Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > A Kiba Inuzuka Love Story

Chapter 10 - Team Tension

by BlueEyesDontLie 1 review

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Kiba - Published: 2011-07-20 - Updated: 2011-07-21 - 1748 words

0Cliche

You woke up to a bright stream of sunlight pouring through the hospital window. You didn’t even remember falling asleep last night but you weren’t going to think about it too much. Your head was aching like a bitch and thumping just as bad as the night before, so gathering the effort to try and remember how you fell asleep was out of the question.


You rolled over and noticed Kiba wasn’t lying beside you. You then tried to gather up all of your energy to shift yourself up and glance around the room, hoping to see Kiba passed out in a chair or waiting for you to wake up. But unfortunately, the room was empty.

Hmm, that’s weird. I swear I fell asleep with him last night, I wonder where he is?

“Good morning Kansura, how are you feeling today?” Said a blonde lady as she walked through the door. You looked up to see the Hokage walking into your room with her head held high with authority. She picked up the clip board which was clipped at the end of your bed and examined it, flipping through the pages and studying your results.

“Umm, alright I guess...” you mumbled, trying to speak through the awful thumping which was happening at the back of your skull.

“It looks as if you had some serious tissue damage to the back of your head. The medics managed to fix it though, by giving you 16 stiches to the damaged skin tissue.” She said as she studied the medical report carefully.

“Wow, only 16 stiches? It feels more like 30,” you replied as you rubbed the back of your head.

The Hokage laughed and placed the clipboard back onto the end of your bed. “Well by looking at your papers it seems like you may be out of here in a few days.”

“What?” you said, not in a very nice way. “A few days? What about the Chunin exams?”

Tsunade gave you a look as if she was about to say something bad and that nervous feeling started to infect your stomach again. “Kansura... you’re memory might be a bit fractured, but the second stage of the Chunin exams ended two days ago...”

You’re body seemed as if it stopped working. “Two days?” you managed to say after a deafening silence. Regional

“Your accident happened on Monday, and it is now Wednesday. Do you remember what happened?”

You fell silent for a bit whilst you tried to remember what had happened. Only blurred images of Zaku trying to hit you could come to mind, nothing was quite clear after that. The last thing you could remember was Kiba coming in and getting him off you and after that the rest was black. “I can remember bits of it,” you said softly.

“Well after that, you were out for a day and a night. Most of the day you were being operated on, and the night you were just unconscious.” Tsunade sat on the end of your bed and corrected the sheets. “The Inuzuka boy informed us this morning that you had regained consciousness last night.”

So he must have only left this morning... of course! He and Shino and Hinata have training. God I’m so stupid...“So you’re saying that I missed out on the Chunin exams...” you said disappointedly.

“Unfortunately so. But there were many students that missed out Kansura, and the chance will always be around next year.”

You glanced down and picked at the white bed sheets beneath you. It was obvious that you were sad, and disappointed at the same time. You wanted to be a Chunin so bad, and you had become so close. You began to feel that you had let your parents down.

“Well, can you at least tell me how Kiba went? I forgot to ask him last night, did he win his battle?”

Tsunade dropped her eye contact with you and glanced away.“Well, Kiba didn’t actually fight.”

“What?” you said as your mouth almost dropped to the floor. Sure, you had only known Kiba for a few days, but he was defiantly not one to back down from a fight. He was always up for a battle, physically or verbally.

“You see, Kiba’s battle was about to begin as soon as he found you. When he came out into the stadium with you in his arms, he refused to let anyone take you to the hospital. He wanted to do it himself, and forfeited his battle to do so. And ever since then, he hadn’t left your side. This morning would have to be the first time he has left the room in days.”

So many emotions were rushing through you like a train. You were sad that he gave up his battle. You were furious because it was because of you. You were happy that he chose to be by your side for so long, but you were mad that he gave up his chance of becoming a Chunin. What the hell was he thinking! He probably wanted to be a Chunin more than anyone else in the village, and he gave it up all because of you!? Stupid, stupid, stupid!

