Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Everybody Wants To Change The World

Chapter Ten - This Ain't A Party, Get Off The Dance Floor

by Nightstars 2 reviews

We have another friend!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-08-06 - Updated: 2011-08-07 - 1775 words

1Exciting
I'm so sorry this chapter took so long to get out but I...I just needed a break from writing. I needed some time for myself and it just dragged on for a bit, but....well, here's chapter ten. I really hope ya'll enjoy it...


Chapter Ten - This Ain't A Party, Get Off The Dance Floor

The sun rose fast the next day, quickly pushing the darkness out of it's path. The group who had slept in the front room of the diner stirred, the ebony-haired man hastily jumping to his feet and disappearing outside one of the diner's numerous doors.
"Where's Fun Ghoul get off to?" Kobra Kid asked sleepily as he stretched his arms, a sharp crack sounding when he reached far enough.
Jet Star shrugged and looked to his jacket that he had tossed alongside the others onto the back counter. A soft frown crossed his face, furrowing his eyebrows at the paint that had hardened on it. Moonlit Suicide, who had been up before them and had managed to pull the paint off her jacket, laughed at his expression. Mirth coursing through her she placed her hands on the counter to keep herself up, letting the laughter tear from her lungs.
Party Poison groaned on the floor, running a paint covered hand through his hair, tugging at the stiff strands that were stained a wild variety of color. He huffed quietly and began to stumble to his feet just as Fun Ghoul bolted back through the door, pushing back the red-haired man in a hurry. With a stiffled yelp Party Poison crashed to the floor again, managing to grab the back of Fun Ghoul's jacket shirt and drag him down as well.
With a loud thud they hit the floor, Northern Lights and Cyanide Killer quickly bolting up from the floor while Zany Dead simply rolled over on the floor.
"What the hell, Poison?"
Party Poison narrowed his eyes and gave the shorter man a harsh glare before pulling himself to his feet. Fun Ghoul quickly followed his example and grabbed the supplies that had spilled from his arms.
"I always told you that if you ever knocked me down I would drag you down with me," Party Poison explained in a tone that insinuated it was the simplest thing to remember.
Fun Ghoul shot him a quick glare before turning back to the still sleeping forms of Zany Dead and Screeching Cola. With a precise amount of aim he tossed a towel towards each of them.
"ZANY! SCREECH!"
The two jumped at the sudden burst of sound and immediately were on their feet, looking around at the paint splattered diner and then at the towel that Fun Ghould had thrown at each of them. They shared a glance of horror and began to protest.
"Nope, we already warned you," Party Poison said, his voice raised over them.
With a heavy sigh Screeching Cola jumped over the top of the counter and disappeared behind it, ducking beneath their view.
"C'mon!" Zany Dead complained as she moved the rag around the paint covered counter, only succeding in pushing the paint around the top. "It wasn't just us!"
"Yeah!" Screeching Cola shouted, suddenly jumping up from behind the counter where she had been scraping the dried bits of paint off the floor. "Northern and Killer plotted this evil scheme with us too!"
Northern Lights scoffed while his brother protested openly, "It was your plan from the beginning! You just dragged us along with you."
Zany Dead turned to Cyanide Killer and glared. His eyes narrowed right back at her and they held the gaze for a minutes, each expressing their distaste and then they were laughing. Unable to hold the glare any longer they burst out in loud chuckles, grasping at their chests that heaved from the lack of oxygen. Screeching Cola raised an eyebrow but shrugged and held back her own bout of laughter.
Party Poison shook his head and watched the group with a soft smile playing along the edges of his lips. His mind in a gentle lulling place where none of the horrible things existed anymore. Yet still, beneath the moment of joy he could feel the ever impending sense of doom. He knew this moment couldn't last forever, like so many other things it would slip away, but for now he would clutch to it. Clutch to it as it were his very own lifeline, as if this moment was keeping him tied to this earth.
"I know."
His bright hazel eyes shot up, whirled for a second before meeting the light brown orbs of his brother. Kobra Kid's eye bordered a darker shade of hazel as the light hit them. The morning sun rising onto the dried paint and making it shimmer in the light.
