Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Slip Into The Tragedy

4

by Burnie 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Sci-fi - Characters: Mikey Way,Gerard Way,Frank Iero,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-08-12 - Updated: 2011-08-12 - 1468 words

1Original
It’s been five days, and my well-being is catching up with me.
I’ve finally realized my hunger and thirst, and I’m afraid I might be sick from not realizing it for five days. Gerard still seems unaffected, but I wonder if he knows how I’m reacting, I’m a bit slower when we walk every day, and I feel like passing out.
It’s nighttime and Gerard wants to continue walking. I don’t object, because it isn’t as dark as it was on the first night, I can at least see where were walking. I just hope we don’t see anybody with, you know, guns.
I just wish I knew the identity of the person who took me back to the clearing. I really shouldn’t want to know, though, he did murder someone in front of me; I could smell the blood on him. But he did, technically, save me, and it makes feel like I owe him something.
I think Gerard must be anticipating that we will find something soon. He’s walking faster than he usually does, and seems so focused on where we’re going. Me? I’m just trying to keep up with him, so I don’t get left alone in the desert.
Gerard’s hair wasn’t that black anymore. But it wasn’t going back to its natural colour either, or at least, if his natural hair colour was Blood red. Actually, it was brighter than that; I’ll just call it Vampire Red.
I could see the Vampire Red coming out in little streaks through the fading Black. He stopped running his fingers through it a couple days ago, probably because we had no shower and the black powder didn’t come out too easily. But as I struggled behind him, those few Vampire Red streaks glowed in the darkness.
I was anxious to see if any cars came by when we were walking. I’ve only seen the one, and it was at night, so maybe they only came out at night, I don’t really know. I just hope we do find some way to get out of here; I really, really don’t want to die out here, and most likely get eaten after.
It eventually got as dark as it was on the first night, and by then I was completely exhausted, along with having trouble seeing where I was going. Gerard seemed to be having trouble too, or that’s what I thought, when he stopped suddenly, causing me to walk right into his back. He didn’t react.
“It’s too dark,” He said “We’ll have to stop until its light again.” He said all of this very strangely, like something was worrying him. I didn’t question him, though, and I followed the sound that he made when he walked off the road. I couldn’t see his hair anymore, so I couldn’t tell where he was.
I stubbed my toe on a big rock. That was then followed by me crashing my other leg on a small cactus, which hurt a little. After that, I heard Gerard sigh, then come over and drag me along beside him, always being a caring brother. I didn’t mind that he did these small brotherly things, it showed that he cared, and in our position, I don’t want him to get angry with me at all, he might leave.
He forced me to sit on the ground, kind of like the mystery guy on night one, then he sat down in front of me and lied down. I did the same, so exhausted I could easily fall asleep, but again I was so focused on our situation. We still didn’t know how we got here, and that’s what was really troubling. These thoughts soon left, as I fell into a deep sleep.
I woke up from a dream I don’t remember just to realize Gerard was gone. I couldn’t see the dark shape where he was lying that was there when I fell asleep. He left me in the desert. Alone. I couldn’t decide if I should go look for him, in case something happened, or if he wanted me to stay. He might’ve just left a second ago, and wouldn’t be gone long, so he didn’t bother to wake me. Either way, I was worried.
I sat cross-legged waiting for any signs of life to come by. After five minutes, I got uncomfortable, and nothing made a single sound. I was starting to panic. What if one of those things got him like they almost got me? Okay, I needed to calm down. I think I was starting to hyperventilate.
There. I heard a sound, way off in the distance. It sounded like a dying animal, literally. Was something out there purposely murdering innocent little birds and squirrels? If there were squirrels out here. I lied back down and curled up into a ball, trying to block out the screeches of the creature. I was pretty sure that it wasn’t Gerard making those noises, he didn’t really screech. I hope he doesn’t run into whatever is doing this… killing, though.
The noises stopped abruptly. I’m pretty sure there is a murderer out there. Maybe, if I go to sleep, they’ll think I’m dead, and… leave me be.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I woke up with Gerard right in the spot he was when I first fell asleep. I hoped he would wake up soon, because I had some things to ask him about his little… trip last night.
I wanted to get some time to myself just to think everything over, I didn’t want to sound angry, or yell at him. I didn’t know what he was doing; he might have been going to the washroom for all I know. I stood up, brushed off the sand still on my clothes, and decided to take a little walk of my own to clear my head.
“Where you goin’?” The voice rang out as soon as I walked past him.
I looked down at my older brother, who was squinting to see me through the sunlight. I sat down next to him, putting on a look of complete seriousness. “Where were you last night?”
He looked at me, confused, as he sat up so we could talk straight. “What do ya mean, Mikes? I was here the whole time.” He looked at me right in the eyes, and he was a complete liar.
“Really? Because I’m pretty sure that when I woke up, God knows when, you were missing from… where you are now.” I said, half awkwardly.
“Mikey, I didn’t leave last night. I don’t know what you’re talking about,” He continued. “Why are you coming on to me like this? It isn’t like you to just, assume things of me.”
I sighed. “It’s nothing. I guess I was just… seeing things, last night.” I lied back to him. I know that I was not dreaming, because if I was, it wouldn’t feel so real. He quickly shrugged it off, then rubbed his eyes and put a hand through his hair, only to shake off the powder after. “We should continue down the road, there’s got to be some resource for us. I know were close.” He stood up, and headed out towards the road. I sighed, and slowly got up. I know, we had to continue walking if we had any chance of survival, I just wasn’t looking forward to passing out from lack of nourishment.
I slowly reached Gerard, and he eyed me suspiciously. “Are you okay, Mikes? You seem kind of… out of it.” He asked me. I told him I felt fine. I wasn’t going to stop us from moving on today, that would be getting us nowhere. So again, I lied to him, only because he was keeping a huge secret from me.
He crossed his arms while looking at me, as I walked next to him on the road, using all my strength and will power to show that I was fine. It wasn’t fun.
That’s when I got a close look at his hands. I wouldn’t have noticed it if I didn’t get a close look, I would’ve just seen dirt. But I was getting used to seeing hints of red on Gerard. But that was in his hair, not on his hands. He had blood on his finger tips and under his nails. And that’s when the major thought hit me:
My brother was the mystery killer.
Sign up to rate and review this story