Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Slayer, The Avatar And The Guardian Of Light

CH20 - Take Four - Leçons Françaises

by GuardianOfLight 3 reviews

Harry gets French lessons

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover, Fantasy, Romance - Characters: Fleur, Harry - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2006-06-04 - Updated: 2006-06-04 - 972 words

5Original
Chapter 20 - Take Four: Leçons Françaises

Dimension: 563 - Earth
Date: 31st July 2001 AD
Country: France - The French Riviera - Marseeleveyre Mountains
Location: Chateau Delacour
Time: Morning


This time around Harry and Fleur were working separately, Fleur was going to Gringotts, she hadn't been to work in several days and she had a back log to catch up on, while Harry got French lessons from Viktor using Occlumency.

Harry found the experience fascinating, unlike when Snape entered his mind, Viktor, far from the brutal thrusting into his mind scanning his memories, was in fact placing his own memories in Harry's mind; it was like remembering long lost memories that that you didn't even know you had.
________________________________________________________________________

At five o'clock that evening the main fireplace flared as Fleur stepped through.

She looked exhausted, though she still some how managed to look regal and sophisticated, not to mention attractive to anyone that saw her.

Reaching the day's bedroom she collapsed onto the bed.

"Vous semblez terrible" [You look terrible] said a familiar voice in her native tongue.

Looking up she saw Harry leaning against the doorway.

"Did you juzt speak French?" she asked surprised, sitting up as she spoke.

"Oui Viktor a été transferring son mémorial à myself toute la journée ; il dit Je suis obtenir tout à fait facile." [Yes, Viktor has been transferring his memories to me all day; he says I am getting quite fluent]

Fleur, temporarily forgetting her exhausted state, jumped up and ran over to him giving him a congratulatory hug.

"Oh Arry," she said in French "Quite fluent is an understatement, you are speaking perfect Parisian."

"He also taught me how to speak common French and basic German and Bulgarian just encase I needed to camouflage myself."

"He told me that even once the memories were transferred it might take you days if not weeks to recall all his memories." she said astonished "How on earth did you learn so much in one day?"

"Don't know, nor does Viktor, all he said is that according to the Occlumens Council it should have taken weeks for someone of my skill level to take in all that knowledge, he says that if I am that good at taking on knowledge, learning Occlumency myself should proceed just as quickly."

Fleur stood stunned before finally moving to hug him again.

"You are truly unique Arry Potter."

She felt the sides of his mouth twist into a smile, pulling back slightly she could see him trying to hide a smile.

"What is it?"

"Nothing." He said with a smirk.

"Really, what is it?" she asked again, leaning down towards him.

"It's just; I find it funny that even in French you mispronounce my name." he said smiling.

Her face sank slightly.

"I thought, I though you liked my accent?" she said sounding slightly hurt.

"I do, I do, I wasn't meaning to be unkind." He apologised seeing how she had taken it.

She turned her back to him and brought her arms around herself.

He placed a hand on her shoulder but she shrugged it off.

"Fleur, you know I would never hurt you, I wasn't being unkind I was just....I like the way you pronounce my name, it's unique, no one else does it." that was a slight lie, Madam Maxime did it as well, though not as nicely.

She still kept her back to him.

"I'm sorry....I'll go." He turned his back to her and began walking out of the door.

"Arry." She called from behind him.

He turned to her she still had her back to him.

"Yes Fleur." he asked.

She turned her head so that it was over her shoulder, she was grinning.

Harry was stumped for a second before realising that he had been had.

"That wasn't nice." he scowled walking back to her.

"No," she said, giving him one of her hundred watt smiles "But it vaz fun."

"I'll have to think of someway to get you back." He said her smile instantly improving his mood.

She suddenly put on a very innocent look "Vhat are you going to do to beautiful little me?" she said jokingly, her expression resembling that of her sister.

Harry stood there for a minute thinking before a smile spread across his face "You're not ticklish are you."

Her face went very serious "Arry, don't even vink about it."

He started walking towards her, an evil glint in his eye.

"Arry, Arry don't pleaze no, Arry" she had backed up to the bed.

She made a leap to get to the other side but Harry was too quick and managed to grab her ankles and pulled her back into the middle of the bed causing her to shriek in surprise.

Pouncing on her he began tickling her mercilessly; enjoying the way she squirmed under his fingers....boy was she ticklish.

Just when he thought she would start begging to be let up he felt her becoming more attractive.

He mentally swore for not anticipating her Veela powers as they overcame his senses, becoming completely enthralled to the French beauty.

She rolled them over and returned the favour, now it was his turn.

After several minutes of rolling backwards and forwards they both collapsed, Fleur lying on top of Harry.

They both laughed at the absurdity of what had just happened as they stared at each other.

After the laughter had died down they remained staring into each others eyes.

They were interrupted by a small pop as a House Elf appeared with their dinner.

Reluctantly they rolled apart and moved to the table, Harry mentally kicking himself, he had wanted to kiss her, which was something he knew he couldn't do, he was a quest in this house and he would not abuse the Delacour's trust....or his friendship with Fleur.
Sign up to rate and review this story