A gentle sigh escaped the elder's lips as he leaned into his brother, sharing a moment of comfort with him. HIs hands clenched in his lap, he held back the anger that raged at the world, the anger at the fact it had come to this. That the world he knew had ended so long ago and was now replaced by this misconstrued version of a once greater place. Yes, it hadn't been a perfect utopia but it sure as hell was better than the wasteland they resided in now.
"So, what do we need to do today?" Zany Dead asked as she lazily moved the rag around the counter, propping her head on the palm of her hand.
"You need to clean that counter," Screeching Cola said as she popped up from the counter again and gave her friend a withering glare before ducking down again.
With a heavy breath Zany Dead began to properly scrub the counter, managing to pull the paint from where it had dried.
"I think that I'm going to work a bit on the Trans-Am," Party Poison spoke from where he leaned on his brother.
"You just worked on it last week!" Fun Ghould exclaimed looking up from where he was peeling the paint from his jacket. "Let me guess," He said as Party Poison opened his mouth to explain. "It can go faster."
His mouth snapped shut as the bright hazel eyes narrowed in a menacing way. Fun Ghoul raised his hands in defeat murmuring about how the car and Party Poison should just marry each other already.
Party Poison who was already headed out the door made no attempt to defend himself from the comment as he headed out to the Trans-Am. He watched as it glinted brightly at him and a serene look crossed his face. It felt almost safe here beside the car. It felt as if for once everything was normal and he wasn't in a messed up world scrambling with his friends and his brother to survive the day. As if for this moment there wasn't a feeling that they might die at any moment. Then as he came back to his senses the moment was gone and he was standing once again under the hot sun, propping open the hood of the car.
There was the sound of the diner door being pushed open and he hastily ducked his head under the hood, trying to block out what was around him again. He reached forward and fiddled with one of the caps on the oil tank, making sure it was tightened so it wouldn't pop off when they rode. Footsteps crunched in the ground, coming closer to him with every step. His eyes slipped closed for a second and he took in a deep breath before looking again at the strange wires and moving his hands over each one gently. His fingers glanced over one and he paused, looking at the pipe with squinted eyes, surveying each and every ridge in it.
That's when he heard it.
The steps were uneven. There was one low crunch as the step was taken in the dirt. Then the second would sound and it was heavier than the first. It sounded louder, wasn't as soft as the first on.
Party Poison's eye flashed brightly under the hood as he listened harder. His ears strained as he paused with is hand holding tightly to the pipe, holding onto his senses enough so he didn't accidentally bend it.
Their breathing was heavy, he could barely hear it over the pounding of his heart but there it was. The low, shallow breaths that sounded after the heavier step. It was as if it took more effort to take that step.
Slowly, he released the pipe, letting it slip back into place. His other hand that was placed against the bumper of the car to hold himself up was itching to fly to the gun in his holster. He forced himself to take steady breaths as his eyes darted to the side, trying to catch a glimpse of who was coming up beside him. His eyes moved again, spotting the small transmitter pushed into the side of the Trans-Am.
His fingers trailed over to it, and then he jabbed his thumb against the button and tapped against the speaker. The tip of his index finger hit the microphone repeatedly, tapping against it in a specific order. Then he stopped, hetting his thumb fall from the transmitter and halting the taps he had placed against the microphone.
He took a deep breath and held it. It swelled in his lungs, pushing against his ribs as he let his eyes drift closed again. His fingers shook slightly as he placed it back to the bumper and clenched his hand around it. He waited until he heard the soft hiss of the diner door being shoved open. Then he let his hand drop to his bright yellow raygun.
He pivoted on his feet, raising his raygun at the same second his brother and Moonlit Suicide burst from the diner. His eyes glanced over the red raygun in Kobra Kid's hands and the glittering sword in Moonlit Suicide's. Then he whirled his pupils to the person standing just two yards from him.

(A/N: gasp I wonder who it is! Okay..I know who it is but ya'll don't yet! Hehe, okay, I'm back in the groove of writing so I should have another chapter up tomorrow. grins So happy to be back and writing some more! Well, tell me what ya'll think. Please review, it means the world to me when ya'll do. And I would like to thank anyone and everyone who leaves me such nice comments, they make me day, they really do. Well, until tomorrow,)
Sign up to rate and review this story