Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Only Hope For Me Is You

The Only Hope For Me Is You: Chapter 1.

by EmilehFace 1 review

Highschool Frerard.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2011-07-22 - Updated: 2011-07-23 - 690 words - Complete

2Ambiance
It was another boring day at school. It was only the first class and I’d already gotten a detention for being late and I was already getting frustrated with Travis. Travis is a fuckhead. He’s been bullying me for the last three years, ever since we were on fourteen. He generally only threatens me to show off to his group of hoon friends, but today he decided to trip me over in the middle of the corridor where of course, Kat was standing and giggling watching me fall to the ground. Kat was the most beautiful girl I had ever laid eyes on; I almost couldn’t control myself at the sight of her. She was fantastic; she even talked to me once. Sure, it was to tell me to get out of her way, but it still counts as something. Anyway, my name is Frank, I’m freshly seventeen and I’m sitting in English not listening to Mr Kerch’s lecture.
After what seemed like forever, the bell rang and I practically ran out of class. Half because I wanted to get away from Travis, half because I needed a fucking cigarette.
As I approach my locker, I notice someone trying to open my it, so I run up to whoever it is to find out what the hell they think they’re doing. As I get closer, I notice it’s some kid I’ve never seen before, he must be new. He’s about my age and has black hair, a little longer than mine. He’s wearing ripped black skinny jeans, his clothing sense a little too similar to mine not to get a bit freaked out, and maybe even a little intimidated. I’m not in the mood for this, and my lip still hurts from getting it pierced yesterday.
“What the fuck do you think you’re doing?” I ask the boy.
He turns to look at me, his eyes a gorgeous combination of hazel and green, with a hint of fear, gaze into mine.
“I...Uh” he stutters “I have no idea.”
I look him up and down, confused, before saying “Dude, this is my locker. You’re new right? You must have been assigned this locker or some shit. I wouldn’t be surprised, not even the teachers know who I am around here.”
Unsure why I just shared this unneeded information with a stranger who just so happens to be staring at me contently, I open my locker and rummage around my bag looking for my pack of cigarettes.
“Fuck!” I exclaim.
The boy looks at me, worried. “What?” He asks.
“I, uh, can’t find my smokes.”
“Follow me.” He says with a smile.
Before I know it my feet begin taking steps without my consent and I’m following this random kid out to the back of the oval, the bell just rang so we’re both going to be late to class, not that anyone will notice anyway. I’m intrigued in what is about to happen.
When we finally reach the very back of the school oval, hidden by trees so no one can see us, I wonder if the kid brought me up here to murder me or something. He suddenly sits down cross legged and pulls out a packet of cigarettes from one of the many zipped pockets of his black jacket. He hands me one, smiling. I inspect it for a few seconds before lighting up and drawing back slowly. The kid must have seen me do this because he laughs and says “what did you think I did to it, poison it?”
I don’t say anything, I just sort of stand there looking and feeling stupid.
He seems to sense my uncomfortableness and introduces himself “I’m Gerard, by the way.”
I sit down on the slightly wet grass in front of him. “I’m Frank.” I say, holding out my hand without thinking. He looks at it oddly. Then we shake hands awkwardly and sit there smoking in silence, enjoying the morning sun until the lunch bell rings.
Sign up to rate and review this story