Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Carousel.

Prologue

by NurseHoneybee 0 reviews

Mikey Way. He is the little brother of Gerard Way, a prominent rockstar who appears frequently in tabloids, potraying a wayward, drug-induced alcoholic who barely can hold onto himself, let alone t...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] [X] [?] - Published: 2011-08-13 - Updated: 2011-08-13 - 428 words

0Unrated
This wasn’t fun. That was the only thought Mikey could manage as the cameras flashed around him, some brighter than others, clouding his already-sensitive vision. All he really felt was his heart racing and his agent’s comforting hand on his back. Ray Toro patted his back encouragingly when he turned, Mikey thought that he probably looking like a deer in the headlights. ‘’Give us some room, people.’’ Ray yelled over the shouts of the camera-wielders. He led Mikey into the VIP bar, sat him down in a booth and handed him a glass of whiskey, sitting opposite him with a small sigh. ‘’I don’t know why you put yourself through this, Mikey.’’ He spoke.

‘’I need to do this – otherwise I’m missing out on spotting the competition.’’ Mikey sniffed the whiskey curiously, his blonde slicked-back hair shone against the modern dark-blue circular lights that gave the bar a certain ambience.
‘’I could come here and check it out for you and make a report, no problem.’’ Ray shrugged, his springy brown hair bouncing around his head as he did.
‘’No, I have to do this. I have to be involved… hey, did Gee call today?’’ Mikey suddenly asked.
‘’No he didn’t. He isn’t going to call, Mikey, he’s too busy with the band – I’m sorry that I have to tell you that, but it’s true.’’ Ray sighed once again. Gerard Way was the punk rocker, the frontman who never stopped, singing with ferociousness and honesty – but he was also knee-deep in an alcohol and drug addiction. Mikey hadn’t seen him in a few months, it worried him to think that Gerard was gallivanting around the world, and he was still stuck in Ellington Ridge, their hometown.
Mikey had become an adult film star in order to stave off the loneliness of Gerard leaving all of the time. Mikey had always been good-looking, a likeable young man, but also painfully shy. It had taken a lot for him to just get in front of the camera, and now he was making a few hundred thousand dollars every year, he still didn’t know what to do with himself. Part of him longed for a normal life, but the other part of him didn’t want to give up the beautiful women and the fabulous parties, not to mention his generous paycheck.

Mikey downed the whiskey, it burned his throat, but he ignored it – the light-headed ghost that cavorted in his mind was a hint of the night to come.
Sign up to rate and review this story