Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You Only Live Forever In The Lights You Make

Chapter Two: Look Alive, Sunshine

by ZombieSlayer13x 6 reviews

Battle scene! I decided not to kill anyone yet, always a good sign.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Humor - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2011-07-26 - Updated: 2014-06-12 - 1796 words

5Exciting
*A/N: Second chapter up!! I actually kinda like this story. The rates and reviews help a bit. I tried to make your characters pretty true to themselves. I hope I was close.


Chapter Two: Look Alive, Sunshine


"Now where are we going?" asked Rusty Sunshine as she leaned forward to stick her head between the front seats.

"Gas station," Chemical Corpse replied. Sunny nodded and sat back. She picked up a map of Battery City and the surrounding areas.

"Again??" asked Sonic.

"Sadly, yes again," said Corpse.

"I feel like we're always getting gas..." said Sonic.

"Yeah, we're lucky there's still gas left in the zones," said Sunny.

They drove for about 20 minutes until they came up to an abandoned gas station. The team got out. Toxic, Cyanide, and Sonic stayed with the vehicles while Chemical, Sunny, and Elder checked the perimeter and looked for supplies inside.

Sonic looked up at the gas station sign, it was practically falling apart. It read, “Sunny Days Oil.”

“Well, they got the name right. All we see in this desert anymore is the sun...sun and dracs,” Sonic said bitterly as she filled the car with as much gas as it could hold.

“Agreed,” said Toxic. She peered into the truck and checked the temperature; 102 degrees. It was actually cool for once.

Just then they heard shouting and gunfire, which could only mean one thing:

The dracs had found them.

In a flash Sonic, Cyanide, and Toxic all had their guns out and were racing towards the gunfire and shouts.

“Nice of you to join us!!” shouted Corpse as she fired three shots at an oncoming drac. It fell instantly.

Toxic looked around, there were about seven dracs, and six of them. They could easily win this. She cocked her ray gun and then ran towards the nearest drac. She dropped and rolled as it fired, side-swiped it’s legs, then knocked it to the ground. She made a mental note to thank Twisted Poison for teaching her that move. Toxic proceeded to shoot it in the head and then moved on to the next one.

A couple feet away Cyanide was taking a more calm approach to killing dracs. He walked towards the nearest one. The drac sensed him and turned around to face him. It started firing like mad. Somehow all of its shots missed Cyanide. When he was within 10 feet of the drac, he raised his gun and shot it point blank.

A little farther away from Cyanide, Sonic was dealing with two dracs at one time. She was hiding behind a car firing every once and a while. She couldn't stay like this forever though. Taking a deep breath, she made up her mind. She gave a yell and ran out from behind the car. Taking aim, she shot down one drac and wounded the other. The drac that was still standing fired at Sonic. She dodged it. Sonic fired again and missed. The drac fired another round. Sonic dived behind a trash can, but a second too late. A bullet nicked her in the shoulder. She cried out in pain and crawled behind the trashcan to nurse her arm. The drac walked towards her.

Elder, who had just shot a down a drac of his own, heard her cry.

“NOOOOOO!!” He shouted. The others momentarily stopped in mid fight and looked at him. He almost never talked, let alone yelled.

Elder ran full speed at the drac who by this point had Sonic by the throat. You couldn’t see the dracs face as he watched Edler hurtle towards it, but you could bet it was a look of terror. Elder was a pretty bulky teen, he was 6’ 2 as well.

The drac hesitated, but stood its ground. It dropped Sonic and raised its gun. Elder launched himself at the drac. The drac fired.

The shot went wide as Elder slammed into the monster, punching it again and again. The drac fought back at first, but stopped once it realized it couldn't escape the onslaught. Elder was still hitting it, some blood started dripping from inside the mask. Corpse and Cyanide fought to pull him off of the dead drac.

"ELDER!" Sonic shouted as she stood up, brushing off her purple jacket, "Calm down! I'm fine." She tried her best to put on a smile, but winced at the white hot pain in her shoulder. She felt like it was on fire. Her vision started to blur. She felt herself swaying as she walked.

Elder walked over to her and offered support. He was like her little brother. Sonic had been the one who found Elder a couple years back. Before Twisted Poison came along Sonic used to be the spy/messenger of the team. Sometimes she missed the solo missions, but she wouldn't trade places with Twisted for the world.

When she found Elder he had been so lost and alone. How could she say no to him? Now he stuck to her like glue.

At 19 Elder is the oldest of the group. Cyanide was also 19, but Elder had a couple months on him. When Elder was in school, before the BL/ind takeover, he was always picked on. It was always for something-his height, weight, shyness, anything and everything. Elder was always a peaceful person but suffered many beatings as a kid. His parents did little to help him, telling him to ignore it or man up.

