Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Very Secret Diaries of Severus Snape

Chapter 2

by silverkitsune89 0 reviews

Snape discovers he has 'unsettling' emotions for James and becomes rather obsessed with him. He writes it all down in his journal, which is later found by said obsession. Will a love affair blossom...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Humor, Romance - Characters: James, Snape - Warnings: [!] [X] - Published: 2006-06-04 - Updated: 2007-08-12 - 1648 words

0Unrated
Author's note: Okay. I know this took a while, but I finally have the second chapter finished. It only took me, what? 4 months? But yes, next chapter is up and ready. Hope you all like it.

Summary: Snape discovers he has 'unsettling' emotions for James and becomes rather obsessed with him. He writes it all down in his journal, which is later found by said obsession. Will a love affair blossom between the two rivals, or will a fragile teenage heart be shattered into itty bitty bite-sized pieces. A little bit of OOC-ness. Set in the 7th year. May be some Dumbledore bashing (done by Snape of course)

The Very Secret Diaries of Severus Snape

Chapter 2

Tuesday, September 20, 1973

Dear Fluffy,

Potter and Evans broke up. It's all over school. Apparently they got into a big fight over the "slavery and unfair treatment of house elves (These, of courser, being Evans' words.)" I was in the owlery at the time, but Lucius was there and he said it was pretty bad... and loud. Most of the Slytherins have taken bets on when they will (or will not) get back together. Lockhart and Goyle think they'll be back together by the end of the week. Lucius is giving them till the end of the month. I chose to stay out of this conversation.

Maybe now that Ja... Potter is single, maybe I'll have a chance with him. (I can't believe I'm even considering this.) I suppose I'll just wait and see what happens.

-Severus

Friday, September 23, 1973

Dear Fluffy,

I just woke up from the strangest dream. Bloody hell, I've never felt like this before. My breath is still ragged and I'm drenched in sweat. I'm only hoping that everybody is asleep and didn't hear anything (Not that I make any noise in my sleep.).

It was a very... interesting dream. I remember everything. It's like the images were engraved in my memory.

I was alone in the Great Hall. It was well after midnight, I expect, as all was deathly quiet with the exception of the fire crackling and the sound of rain. As I looked over my surroundings I saw lit candles (Yes, they were lit.) hovering just overhead, casting shadows on the stone floor.

Suddenly, I heard footsteps coming towards me from behind. I spun around and saw Ja... Potter (why do I keep making that mistake?) seemingly coming out of the shadows. He was giving me his usual smirk, eyes dancing. As I watched him walk towards me, he grinned wickedly.

Before I knew what was going on, Potter was on top of me. He had pushed me onto the table, my back pressed flat against the top. Potter pressed himself against me and groaned. My breath started coming short and my pulse was racing through my veins. James rocked his groin against mine, causing moans to erupt from both of us.

He grabbed both of my arms and held them above my head, then lent down to kiss me (Oh, the sweet torment).

That's when I woke up (so close...). I jolted out of bed, still slightly disoriented, and now freezing (although in retrospect, that may have been a good thing. And yes, even though we are in the dungeons, the Slytherin dorms are just above ground. So we do, contrary to popular belief have windows!).

Blast that infernal window for ruining an overall... pleasant dream. I mean...

I suppose I can't deny it anymore. I really am in love with James Potter.

I'll admit it, but I don't like it.

Now to figure out how to get him to at least like me back (or at least tolerate me).

Also, I think I am very much in need of a cold shower...

-Severus

Friday, September 30, 1973

Dear Fluffy,

After a lot of research (and I mean a LOT of research), I've finally found a potion that might get James to like me (I give up on calling him Potter. After looking up love potions for a week, I really can't deny that I like him anymore.) It's called Amoure True. It's going to take a month to make it, but if the potion does what I think it does, it will be worth it in the end.

Some of the ingredients, however, may be hard to get. The horn of a unicorn, 3 strands of a mermaid's hair, and a dragon's scale. All very unusual ingredients, and with the possible exception of the mermaid's hair, all very difficult to get a hold of. I may be able to get the unicorn horn from Professor Flammel's private stock, but I haven't the foggiest idea where I'm going to get the scale. As far as I know, the nearest dragon colony is in the mountains. The scale itself is very rare, so I won't find it in a mail-order catalog or in any normal potions supply shop. I may be able to find it in Knockturn Alley, but I don't like going down there unless it proves necessary.

