Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You Only Live Forever In The Lights You Make

Chapter Three: We're Gettin' the Band Back Together! (F.T.W.W.W)

by ZombieSlayer13x 5 reviews

You meet the rest of the characters and basically find out where I'm going with the plot. It is guaranteed somebody will die in the future.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Humor - Characters: Mikey Way - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2011-07-28 - Updated: 2013-07-03 - 2999 words

5Exciting
*A/N: Third Chapter up!! YAY!! You guys that actually read and follow this are awesome!! Thanks so much for the rates and revs! They make me so happy :D You know, my favorite part of writing this story is actually naming the chapters. I try to make them fit with what happens in the story. This chapter is reaaaally long. It has a ton of back-story and you meet the rest of the characters. There’s a lot more dialogue too:


Chapter Three: We’re Gettin' the Band Back Together! (F.T.W.W.W.)


The team decided to stop for the night. They were all exhausted. They found a convenient alcove in a giant rock and decided to make camp there. Elder and Sunny went to collect anything they could to start a fire, Cyanide and Corpse left to do a quick scan of the area, and Toxic and Sonic stayed with the vehicles.

A couple minutes later all six of them were back together. They found no signs of danger and had collected enough supplies to keep a fire going most of the night.

Toxic brought a small can of beans out from the truck. She distributed half of the can between the six of them. It wasn’t much, but it was enough.

After they had eaten they talked for a little.

“Why Zone 4?” Toxic asked Corpse, “Can’t we just break into BL/ind now?”

“No. We need more killjoys to win this war, and I know just where to find them,” she replied with a smirk, looking off into the distance. The sun was just starting to go down.

“No, oh no no no. I refuse to team up with him,” you could tell by his face Cyanide was about to go into bitch mode.

“And why is that?” asked Corpse. It was clear from everyone else’s faces that they had no clue what was happening.

“He’s responsible for half the shit I got into before you guys found me.” Cyanide said, turning away from the group, “And don’t forget the little double crossing he did a couple years ago. You can’t forget his...past...too.”

“We need him.” Corpse said quietly, “He has a team too, he knows BL/ind inside and out.”

Cyanide snorted, “Oh yeah, he knows the place reaaal well,” sarcasm dripped from his words.

“Okay, someone tell us what’s going on. We’re supposed to be a team. No secrets,” said Toxic hesitantly.

Cyanide sighed, “Should I tell them, love, or do you want to?” He asked, gesturing to Corpse.

“God, don’t say it like we’re married,” said Corpse, “You tell it. You know him better than I did.”

He took a deep breath.

“Before I joined you guys, I hung out with this guy...his name’s Cigarette Kiss. He’s 21, older than us all. He was into drugs, alcohol, messing around, that kind of stuff. The only reason he’s a killjoy is because BL/ind banned of all that. I used to be part of his “team.” We were on a mission to steal some top secret files on those pills they're shoving down Battery City residents throats. We wanted to see if we could find the formula for them. Cig knew someone who could try to find an antidote for it. Or so he said he did.”

The team looked at him, waiting for him to continue. He sighed.

“We got in and got the documents like it was nothing. It was only when we were leaving that we realized there was a reason why the heist being so easy. We were ratted out, betrayed. Someone informed them of our arrival. At that point we were already taking heavy fire from oncoming dracs. I looked around to see if I could find my team members. All were there but one; Cigarette Kiss.”

Cyanide paused to take another breath.

“Later, after we were beaten and broken, awaiting execution, we found out why he wasn’t there. He had made a deal with Korse. He told us why he did it. He loved the lifestyle he lived. He said he really cared about us, but he cared about himself more. Korse offered him immunity if he delivered killjoys to him. Of course, Cigarette Kiss being the ass he is, accepted.” Cyanide sat down on a nearby rock.

“Wow, he sounds charming...” Toxic said wearily.

“Oh, he is, he’s had more girlfriends then I have fingers,” Cyanide said with disdain as he ran a hand through his bright blue hair. The color contrasted nicely with his green eyes. In the dark it made him look like he was glowing.

“So, how did you escape?” Sunny chimed in.

“After Korse mercilessly executed my other team members, expect for me, Cig made me an offer. He said he always liked me best. We were the perfect team. We could be brothers in arms,” Cyanide said, regret creeping into his voice, “He offered me a chance to be a spy as well. I knew I could never betray the killjoys, but I also didn’t want to die. I accepted the offer.”

Everybody gasped, except for Corpse. “You never turned any one in though,” Corpse spoke up, “your first mission with him, you shot him and then ran.”

“Yeah, I didn’t know what else to do. I made sure it wasn't a fatal shot. The last words he said to me were that he was going to kill me if he ever saw me again. After that I was picked up by her,” he gestured to Corpse, “and then I met all of you.”

“Wow, well, that was a lot to take in. Sooo...this guy’s the one we have to meet? Isn't he still a spy though?” Sonic asked, a confused look on her face.

“Yup, this is the guy we’re going to meet. He isn’t a spy anymore, actually. He got out of the business last year. They did something he didn’t like, so he ran. He’s very high up on their most wanted list now. He knows more of BL/ind’s secrets then they want him to know. That’s why we need him to get into BL/ind,” Cyanide said.

