Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Slayer, The Avatar And The Guardian Of Light

CH10 - Course Of Action

by GuardianOfLight 2 reviews

The Order debate what to do about Harry's disapearence

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover, Fantasy, Romance - Characters: Arthur Weasley, Bill Weasley, Dumbledore, Fleur, Fred, George, Lupin, Molly Weasley, Professor McGonagall, Tonks - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2006-06-04 - Updated: 2006-06-04 - 1309 words

5Original
Chapter 10 - Course Of Action

Dimension: 563 - Earth
Date: 24th July 2001 AD
Country: Britain - London
Location: 12 Grimmauld Place - Kitchen
Time: Morning


Earlier that day at Order Headquarters

"What do you mean no ones seen Harry?" demanded Remus.

"The guards and Arabella haven't seen him at his window since he arrived," explained the aging headmaster "Nor has she seen him in any of the other windows or in the front or back gardens, she also has not heard any shouting which is apparently quite a common occurrence when Harry is there."

"Let's go." said Tonks as she, Remus, the Weasley's and Fleur jumped to their feet and moved towards the door.

"Stop." demanded Dumbledore "We must be patient, as far as we know Harry might just be lying on his bed, grieving over Sirius."

"Or Arry might ave been kidnapped by Death Eaters." countered Fleur angrily "They could be torturing im az ve speak."

Some of the room's occupants were now looking seriously worried; the thought of Harry being tortured was not a pleasant one.

It had been a surprise to many that Fleur had taken such an interest in Harry. Since she had left Hogwarts at the end of the Tournament she had started learning everything she could about Harry James Potter, his likes and dislikes, his love of Quidditch and his hatred of Severus Snape, Draco Malfoy and the English Minister of Magic.

Fleur had just broken up on good terms with Bill Weasley, they had both realised that while they liked each other very much they did not believe that they had a future together, though they were still colleagues and good friends.

Though not an actual member of the Order but she had been assisting them in attempting to spur the French Ministry of Magic to act, she had returned to Grimmauld Place to tell the Order that her father who had a lot of influence in the French Ministry was now being viewed as potentially the next French Minister of Magic, while there she was invited to the meeting which had led her to this argument.

"It has only been three and a half days Miss Delacour," replied the Headmaster calmly "It makes sense that he is mourning, he did the same thing for the last few days of school and he may be doing the same thing now, if after five days we do not see him; we will go in and investigate."

"Vive days may be too late!" she argued her French accent growing stronger as she spoke "He zaved my zister in the lake, he did not vait to zee if I arrived, if he had not taken her then, she vould ave been left down vere wiv thoze beastz."

"Miss Delacour I have apologised many times, if I had known about the hostile relationships between the Veela and Merpeople I would never have put either of you in that situation, but that is the past. We need to prepare to move in if Harry does need our help, Remus, Kingsley, Tonks if by Sunday we have not heard anything then you will go in and retrieve him, if that is all, meeting closed."
________________________________________________________________________

Dimension: 563 - Earth
Date: 25th July 2001 AD
Country: France - The French Riviera - Marseeleveyre Mountains
Location: Chateau Delacour
Time: Morning


Comtesse (Countess) Delacour walked quickly up the flight of stairs in the chateau, her eldest and two of the servants had brought the boy back and from what the servants had said he did not look good.

Flinging open the doors to his room she marched to the bed where her daughter was sitting looking worried.

"What did the doctor have to say?" she asked in French.

"He has Wizard-Flu, a very bad strain," her daughter replied in her native tongue "It also appears that he was very badly beaten to the extent that he had a broken arm and a cracked skull, he also has burns to his right arm and hand, though we do not know how he got those. Added to that he does not appeared to have eaten anything since he left Hogwarts, and what fat and muscle he did have has been destroyed by the flu, we are lucky that the cuts and burns did not become infected or that we did not wait until Dumbledore had said or he would certainly be dead."

"He is very fortunate to have you watching over him dear." smiled Comtesse Delacour.

"He saved Gabrielle's life in that lake mother, if he had not rescued her I dread to think what those awful Merpeople would have done."

"Yes, we do indeed owe this boy a lot."

"He is not a boy," corrected Fleur sliding her hand down his cheek "He is a man."

Comtesse Delacour smiled at the comment; she knew her daughter very well and could recognise her fondness for this young wizard.

"How long before he recovers?"

"The Heeler said four or five days until he properly regains consciousness, after that he needs to be eating as much as possible to build his body up again."

"He doesn't look like he had much of one anyway." commented her mother.

"When I last saw him he was a little short for his age, malnourished and underweight, I was wondering how on earth he still managed to live with that small form, now he looks ten times worse and he is still hanging on."

"If all the tales about him are true it would certainly mean that he is an incredible boy....man."

"Yes, but only a few people seem to realise it, I do not believe Dumbledore can be trusted to keep him safe any more, we mustn't tell him that he is staying with us, if he knows he will try to get him back and we can not allow that."

"Your father and I trust your judgement dear, and from the look of him and what you have told us about his life I would hasten to agree....he is under our protection now."

They stood in silence for several minutes.

"It's the English food you know," announced Fleur "I knew it was bad for you, he looked as if you could push him over with a feather during the Tournament."

Comtesse Delacour smiled and replied to her daughter's random comment.

"Well my dear, once he is healthy again it will be your job to introduce him to real food, he is in your charge, take care of him."

With that Lady Delacour walked out leaving her eldest staring at the youth in the bed.



________________________________________________________________________

Author Review Response:BenRG, I never saw The Guardian as Q before but I can see the similarities, though he is most definitely not as troublesome, or at least if he is he doesn't mean to be, James on the other hand.....

I never found out what a Mary Sue is so I can not confirm or deny whether he is or isn't.

Thank you for the compliment about the Scoobies personalities, I try my best.

The language Adam is speaking is Lord of the Rings Elvish (Sindarian), I use it as higher, older language, as more powerful than Latin.

Adam and the Doctor was just a little tid bit of information, no relevance to the story, just amusing to add in.

Men are unpredictable, but that's the good thing about us, even the best plan never survives first contact with the enemy.

Yes it was Fleur as you know by now, but we will not see Buffy or Adam for a while, the Harry intro is even longer than the Buffy intro.

I apologies for taking so long to respond to your reviews but I have been unwell for over a weak and I am still not wonderful, I am hoping to update again soon, I appreciate every review from all readers.
Sign up to rate and review this story