Other than those three, I can get everything else from the student storage. My only other problem is finding a place to brew the bloody thing. Lucius has been asking questions about why I've been "behaving oddly." (Really don't know what he's talking about.) He's my best friend (hell, he's probably my ONLY friend), but I don't think I can tell him about this. Not yet.

-Severus

Amoure True

Ingredients:

12 Lacewings - 7 dragonfly eggs - ground liverwort - chopped mint - sandalwood - horn of a female unicorn - 3 strands of a mermaid's hair - 1 dragon scale - lavender oil

Procedure: Fill cauldron halfway with water. Place the dragon scale in the cauldron and let the water boil. Water should turn a reddish color. While water is boiling, add 1 lacewing every 7 minutes. After all lacewings have been added, wait 5 minutes and add 3 dragonfly eggs, the chopped mint, and sandalwood. Let simmer for 14 days, stirring clockwise 13 times every night. On the 15th day, mix in 4 dragonfly eggs, two at a time, and 3 strands of a mermaid's hair. Add ground liverwort until the potion turns a deep crimson color. Let it sit for 17 days, again stirring clockwise 13 times every night. On the last day, pour the finished potion into the hollowed out horn of a female unicorn and serve to whoever's love you desire.

Saturday, October 1, 1973

Dear Fluffy,

Somebody up there loves me! I have found both the dragon's scale and the unicorn horn. Last night, I went to the lake to find the mermaid's hair. Right as I was about to start walking back towards the school, I heard a loud roar coming from the Forbidden Forest. I was going to just ignore it, but I heard the roar again, only this time it sounded desperate. Finally letting my curiosity get the better of me (seriously, that's going to get me killed one of these days.), I made my way towards the forest and the source of the noise.

I was very deep into the forest before the sound got any louder. By this time I could hear something large splashing in the water (I never knew there was that much water in the forest). I kept walking towards the noise, starting to get anxious. I heard the noise again, this time much louder, much closer, and more desperate than before, just beyond the bushes. Throwing myself into said bushes and falling into a pool of shallow water, I looked up and in front of me was a small, icy blue dragon being attacked by a rather large spider. I stood frozen for a minute, not quite believing what I saw. It was only when the dragon gave another strangled cry that I finally came to my senses and hit the spider with a strong hex, causing it to instantly let go of the dragon and scuttle away, crying in pain as green pus oozed from the fresh cuts. The dragon sat there for a minute, panting harshly. He (I'm pretty sure it was a he) looked up at me after a moment. Again I was frozen as cobalt eyes pierce my own. A light blue aura started emanating from the dragon's body. The next thing I know I was lying down next to the lake, slightly scratched up (I'm assuming this was from jumping through the bush). I looked around to see if the dragon was anywhere in sight, but he was nowhere to be found. Instead, a single blue scale was lying right next to me. I wonder if the dragon knew I needed it, or better yet, what I needed it for.

That's how I got the dragon's scale. Getting the unicorn horn... slightly disturbs me. I was looking through the potions in the student's storage during lunch, grabbing all the ingredients needed for the motion. When I was almost finished, Professor Flammel walked by. He stopped and looked over the ingredients while I tried desperately not to blush and keep a straight face. He smiled and dropped a unicorn horn in my arms and said, and I quote: "You may need this." Then he just walked away.

I don't think I'll question him...

But I now have all the ingredients needed for Amoure true. I'm starting tonight as soon as I'm sure that everybody is asleep. I've found an abandoned room in the dungeons that I can use. I don't think even the ghost's go down there, so I don't believe I'll be disturbed.

-Severus

A/N- Squee! Okay, again, second chapter is up. Third chapter shouldn't take quite so long. I have most of it planned so with luck, I'll have it up in a week or two. Nicholas Flammel is the potions professor. Thought that'd be interesting to see, so I through him in there. Anyway, reviews are muchly appreciated. Flames, praises, or ideas. I'll take them all. I'm not picky:hands everybody cookies:
Sign up to rate and review this story