Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Very Secret Diaries of Severus Snape

Chapter 1

by silverkitsune89 0 reviews

Snape discovers he has 'unsettling' emotions for James and becomes rather obsessed with him. He writes it all down in his journal, which is later found by said obsession. Will a love affair blossom...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Humor, Romance - Characters: James, Snape - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2006-03-04 - Updated: 2006-03-04 - 1219 words

0Unrated
Author's Note: As I am sick, twisted, and wrong, I decided to write this. Why must I ruin everything sacred and pure? Every now and then I may go back and forth between Snape's diary and actual events (that I made up). I don't think I do that in this chapter, though. Anyway... Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I will only say this once. I don't own Harry Potter or any of its characters, but imagine what would happen if I did.

Summary: Snape discovers he has 'unsettling' emotions for James and becomes rather obsessed with him. He writes it all down in his journal, which is later found by said obsession. Will a love affair blossom between the two rivals, or will a fragile teenage heart be shattered into itty bitty bite-sized pieces. A little bit of OOC-ness. Set in the 7th year. May be some Dumbledore bashing (done by Snape of course)



The Very Secret Diary of Severus Snape

Chapter 1
Friday, September 2, 1973
Dear Fluffy,
Never thought I'd ever write in this disgusting thing. What kind of mother gives her seventeen year old son a furry, pink journal? But then, I suppose I have no other choice but to write. If I don't write down what is going on in my head, I think I'll explode... or maybe implode... I'm still not sure.
Lately I've been feeling rather... uneasy... around Potter. The thought of him sickens me, but at the same time, I can feel my stomach turn summersaults. It feels almost... nice.
On the train coming to Hogwarts, I passed by him twice. Both times he was with that Mudblood girlfriend of his. Each time we passed each other, I snarled at them as I always do. He just glared at me and didn't say anything, not wanting to upset his girlfriend I expect. The second time, his arm brushed against mine, and I felt a jolt of electricity run through my arm and my heart started pounding.
What the hell is going on with me?!
-Severus


Friday, September 9, 1973
Dear Fluffy,
I've been at Hogwarts for a week now. We haven't gotten our schedules yet. We should get those on Monday during breakfast.
Word has been spreading about the new Defense against the Dark Arts teacher. Some people are saying the new teacher is probably a werewolf or a vampire. Dumbledore, being the fool that he is, told us there was a new teacher, but failed to mention who it was. Senile old fool...
I haven't seen Potter around at all. He's probably planning something with those idiot friends of his. I despise them. Always strutting around as if they own the place. Potter and Black are worst of all. Black, being so popular with every girl in the school, is constantly flirting, trying to see who he can make faint first. Hell, he'll even start flirting with a few guys if he's bored enough. And Potter is no better. As soon as his girlfriend is out of sight, he's back to his old self. He's still pulling pranks on people he doesn't like (me). He still steals the snitch from the storage room and plays with it. He still runs his hand through his hair, making it look like he just got off the quidditch field, although he does look very good with his hair like that. Wait a minute. What did I just write? Potter does not look good. Potter does not look good. Dammit, Potter does NOT look good!
-Severus


Monday, September 12, 1973
Dear Fluffy,
Classes officially started today. Lockhart, as before, is following me around like a lost puppy. How that spineless squib managed to get sorted into Slytherin house is beyond me. He's not worthy of it. He shouldn't even be at this school! He cannot perform the easiest spells nor can he put together the simplest potions. He's a disgrace. Somehow he managed to get into NEWTs level potions. Why do the gods torture me?
But yes, classes have started. My schedule: Potions, DADA, Transfiguration, Charms, Ancient Runes, Herbology, and Care of Magical Creatures. All NEWTs level of course. I'm not sure why I still take Care of Magical Creatures. I have no intention of using it. Why should I care to know that a vampire, contrary to popular belief, is not allergic to garlic so much as it is to strawberries (this being directly quoted from the Monster Book of Monsters). So next time I'm in a dark alley or alone in a forest in the middle of the night, I'll be sure to have a pouch of freshly picked strawberries hanging around my bloody neck.
Interestingly enough, Potter and company are in all of my classes with the exception of Ancient Runes. Only that bloody werewolf is there. Lucius, on the other hand, is also in all of my classes. Hopefully, he will make the year a bit more tolerable.
-Severus


Tuesday, September 13, 1973
Dear Fluffy,
Quidditch tryouts were today. Being ridiculously bored, I watched all the teams' tryouts. Potter made Seeker... again. I couldn't help but watch him closely. I hate to admit it, but Potter has a lot of talent. Watching him fly was inspiring to say the least. The rest of the team is dismal at best, but Potter is good, so I suppose they'll do well. Ravenclaw has managed to put together a good team this year. Hufflepuff's team is horrid, but I suppose that's to be expected. My own team is fairly good. Lucius made Seeker. I'm sure he'll give Potter a run for his money. I myself made Beater, so I'll be against Black.
Gryffindor team had their first practice today as well. They held it right after lunch. Of course, I snuck out to watch, although Lucius came with me this time around.
I watched Potter the whole time. He really is amazing, and he looked so happy. I was entranced. Lucius may have tried to tell me something, but I didn't hear it. Watching Potter swoop and swerve. Catching the snitch and letting it go, then catching it again within five minutes. It was breathtaking. My heart was racing. I think it still is. I think.....
I think I'm not going to finish that thought.
-Severus


Thursday, September 15, 1973
Dear Fluffy,
Does nobody in this school have any decency? I was in the library trying to finish an essay. While I was on my way out, I heard something behind the bookshelf. Being curious, I went to go see what had made the noise. As I turned the corner, I saw Potter and Evans snogging each other. It was disgusting! It looked as if they had been melded together. They were all over each other. You'd think they'd have the decency to find a room.
I left the library as fast as I could. My blood was boiling and I wanted to go back there and tear them apart. I was very tempted to place one of the Unforgivable Curses on Evans (They really aren't very difficult). But most of all, I wanted to be in her place...
Merlin's beard. I think I'm in love with James Potter.....
-Severus



A/N- First chapter finished! (I feel so accomplished) Don't forget to review. You know you want to.
Next chapter will be up.... eventually. Might be a while....
Sign up to rate and review this story