Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Everybody Wants To Change The World

Chapter Eleven - Boy, You Gotta See What Tomorrow Needs

by Nightstars 3 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-08-08 - Updated: 2011-08-09 - 2409 words

1Exciting
Chapter Eleven - Boy, You Gotta See What Tomorrow Needs

Party Poison held his gun alot, searching in front of him with hazel eyes that met with two brown orbs.
Pain.
He could see the way it twisted in the orbs, lingering for a moment or two before slowly it faded. Then he completely looked over who stood before him.
A girl, her bottom lip red and swollen with small droplets of blood collecting on it. Two light brown orbs made up her eyes, swirling in the bright morning sun and shimmering. Dark brown roots were visible with a soft tint of a lighter shade before a glittering auburn shade of red covered the natural shade. Her hair tumbled down between her shoulder blades, coming to a halt a bit above the middle of her back.
A ripped up white shirt clung to her torso, hanging loosely around some parts while others were held tightly to her skin. Black faded leather made up the jacket that hung heavely over her shoulders, some patches were frayed along the edges while others seemes as tough as new leather. Red skinny jeans were clinging tightly to her legs, tears in the knees along with other small rips. Black combat boots were lacked up to her calves, silver studs lines the sides. Aligning perfectly with the seams of the boots.
The shimmering tips of two knives were noticeable along the top of her combat boots. The handles glittering as if they had just been bought the day before. Two faded black holsters hung on either side of her hip, a black and red raygun tucked in either holster. Then she shifted.
Automatically his grip tightened around his raygun and then his brother was beside him. Moonlit Suicide stood off to the side of them, her sword tilted upwards and aimed directly towards the girl. She shifted away from the sword, trying to put as much distance between herself and lethal looking tip of it.
Then he noticed it. The way she winced everytime she shifted. The pain that crossed her face and the way her weight always moved from her left leg. Then the blood.
It seeped slowly from her the top of her knee, hidden behind the frayed edges of a rip. Then the scarlet liquid trickled down her leg, some of it soaking into the already vibrant red of her jeans while the rest of it slid down her boots and onto the ground. It was a particularly large gash, not large enough to be fatal but enough that it halted her attempts to walk normally. He saw the way that she constantly had to lean farther off that leg, and then the shrapnel.
A large piece of what seemed to be metal protruded from the wound, what had been a shimmering silver was now coated in a layer of blood.
"WHO AR..."
"Wait!" Party Poison cut across his brother who, in his flurry to protect his faily, didn't notice the state of the girl's leg.
There was no way another Killjoy, another outcast like themselves, could get a would like taht by accident in the Zones. It was possible out here, it only happened if someone was unlucky enough to run into some Dracs on their own. Some Dracs who were a bit bomb crazy.
Quickly Party Poison rushed forward, pushing past his brother and grabbing the girl's arm just as she started to sway. Pain filled her eyes again before it flittered away, leaving them a dull shade of light brown. He pulled her arm over his shoulders and lifted most of her weight onto his own body, managing to pull most of her weight off her legs.
Kobra Kid let his eyes survey the situation for a second before they landed on her leg. In an instand his bright red raygun was back in it's holster and he was on the other side of the girl, pulling her other arm across his shoulders.
Moonlit Suicide watched them with her dark blue orbs that shimmered as brightly in the sun as her sword before she nodded to herself. Slowly she lowered the tip of the sword and let it point towards the ground. As she saw the pain pass through the girls eyes her body untensed and she swiftly sheathed her sword, letting it slide back into it's holster. The she bounded ahead to the diner door, pulling it open as the brother helped the girl into the front room. Immediately Zany Dead was dropping the rag onto the counter, eager to stop her cleaning duty and help when she could. Screeching Cola popped up from behind the counter tossed her rag down beside her friends and jumping over the counter.