“How many are in this team of his you mentioned?” Toxic asked.

“Three others, well, technically four. There’s a freelance killjoy who runs with him sometimes. She gets around by hot wiring vehicles she comes across. Her name’s Apocalyto. Remember her? She helped us out that one time we were ambushed by dracs.”

Toxic snorted, “We’re ambushed by dracs weekly.”

“Good point…..” Cyanide said, “Well she runs with The Fabulous Killjoys from time to time too. There are rumors that she’s dating Kobra Kid, but no one knows for sure.”

“Isn’t she a little young to be dating him?" asked Sonic.

"Age doesn't matter in the zones," said Corpse in a monotone voice.

They nodded their heads in agreement.

"Alright kiddies,” said Cyanide as he got up, slapping his knees, “I think that's enough story time for one day." He wandered away from the group and found a spot near his bike to rest for the night. He took his jacket off and lied down, using his jacket as a pillow.

"I think he's right," said Sunny, "We need sleep for tomorrow.”

Elder nodded in agreement. They set a watch, and then one by one, they fell asleep.

~~~~

The next morning the team awoke to Elder shaking them awake. He had agreed to take the last watch of the night. Every one of them dragged themselves off of the ground. Cyanide, Toxic, and Sunny went to start the vehicles while the rest of the team destroyed any evidence of them being there.

10 minutes later the six of them were on the road. This time Elder was driving the hummer while Toxic and Cyanide were on their bikes. After a heated debate Corpse finally let Cyanide have his bike back.

"So...do you know this, Cigarette Kiss?" Sonic asked. She was in the middle of changing her bandage.

"Nope, I only know what Cyanide says. Apparently Cigarette Kiss is vain, mysterious, notorious, and a player. Cy said that even he didn't know Cig's back story, and they were like brothers."

"Hmmm...he sounds fun..." Sunny said from the front seat, “If he tries anything on me, I'll blow his brains against the ceiling."

They laughed.

"He may be a tough guy, but Cy told me that he does has one fear," said Corpse.

"What's that?" Sonic asked.

Corpse stared out the window, "Falling in love."

There was an awkward silence.

"Oh."

"Yeah....."

They drove on for another hour or so. Corpse rolled down her window.

"Cy! We just entered Zone 4. It's up to you to lead us to them."

He lifted the visor on his helmet, "Kay!"

He did a wheelie and pulled his motorcycle ahead of the rest of them, leading the way. A little while later his bike turned onto a small side road, barely wide enough to fit the hummer. From there he turned onto another. They drove down it for a little while until they came to a small abandoned dinner. It looked long deserted, so they were surprised when Cyanide pulled over.

"We're here," he said. He took his helmet off, his blue hair spilling out of it.

The rest of the team got out and looked around. Cyanide started walking forward hesitantly, as if he was in a mine field, “Now be careful. There may be-"

He was cut off by the tip of a ray gun being pressed against his head.

"-traps." He finished, cursing silently.

"Good ta see ya again Cy!" boomed a male voice from behind. Cy could practically feel the scowl Corpse was wearing, “I remember the last time we met! You shot me! SHOT ME! I still have the scar you know!”

He stabbed the barrel of the gun into Cyanide’s head one more time before he walked in front of Cy so the rest of the team could see him.

Cigarette Kiss was a little taller than Cyanide. He had pasty, white skin, short tousled black hair, and green eyes. He had on tight black skinny jeans and a red form fitting shirt. He was radiating confidence. To be short, he looked like one BAMF. He sassily whipped off his Aviators and flipped his bangs out of his eyes.

The team couldn't see their other assailants.

"Nice to see you too Cig," Cyanide replied sarcastically, "and sorry about that. I tried not to fatally wound you. You gonna let us go so we can talk?"

"No," Cigarette Kiss replied in a serious tone. He started pacing while twirling his ray gun.

Cyanide sighed, "You always did have to be in control. Fine, I'll play your game. What do you want?"

"Oh, no no, the question, my friend, is what do you want? You came to me. Which one of you is the leader of the group?" Cigarette Kiss asked, raising his voice to address everyone.

"I am," said Chemical Corpse as she stepped forward. All eyes were immediately aimed at her.

Cigarette Kiss walked over to her. He was at least a head taller. He looked down at her. There was too much tension in the air for Corpse’s liking.

"You?" he asked in disbelief, staring at the short Asian girl in front of him.

"Yes, me," Corpse said exasperated, rolling her eyes.

“Wow.” he said, “Who’s your second?” Cigarette Kiss asked, walking from member to member. He looked a little frightened when he got to Elder.

“Toxic Bite,” Corpse responded. Cigarette Kiss gave her a blank look as he surveyed the teens in front of him. “For God’s sake, the girl with the long brown hair and purple highlights. Can we please move on?” Corpse was starting to get irritated. She just wanted to get this over with.