“Kansura?” said Tsunade, snapping you out of your thoughts and waiting for your reply.

“I want the exam to be re-done.” Was the only thing you could say. Tsunade looked at you before shaking her head in refusal.

“I’m afraid we can’t do that Kansura.”

“What, why not?” you fought back.

“Listen, I know how bad you want to become a Chunin, but I can’t re-do the exam just for one person. It just takes away the achievement of the genin who have already made it this far.”

“No, I don’t mean for me. I mean for Kiba.”

Tsunade’s look became softer as she looked at you in consideration. “I know that Kiba is your team mate Kansura, and you care for him deeply. But you have to understand that I can’t re host this exam. Things just have to stay the way they are.”

As much as you wanted her to change her mind, you knew that it couldn’t happen. You just wanted to try though, just so Kiba could be given another chance.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________



“Hinata, you need to follow through with your attacks,” called Kurenai from the sideline. “Shino, your attacks need to be a bit more solid.”

When the training was over, Kiba, Shino and Hinata sat with their backs against the tree puffing in exhaustion. “Well done team, you trained well. Especially you Kiba, you were on fire today.”

Kiba smirked to himself and ran his hands through his scruffy brown hair. “I always do,” he replied in a self satisfied tone. He could feel Shino staring at him as he soaked up his compliments. “What’s up Shino, Jealous?” he asked as he playfully nudged Shino in the arm.

Shino just shook his head and continued to drink his water. “If you’re getting this good Kiba, it makes me wonder why you through the Chunin exams away so easily.”

An awkward silence filled the field. The wind could be heard clear as day and each bustle of the swaying tree’s in the distance could be heard almost too easily. What was once a happy, confident smile on Kiba’s face drained away into a serious frown as he gripped his water bottle in anger. What the hell does he have to do with that, it’s not like I don’t know what I did? So why would he bring something like that up...

“Well sorry we all couldn’t make it like you Shino, but compliments like that you should keep to yourself.”

“Why, jealous Kiba?” Shino said as he casually placed his hands in his pockets.

“I’m not jealous Shino; I had a perfectly good reason to why I forfeited that battle!”

“Boys,” said Kurenai as she stood up. “I’ll have none of this arguing on my squad. I know with Kansura being in hospital might have worried you all, but there is no reason to take any of that frustration out on each other.” Kurenai stood and gathered up all of the training equipment. “That will be all for today, we will continue at the same place and time tomorrow.”

With Kurenai gone, Kiba figured he’d talk to Shino about his attitude problem from earlier. “Wanna tell me what that was all about?”

Shino stood up and looked Kiba in the eye. “You realise that throwing away your chance of becoming a Chunin because of some girl was a stupid idea.”

“Shut up Shino, You don’t know anything about it! If you saw what I saw you would have been shaken up to. Stop trying to act like a father or something, always telling me what I should and shouldn’t do. You’re a 17 year old Kid Shino, just like me.”

“I never said I knew anything about it Kiba, but I’ll tell you what I do know. You are developing feelings for this girl, and because of those feelings you’re making very stupid decisions. I told you before and I’ll tell you again, a relationship between team members is a bad idea.”

Before Kiba had the chance to answer Shino turned and darted into the bushes. Kiba looked at his hands when he felt something warm trickling down his wrist. He lifted his hands to realise he had dug his fingernails so hard into is palms out of frustration that he drew blood. He had become so mad his face was on the verge of becoming the same colour of his Inuzuka Triangles. Swallowing his frustration, He wiped the palms of his hands on his pants before calling to Akamaru and walking home.

What would he know about relationships, he thought as he kicked irritatedly at the gravel beneath him. It’s not like you can just throw away feelings you have for someone. And he doesn’t even know if it will affect the team, if anything its making my fighting better, stronger. Pfft, a ‘bad idea’... he’s probably just saying that because he’s jealous that my fighting is improving, and maybe getting better than his...

“Come on Akamaru,” said Kiba as he quickened his pace. “Let’s go visit Kansura.”
Sign up to rate and review this story