Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Shut Up, Mikey

Chapter 2

by StormVandal 1 review

"Hey Frank. Walk with me.'

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2011-07-27 - Updated: 2011-07-27 - 843 words - Complete

5Ambiance
We arrive at school on time. Mikey and Ray say goodbye and go to the right, to their lockers. Gerard’s and my lockers are in the opposite direction from theirs. I’m not really sure what to do here, because walking with him to our lockers would be awkward, but not walking with him would probably elicit some questions from him that I wouldn’t quite be able to answer. I stand there indescisively.

“Hey, Frank,” Gerard says. “Walk with me.”

Well, that settles that. I can’t exactly refuse.

“How are you feeling?” he asks as we head down the hallway.

“Like shit,” I answer truthfully.

“That sucks, man. You’re being good about this though. I haven’t heard a single complaint yet.”

“Yeah, well. It’s not like it’s never happened before.” And I’m expecting worse things to happen today, too.

Suddenly, someone shoves Gerard to the side from behind. Matt.

“Out of my way, fatass!” he says loudly, laughing. He glances at me and smirks before he strides down the hallway and out of sight.

I look over at Gerard, who is biting his lip and tugging at his shirt, and I frown.

For a second, I forget about being embarrassed about what happened earlier. “Hey,” I say. He looks over at me. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah,” he says, but I know he’s lying, because he’s far too quiet and won’t look me in the face. He continues tugging at his shirt, like he’s trying to hide non-existent flab.

I want to grab his hands away and tell him that he looks perfect, that he is perfect. Instead, I say, “You’re not a fatass, Gerard.”

He shrugs.

“Gee, I’m serious. You’re not a fatass. So maybe you used to be a bit chubby. I don’t care. Mikey doesn’t care. And Ray doesn’t care. Even if you were still, it wouldn’t matter. OK?”

“Whatever,” he mutters.

“Not whatever,” I mutter back.

“What?”

“Nothing.”

And then I go right back to being embarrassed. And also a little nervous. Matt had smirked at me. Considering he’d beaten me up earlier, it seemed like... not enough acknowledgement, in a weird way. Like he couldn’t be bothered to bother me.

*

I catch up to Mikey after homeroom. To my annoyance, the looks and whispers have already begun. Mikey looks completely apathetic, as usual. It’s kind of irritating. Everything is irritating right now. That blonde chick flirting with a lacrosse player is irritating. That homework on the ground is irritating. That locker over there is irritating.

I want to punch something.

And this is all before another one of the lacrosse guys comes along, turns to Mikey and says, “Hey! Freak Jr.! How do you feel about the fact that you friend here-” He points at me. “-Is a fag?”

Mikey looks straight at him with no facial expression. “Fuck off,” he says in a monotone.
And the lacrosse player does.

“Mikeyyyy,” I moan. “I can’t do this. I’m leaving. I’m going home. I can’t stand this for the rest of the day. I can’t stand for this for another five minutes, let alone the rest of the day.”

“Not to mention, by the end of the day Gerard will know all about this,” Mikey says, still emotionless.

“Shut the fuck up, Mikey,” I say roughly. Hurt registers on his face.

I sigh. “Sorry,” I say. “I didn’t mean-“

“It’s okay,” he says, even though it’s clearly not.

I feel so bad. “Hey,” I say. “Um. Thanks.”

He raises his eyebrows. “For what?”

“For not freaking out.”

He looks at me blankly.

“When you read that diary entry, for lack of a better phrase. You didn’t freak out.”

A devilish grin slowly spreads across his face. “Who says I didn’t freak out? He’s my brother. How do you know I didn’t freak out while reading shit, shit, shit, oh my god, I think I love Gee and I don’t know what the fuck to do and GOD, I just... I really need him. Now.”
I shove him, partly playful and partly pissed off. He stumbles sideways, laughing.

“But you didn’t freak out at me,” I maintain.

“True. I’m kidding, anyway. I kind of already knew.”

I gape at him. “WHAT.”

SEE I WAS RIGHT HE HAS FUCKING MIND POWERS.

“Well, that’s just fucking peachy,” I grumble.

“Just kind of. I had a vague idea. Don’t worry, I know for a fact that Gee and Ray don’t know.”

“Yeah, well, they will soon, won’t they,” I mumble, sliding right back into my bad mood.

Mikey shrugs. “Yeah, well, what can you do, right?”

“I could run away and join a monastery.”

“I’m sure the monks would love that,” he says, smirking. “I’m sure they need a resident lunatic.”

“Shut up,” I say miserably.

And Mikey does.
Sign up to rate and review this story