Cigarette Kiss walked right up to Chemical Corpse and slapped her. Her head jerked to the side. When she moved her hair out of her face you could see some red marks already forming. She flexed her jaw and looked up at Cigarette Kiss, absolutely pissed. She got out her ray gun and aimed it at Cigarette Kiss, only to be met by the sound of three other ray guns being drawn and, no doubt, aimed at her.

“You can’t speak to me that way!” She said, using all of her willpower to control her voice.

“Hey, hey, hey!” Cyanide said holding up his hands, “Cool it Cig. Play nice.”

Cigarette Kiss looked thoughtful, “Don’t get your panties in a twist, love,” he said smirking, mocking Cyanide’s Cockney accent, “Her face is still lovely as ever.”

Cyanide and Corpse scowled.

“Hey boss, can I shoot this wise ass now?” asked Toxic from a couple feet away.

“I would say yes, but sadly we need him alive. For now,” said Corpse, emphasizing the last two words.

Cigarette Kiss walked over to Toxic and looked her up and down. “So you’re the second?” he asked bluntly.

She nodded.

You’re a shorty too!” he exclaimed. Toxic spat at his feet.

“Ooooh, feisty, I like it,” he purred.

Toxic rolled her eyes and shook her head in disgust.

He looked at her, clearly un-phased.

“Well, I’ve had my fun, let’s get down to business,” said Cigarette Kiss, “Vengeful, lead them inside,” he gestured to an average looking girl with piercing silvery, blue eyes, “I’ll be down in a minute."

“Yes boss,” she said, “This way.”

She tried to make small talk on their short walk. “Sorry about my boss. He normally isn’t that...rude? He had a thing for theatrics.”

“Believe me, I know,” said Cyanide.

“Well...um, my name’s Vengeful Scout. You can call me Vengeful though,” the girl said as she blushed. She was obviously a shy girl. She looked pretty young too. Maybe 15 or 16.

“I’m Chemical Corpse. That’s Sonic Sunrise, Toxic Bite, Cyanide Nightmare, Elder Soul, and Rusty Sunshine,” said Chemical Corpse, gesturing to each member in turn.

“Nice to meet you,” Vengeful said.

She led them to the back of the diner. She moved some crates out of the way and unveiled a little hidden door. It turns out that the door lead down into the basement.

“This is where our headquarter is,” she said. She gestured for the team to go in before her. The team went single file down the stairs. Vengeful shut the basement doors after them. Since it was pitch black almost they kept bumping into each other.

When they were all fully in the basement they gasped. Even in the dark it was amazing. There was a giant wooden table in the center of the room with blueprints, maps, documents, you name it, on it. Then there were some old radio’s on another small table. All of them were admitting a quiet stream of static. There was a refrigerator in the corner too. Somehow they had hooked up a working computer too.

When they looked up there were about three small monitors on the walls. They saw the outside through them. They were security cameras.

“That’s how you saw us coming,” said Sonic.

“Yeah, well, that and you guys were really loud,” said Vengeful admitted as she sat down at the computer.

“How do you get working electric down here?” asked Sunny in disbelief. She loved technology. Rusty Sunshine was the self proclaimed “gadget kid” of the team.

Vengeful winked in the dark, “That’s a secret.”

Sunny frowned.

“Sooooo...where are you all from?” she asked, typing something into the computer.

“Zone 6,” Sonic answered.

“Oh, honey what happened to your arm?” she asked Sonic.

“Drac,” Sonic replied in a neutral tone.

Suddenly the basement was flooded with light. The team shielded their eyes and rapidly blinked.

“It seems you didn’t bother to turn the lights on,” said Cigarette Kiss as he walked into the room. He had a leather jacket on now. He was casually leaning against a wall, smoking.

There was the sound of more footsteps coming down the stairs. Two girls came through. The first one looked about 18; she had black hair and catlike yellow-green eyes. The other looked younger, she was noticeably shorter and had long, brown hair with matching eyes.

“I’m Lady Madness,” said the girl with the catlike eyes. She walked forward and shook everyone’s hand. After that she walked back over to Cigarette Kiss.

The other girl stepped forward.

“I’m Kemical Killer,” she said. She offered her hand as well.

“Of course Cig, you’re team would be all girls,” said Cyanide with disdain, looking pointedly at Cigarette Kiss.

He laughed, “Well none of them are my girlfriend if that’s what your wondering. Anyway, they’re all too good for me,” he added quietly.

They stood awkwardly.

Cigarette Kiss cleared his throat, “I assume you wanted something of me?”

“Er...yes,” said Corpse awkwardly, “We need your help.”

“With what?”

“We’re taking BL/ind down. We want to start at the source, Korse. Then we want to continue the mission your, now dead, team tried to complete a couple years ago.”

Cigarette Kiss looked interested now, “Do tell.”

*A/N: I’m cutting it here. It’s so long already. nNow, you’ve met all the characters. They can plan and the plot goes on. Sooo, did you liiiiiiiiike it? Have any complaints, questions, ideas? EMAIL ME! artistheweapon13@yahoo.com

If you didn’t like it, then fine. You still have to admit one thing, the title is friggin’ awesome!! I’ve always wanted to be in one of those situations where I’d have to use that phrase……

-Alex
Sign up to rate and review this story