As he got older, his rage grew. He took his parents advice and started fighting back. He got into a lot of fights and easily won them all. Elder was kicked out of his public school in fourth grade because of his behavior. His parents tried to get to him to see a counselor about his anger, but he refused. One night he ran away and told his parents he hated them.

That was the last time Elder ever saw his parents. Every day he regretted what he did, seeing as BL/ind took over days later. Elder was alone and scared. He didn’t know what to do so he hid. He hid until one day a drac found him. As the drac was about to capture him Sonic Sunrise shot it dead. She had been in the city for information. From that day on they’d been together.

Elder walked over to the hummer and pulled out the little first aid kit they kept handy. He brought it over to Sunny. Sunny’s parents were doctors and taught her the basics.

Sonic pulled her jacket off, wincing when the fabric touched her wound. When her jacket was finally off she almost gagged at her arm. There were charred pieces of her jacket mixed in with her burnt flesh. The wound was about three inches each way. Thankfully, it wasn’t on the arm that had a tattoo of a snake wrapping around it.

“This is worse than I thought,” Sunny said grimly, “it will take some time.”

“Can you handle that in the truck? We gotta go," said Corpse who was already halfway in the Hummer.

“Yeah, I need the drive to be as smooth as possible though. I don’t want to stab Sonic accidentally. Or spill something one her,” when Sunny said, this Sonic’s eyes bulged out of her head.

“Yeah, no offense boss, but maybe you shouldn't drive,” Sonic said to Corpse. Corpse got back out of the Hummer.

“Good idea,” She said, “So...who wants to drive?”

No one offered. After a long moment of silence-and Sonic’s occasionally winces of pain-Cyanide awkwardly walked up to Corpse. He looked like he was fighting an internal battle. Finally he spoke, “I’ll drive. You can...drive...my...motorcycle...” He said with great difficulty. Cyanide was the best driver out of all of them. If you wanted a smooth ride he was the man to get one from A/N: That’s what she said.

Corpse looked at him in shock.

“You’d let me ride your motorcycle!” A/N: Again, that’s what she said. It’s even funnier if paired with the other above. Corpse asked in disbelief.

“Yeah to help a friend...” He said awkwardly. Corpse shook her head, “You DO know how to ride, right?” Another one! Now it’s just an awkward conversation…. Cyanide started looking nervous.

“Of course! Just like riding a bike!” Corpse exclaimed.

~~~~

Five minutes later they were on the road with full gas tanks.

Cyanide was driving the hummer, glancing out his window every three minutes to check on Corpse to make sure she hadn't crashed his bike yet.

Corpse was having the time of her life on Cyanide's bike. She kept speeding ahead then slowing back down, occasionally doing a wheelie or two.

Sunny was in the back seat with Sonic, who was seated awkwardly so Sunny could have better access to the wound. Sunny was currently using tweezers to get the last of the jacket bits out of Sonic's shoulder.

"OW SUNNY!!"

"I'm SORRY Sonic!! It's not my fault you're moving too much!"

"You keep jabbing me!"

"SONIC SUNRISE, FOR THE LAST TIME, STAY. STILL."

“But it HUUUURTS!!!!”

“Don’t you MAKE me use your real name.”

And so the banter went on.

An hour later Sunny was finally done picking fabric out of Sonic's wound. She got a small bottle of disinfectant out of the first aid kit and applied it. Sonic hissed. Sunny shot her a look that made her instantly shut up. With all the fabric and ruined flesh gone, the wound looked a lot better. Thankfully, the shot didn't go through her arm. Sunny got some clean cloth to put over the burn, and then put some bandage wrap around it to keep the cloth in place.

“There,” said Sunny, “all better. Just check it every couple hours. I think you can change it yourself.”

“Thanks,” said Sonic. She found a comfortable position and tried to sleep. She was exhausted.

“SHE’S ALL BETTER NOW!! CAN I HAVE MY BIKE BACK?” Cyanide screamed out of the window. Corpse laughed.

“NOT YET!” She screamed back at him, “WHEN WE GET TO ZONE 4 YOU CAN HAVE IT BACK!”

Cyanide grimaced. Zone 4 was where HE was. A part of his past he thought he escaped from. They needed all the help they could get though if they wanted to take down BL/ind.

Another filler-ish thing. I know they always seem to be going somewhere, but in the zones you don’t stay in one place too long. In the next one or two chapters you’ll meet the rest of the characters in the story.

-Alex out.

Look alive, sunshine. The aftermath is secondary so keep. running.
Sign up to rate and review this story