Four - Where Will You Stand When All The Light Go Out?
"I'm gonna run like I've got the cops on my tail!"
Party Poison sighed heavily as he slammed his foot farther onto the gas pedal. The two motorcycles revved their engines beside the Trans-Am, issuing loud growls that bounced against their eardrums. Just beside the driver's side window, he could see a set of glowing eyes that sparkled in the fading sunlight. They flashed to him for a second before traveling to the person seated atop the motorcycle on the opposite side of the vehicle.
Zany Dead smiled to herself and then pulled her eyes back to the desert scene before them. Her eyes flared in the dark, glowing a strange shade of neon yellow. The radiation still stung her irises sometimes but now, she was used to the sensation that had her eyes itching. They would shine in the now almost smothering dark and then a fading ray of light flashed across her face. The bright glow of her almost yellow eyes faded to a lighter shade of brown and then immediately brightened again when the sun ray faded from her face.
"I'm gonna live my life like I'm out on bail!"
On the opposite of the Trans-Am, the engine of the motorcycle growled again as Screeching Cola twisted the handle. Her voice echoed out around all three of the vehicles as she sang. Her shining blue eyes swirled in the small patches of light that remained before dimming to a darker shade. Black hair with electric pink and purple tips trailed behind her as she leaned low over the handlebars and slowly began to weave a steady pattern on the dry earth.
She moved in a single wavy line, drifting from one side to the other as she smiled happily to herself. The engine on the opposite of the car roared again and she glanced over quickly. She noticed the glowing eyes of Zany Dead glancing at her before she began to move her motorcycle in the same pattern.
"I'm gonna be up front, gonna blaze a trail!" The girl with glowing eyes yelled suddenly.
"I'm gonna!" Screeching Cola shouted over to her.
"I'm gonna!" Zany Dead replied, a soft tremble in her voice as she held back a laugh.
Screeching Cola looked towards the Trans-Am expectantly, her eyes sparkling with excitement. She continued to gaze at the vehicle until the five people it housed took notice.
"I'm gonna?"
The man with ebony hair, Fun Ghoul, called out tentatively, sounding more like a question. Zany Dead laughed and nodded her head.
"I'm gonna cross that line!" The two girls chorused as they revved their engines and weaved their motorcycles again.
A man with large dark brown curls, Jet Star, tried to hold back a laugh as he glanced at the two girls. Both of which had pulled in front of the car and were now weaving two intertwining lines beside each other. The last man in the Trans-Am with sandy-blonde hair, Kobra Kid, rolled his eyes but smiled to himself nonetheless.
Then Party Poison began to slowly ease his foot off the gas pedal, glancing anxiously towards the almost non-existant sunlight. Quickly he moved the toe of his foot over to the brake and slowly began to press down. Quickly, Zany Dead and Screeching Cola glanced back and turned their motorcycles, pulling back towards the Trans-Am.
"What's up?"
Party Poison looked up as he exited the car, his eye quickly meeting the bright blue that danced across the girls face. She gave him a questioning look before smiling widely at him.
"It's getting to dark to travel. It's not that safe since we can't see when the Draculoids are getting closer to us."
Zany Dead held back a laugh, "Then we should be dead by now, right Screech?"
The blue-eyed girl nodded and smiled to herself. Then the engine beneath the motorcycle roared again and her grin widened. "Wanna set up a perimeter, huh, Zany?"
She rolled her eyes with a tiny laugh and nodded before turning back to Party Poison. Her eyes glowing the strange neon shade of yellow.
"We're going to ride in a quick circle around her to see if it's safe, kay, Poison."
A split second after he nodded his understanding two motorcycles zoomed past him, the dust billowing up and settling on the other three men who had stepped out of the Trans-Am. Quickly the snarling of the engines faded as they zoomed out of sight. A quiet chuckle ran through them as they swiftly went to the trunk of the vehicle and grabbed some of the spare things that they stored.
A small tank of water was pulled out, paint splashes thrown across it. Then that was quickly followed by small cans of food, black words reading 'Power Pup' were printed across it below the same black symbol on the motorcycles. Party Poison grimaced for a brief second at the symbol before tucking the cans underneath his arm and slamming the trunk closed. It shut with a loud boom that echoed in the comfortable silence around their makeshift campsite.
As he turned a bright light flashed in front of him. Bright dancing flames moved across his face as the fire crackled. Fun Ghoul sat beside the makeshift fireplace with a victorious grin on his face, holding two rock in his hands. Kobra Kid was beside him with a soft frown furrowing his brow. Jet Star was behind them both, sitting beside Missile Kid who grinned and tugged on one of his curls with a mischevious glance at him. Quickly he retaliated by grabbing her sides with both of his hands and beginning to tickle her ribs.
Party Poison grinned softly to himself and quickly moved over to sit beside the fireplace. As he took his seat, Kobra Kid reached into his pack and pulled out a small electronic device. He began to fiddle with it and it let out a loud squeal. The five crowded around the fire flinched at the sound.
"STOP!" Jet Star let out an alarmed cry and pulled the device from Kobra Kid's hands. "Yet another reason besides the toaster incident to keep you away from all electonic, and electric devices,' he declared and swiftly shut it off, the high-pitched noise dieing quickly.
They all laughed at the memory, besides Kobra Kid who frowned again, but thier moment was interupted. There was a loud snarling sound and immediately all four men were on their feet. Their guns were drawn and pointed into the darkness, eyes flittering from one area to the next.
"Everybody freeze! Don't step over the line!"
There was a collective sigh of relief as they lowered their guns and Screeching Cola quickly rode into view, Zany Dead following closely behind her. The roaring of their motorcycles quickly dieing as they switched the engine off and smiled at the group who returned to sitting on the sandy floor.
"Don't stand up, don't shoot down.."
Screeching Cola stopped singing as a third growling sounded in the distance.
Again, they all were on their feet, rayguns drawn and pointed in the distance. The growling was more guttural, not that of a motorcycle.
"Damn, I never get to finish my song..." Screeching Cola muttered to herself as she held her raygun aloft in front of her.
There was another rustling, followed by a low growl. Party Poison stood up and pulled on a set of goggled. He took in a sharp breath and tightened his grip in the bright yellow raygun in his hand.
Kobra Kid quickly pushed Missle Kid behind him, Screeching Cola grabbing tightly onto the young girls hand and stepping slightly in front of her, the other hand gripping tightly into an orange raygun.
Another rustling and then Zany Dead took a step forward, her face no longer alight with happiness. Instead her eyes danced with a foreign expression of anger. Her hand raised, raygun in hand, and she pulled the trigger.


(A/N: Sorry, couldn't help the cliff-hanger. Hehe, I'm gonna post another chapter tomorrow though. Promise!)
Sign up to rate and review this story