Fun Ghoul and Jet Star who had been standing on guard beside the diner door quickly helped them lift the girl into the table, pulling up a chair to prop her leg up on. Cyanide Killer grabbed a clean rag from beneath the counter and tossed it to his brother who rushed to the sink. Northern Lights turned the tap and swore aloud when no water was released, then with a quiet hiss it spewed from the end of the spout. It soaked through the ran and he quickly grabbed a bowl, as undamaged as possible, and let the water fill it up.
"Hey," Party Poison spoke softly, trying to provide a soothing feeling while the girl fought the pain out of her eyes. "I'm Party Poison, okay."
She nodded frantically before speaking in a low voice, "Vera Vanity."
"Okay, Vera," he spoke on the same soft tone, "I'm gonna need to get that shrapnel out of your leg. It can't stay in there otherwise the wound will get infected and it won't heal properly."
Her eyes widened slightly and she held back a wince before nodding.
Party Poison shook his head the slightest bit, not enough for anyone to notice, trying to keep his thoughts clear. Then he turned back to the group that had gathered closer to the counter, but close enough to hear the hushed conversation.
"Jet," he said as he turned to them. "Do we still have the First-Aid kit that Dr. D gave us?" Then he added in a quited voice, trying to avoid Vera Vanity from hearing them. "It'll be easier than trying to scrape by with makeshift tools."
"Yeah, it's in the Trans-Am," Jet Star spoke as he pushed off from the counter and rushed out to the car.
"Poison and you sure you can do this?" His brother asked in a low voice, murmuring the words to the fiery-haired man.
Party Poison nodded, more to himself, trying to convince his own thoughts he could do this.
"Hi."
His eyes popped open and he quickly whirled around. Missile Kid had slid into the booth positioned directly beside the table that Vera Vanity was propped onto.
"I'm Missile Kid," she introduced with a smile crossing her lips that quickly turned into a frown when she noticed the metal sticking out of the wound in her leg.
"Vera Vanity," the girl murmured quietly, wincing as pain wracked through her leg again.
The diner door burst open and Jet Star flooded back into the building, clutching to a white box with a large red cross across the front. Quickly he handed the box to Party Poison who gave him a grateful look and quickly going to stand beside the girl's injured leg.
"Okay, Vera," he started as Northern Lights grabbed the bowl and rag from the counter and brought it over to the table. "I'm gonna start pulling the shrapnel out and closing the gash but I need you to stal as still as possible."
Her eyes were alight for a moment before she nodded and clenched her hands around the edge of the table, digging her nails into the wood as her eyes flew shut. Party Poison nodded, again more to himself, and set to work.
His hands flew to the rag, placed in the suprisingly cool and clean water, and brought it up to the gash on her leg. Gently he dragged it around where he could see the wound. Some of the blood was partially dry, being pulled off in strange flakes of mahogany. Testingly he pressed around the wound, trying to see where the majority of blood welled up. A quiet hiss sounded and he noticed Vera Vanity's hands tighten around the table further.
"Sorry," he whispered, trying not to break his concentration and pulled more blood away from the wound.
"It's okay," she said back, just as quietly and bit into her bottom lip.
As he dragged away the last of the dried blood, Party Poison took in a deep breath and resisted the urge to gag at the scent of blood that wafted to his nose. Quickly he dropped the rag back into the water and looked away, not wanting to see the way the dark blood polluted the clear water. His hands shook slightly as he fumbled with the clutches on the kit. Then a pair of hands stilled his.
Kobra Kid pulled his brother's hands away from the case and smoothly pushed the clutches open, pulling out the tool he knew his brother was looking for. Party Poison gave him a grateful look before taking the forceps from his hands. He took another breath, careful not to take in any air through his nose and turned back to the wound.
