Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > How much do you value the lives of your idols?

My eyes fluttered open...

by secretive 3 reviews

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2011-07-30 - Updated: 2011-07-30 - 904 words

3Exciting
I was freezing cold as my eyes fluttered open to reveal a dimly lit, concrete, square room. My vision was blurred, and my head was pounding, but as I slowly came to my senses, I realised that I had no idea where I was. This couldn’t be the hotel! The taste of stale alcohol lingered on my tongue as I hazily began to remember passing out in the limo. I didn’t know where I was, all I knew was that I wanted to leave. I tried to stand up, but I was stopped in my tracks and dragged back down again. A sharp pain seared in my wrist as I looked down, horrified at what I saw. Silver handcuffs bound my left wrist to a thick, metal pole that was stuck firmly into the ground. I stared down at it in terror as my body began to shake violently.
I tugged desperately at the handcuffs, trying to free myself. It was useless; it only sent stinging pains up through my arm. I tensed up, feeling completely hopeless and confused. Where was I? I began to whimper uncontrollably as fear took over every nerve in my body. A foul stench that smelled like rotting food made my eyes sting and water. I felt completely helpless as I sat, unable to move further than a couple of feet on the freezing, hard floor.
Suddenly, I heard a quiet groan. I immediately froze my heart pounding as I heard a metallic scraping on the floor. I realised I was not alone here. I heard the groan again as a shuffling sound echoed around the room. The shuffling then became heavy, nervous breathing. The metallic scrape rung in my ears again, switching into a metallic clanking. I swung my head around to see a silhouetted figure at the other side of the small room. The figure was obviously chained up in the same way as me and was not within touching distance of me, but still scared the living shit out of me.
I shuffled myself backwards as far as I could possibly go. Whoever was in the room with me had obviously just woken up to find themselves in an unfamiliar environment. I stared at the person, I could just make out that it was a man. He began whimpering as I was before; I knew exactly how he was feeling right now. Then his whimpers turned into screams. He screamed so loudly it made my own throat feel sore just thinking about it. He pulled desperately at his handcuffs, trying to free himself.
As my eyes adjusted to the lighting, I could make out the man’s chestnut brown hair flying wildly around his face as he shook his head viciously in disbelief. A velvet, red waistcoat overlapped a white shirt on his torso. I gazed at his screaming, panicking face and realised that he was wearing delicately applied, black makeup. He reminded me a little of.... Ryan. Oh my god, is it Ryan? “Ryan!” I called over his deafening screams, he fell silent immediately.
“WHOS’ THERE?” he yelled, “LEAVE ME ALONE!”
“I-it’s me...” I protested, “Brendon.” I saw Ryan raise his head as his huge brown eyes shimmered up to meet my own. He jumped back when he saw me for the first time in a year or so.
“Brendon!” he called to me, “Where are we?” Ryan’s body shook, mirroring my own. I wanted to hug him, I had a sudden urge to hold him in my arms and tell him everything would be okay. I had missed him so much, but throughout all of the time I’d known him, I had never seen him look so terrified.
“I-I don’t kn-know...” I stammered as I tried to hold back my tears. Ryan and I stared at each other, hardly believing that this was any more than a dream. We didn’t quite know what we could say, so we just stared as terror flooded through our veins. We heard a loud creak as a bright light came flooding into the room. A door had opened at Ryan’s side of the room. He jumped backwards as far as he could, trembling in fear as two men walked through the door. One was pale skinned; he looked as if he were in his fifties. He had wispy gray hair and deep set wrinkles under his eyes. He stared at Ryan with his bloodshot, green eyes. The other was noticeably taller than the first. He had dark skin and wore thick, black sunglasses. He was broad shouldered and muscular, he looked intimidating. Both men wore identical black suits and shiny leather shoes. They walked into the middle of the room, looking from Ryan to me over and over.
Ryan and I glared helplessly at each other. My heart almost exploded as I saw the terrified expression set on his face. Neither of us knew what was going to happen next, but Ryan’s presence somehow made me feel slightly safer. Although it also gave me a deep desire to hold him. Maybe it was the fear, maybe it was the fact that I hadn’t seen him in ages, but it was overpowering as I knew that we were too far apart to even touch. His wild glare met mine as we both waited for somebody to break the silence.
Sign up to rate and review this story