Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > How much do you value the lives of your idols?

They will not let you down

by secretive 4 reviews

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2011-08-01 - Updated: 2011-08-01 - 846 words

3Exciting
It was a long, cold night filled with endless tears and uncomfortable attempts at sleep. The floor was cold and hard so whatever position I was in, sleep was almost impossible. It didn’t help that Ryan kept letting whimpers and sobs escape from his mouth either, but I didn’t blame him. I used all of my energy and inner strength to stop myself from breaking down. One of us had to be strong, or at least ‘act’ strong or we’d both be completely screwed. It was strange, but although we were both in the same situation, I had an unbearable urge to protect Ryan, even though I clearly couldn’t.
After what seemed like hours of trying to get to sleep, the feeling of tiredness left me altogether and I lay, my hand hovering un-comfortably in the handcuff, on the concrete floor. I heard another sniffle come from the other side of the room where Ryan lay. It made my heart feel heavy as I stared over at him. He was still sat up and had made no attempt to sleep, or speak. “R-Ryan...” I said quietly. He looked over at me, his blood-shot eyes widening angelically.
“Oh, hey Brendon,” he sniffled, trying to hold in tears.
“Ryan, don’t cry, please, it’ll only make them happy to see you like this!” I spat. It made me feel sick with anger as I thought of the two men laughing at Ryan’s misfortune. Rage built up inside me if I thought if them even touching him.
“I c-can’t help it!” he stuttered, wiping the tears from under his eyes with his free hand. His black makeup was smudged halfway down his face, but somehow, he still looked beautiful. “I’ve m-missed you so much Brendon.” He sobbed. My heart skipped a beat.
“Ryan, you have no idea how much I’ve missed you too!” I almost yelled. “I know this is the most awful, horrible way we could’ve been reunited, but I swear to you that everything will turn out fine!” Ryan’s eye’s gleamed at me as an almost microscopic hint of a smile played about his lips.
“I just want it all to go away...” he sighed, burying his head into his knees.
Those words almost broke my heart in two. They ripped at my soul, tearing me apart. I longed to wrap my arms around him and tell him that everything would be okay. I desperately wanted to comfort him in ‘any’ way! But I was bound away from him, just out of touching distance, by a stupid piece of metal. It was painful to even attempt to escape, plus there was no use trying. “It will all go away soon Ryan.” I whimpered, fighting back my own tears. I couldn’t break down in front of Ryan; I had to stay strong, to make him feel a little less helpless.
“Brendon...” Ryan whispered,
“Yeah...” I replied, speaking quietly.
“If we make it out of here, please never leave me. It hurt being away from you for so long.”
I couldn’t help it now; I let a small, quiet sob escape from my lips. I placed my hand over my mouth to prevent another one.
“I-i p-promise Ryan. I’ll never go that long again without seeing you.” I whispered, trying to stop my emotions from exploding.
“I wish it could be like it was before, before i left...” Ryan sighed, his tears ceasing slightly.
“When we make it out of here, it can be. I promise.” I told him. Ryan hung his head, then lifted it to gaze directly at me. I watched his eyes filled with pain again. His chestnut brown hair waved perfectly and his frail body curled into itself.
“That is ‘if’ we make it out of here.” Ryan said as our eyes locked into an iron gaze. My heart sank as I knew he was right. It wasn’t definite that we would leave here.
“Ryan...” i sighed, “We will get out of here. As soon as people see that video they will rush to do whatever it takes to get us out of here. I trust them completely. They will not let you down.” Ryan gave me a cute sort of half smile.
“I guess you’re right...” he said, his gaze still fixed on mine.
“Get some rest Ryan, or at least try,” i suggested, “You’ll feel better.” Ryan nodded, shuffling himself down to lay uncomfortably on the hard floor. I watched him, my heart melting at the sight of his angelic face. He looked so cute with his eyes closed. It was beginning to scare me how i felt so protective over Ryan now. I felt like everything he did was so heart breaking, so magical. Maybe it was because of the situation we were in, maybe it was because I hadn’t seen him for a long time or maybe it was a mixture of the two. All i knew was that it was ... different.
Sign up to rate and review this story