Gently he lowered the tip of the forceps to the wound and studied it for a second or to. The metal of the shrapnel glinted brightly at him and quickly he gripped it with the pincers. With a soft grimace on his face he pulled it out swiftly, watching as blood swelled from the wound and began to run onto the table.
Missile Kid reached over and grabbed one of Vera Vanity's hands in her own and gave her hand a gentle sqeeze. Light brown eyes snapped over to Missile Kid's and quickly she mouthed the words 'Thank You,' before her eyes slipped closed again. Fighting the urge to wince, Vera Vanity kept her body as still as possible, not wanting to cause more pain then nessecary.
Party Poison murmured another apology and quickly dropped the shrapnel and forceps off to the side, well out of the way so no one would accidentally touch it. He pulled the rag out of the water and wiped away more of the blood that gushed from the open wound before touching the rag directly onto the cut. Her leg tensed and he frowned to himself as more blood surged forward.
"Relax, less blood is pushed out that way."
He spoke in a smooth voice that hid all the anxiety that twisted in his stomach. Seeing the red liquid spill forth from her would clutched his stomach and made him want to loose what little he had eaten before. Sucking in a breath he wiped away the blood and made sure no more was escaping before he turned to the kit again. Before he could even put his hands towards it Kobra Kid was already holding the threaded needle.
Stomach seizing, Party Poison grapped the needle, refusing to look directly at it and pressed it to one side of the wound. He took in a breath, stilled his hands, and pulled the needle through both sides of her skin, pulling it back together so it would heal properly. The thread slipped easily through the pieces of skin and sealed them together. As soon as he pulled in the final stitch his hands were trembling again, his breath coming in small uneven pants.
Then he was pulled away from the table. Kobra Kid had his hands wrapped tightly on his brother's arms, tugging him away from the table and the needle that glinted in a menacing way at him. Jet Star was in his place, pulling the thread into a knot so it wouldn't slip loose and then cutting through it. He grabbed the cloth and dabbed away the dried flakes of blood before nodding and pulling a slip of gauze over the sealed wound so the ever blasting sand wouldn't reach it.
"There, it's all done," Jet Star spoke with a gentle smile as Vera Vanity let her eyes slip open.
Her eyes quickly darted to her leg and surveyed the gauze that he had taped to her skin. Suddenly a large smile crossed her lips and the gratitude was thick in the air.
"Thank you," she gushed, for once a real sense of emotion was present in her voice.
"It was no prob..."
"HAHAHAH!"
"...lem..." Jet Star finished Party Poison's sentence as a laugh erupted behind them.
Quickly everyone turned to look behind them, Vera's eyes following their line of vision. Screech was doubled over, laughter bubbling from her chest as she held tightly into Zany's shoulder. Zany shook as well, silent laughter wracking through her body.
"Erm...are you okay?" Fun Ghoul asked, prodding Screech in the shoulder as more mirth gushed forward.
"Haha, Party Poison, hehe," Zany gasped out, " Afraid...of, hahaha, needles!"
Screech clenched tighter onto her shoulder and took in deep breaths, trying to stop the laughter wracking her chest.
"Fearless Killjoy, hahaha!" Screech laughed out, trying to capture a full breath.
Party Poison glared at them for a moment before stepping over and give Zany a sharp jab in her shoulder. With a sudden yelp she stumbled to the side, throwing Screeching Cola off balance and knocking the both of them to the floor.
"Yup," Screeching Cola called from her spot on the floor. "You're a Killjoy all right."
The group all exchanged a quick glance before laughter bursted from their chests. The mirth getting the better of them and finally winning in this sadistic world where they had to enjoy their time and laughter together.

(A/N: Okay, this was supposed to be loaded yesterday but....tugs hair frustratedly Something came up and it wasn't finished until today...Grr...Well, anyways, we have a new friend! I hope you like the way you came in, you're character will become more tough in the next chapter (hint, hint) where it really shows through...you know... Well, this was the only way I could think of getting her in and truthfully, I'm rather proud of this...Hope you enjoy! Until next time my lovelies!)
Sign up to rate and review this story