Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Carousel.

Un.

by NurseHoneybee 0 reviews

We meet Ada.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-08-13 - Updated: 2011-08-13 - 766 words

0Unrated
‘’And then I told him no, simple as that, but he still wouldn’t leave me alone.’’ Ada Campbell frowned, tapping her fingers across the pale wooden surface of the library desk she was sitting at.
‘’Sounds like a pervert. Where’d all the nice guys go?’’ Marie, Ada’s best friend, spoke up once her friend had finished.
‘’That’s a generalization of the male species, Marie, plus, he was nice – apart from his insistence and threatening stance.’’ Ada shrugged, ‘’someone owes me a coffee, anyhow.’’ She stared pointedly at Marie.
‘’I don’t know how you drink that stuff – it’s foul.’’ Marie sighed.
‘’It’s great, now stop speaking out of term about my favorite recreational beverage.’’ Ada prodded her friend.
‘’Stop talking like Charles Dickens, and we’ve got a deal.’’ Marie chided ‘’ oh...shit, I forgot – guess who’s coming back to town to stay with his mommy?’’ she grinned like a excited child. Ada’s eyes narrowed slightly,
‘’Who?’’ one name popped up in her head, but she didn’t want to hear his name out loud. She hoped it was Bob Bryar, who had left to become a sound tech a few years ago.
‘’Mikey Way, y’know, lover boy.’’ Marie giggled,
‘’Marie…you know I don’t like to hear about what he’s doing now. It’s bad enough that the whole town assumes that he’s still dating me.’’ Ada shrugged, ‘’he’s a porn star, and I’m a librarian.’’.
‘’And his brother is a rock star who’s high on drugs most of the time. Go figure.’’ Marie laughed, and Ada suddenly didn’t want to speak with her at that moment.
‘’Marie, just, go, please.’’ Ada shoved the words from her lips angrily. Marie huffed,
‘’Gotta talk about him to someone, Ada.’’,
‘’Not if I don’t want to. Now go,’’ Ada sniped. Marie swung her skinny body out of the library’s revolving doors, out into the prying eyes of the nosiest town Ada had ever visited. The place she had grown up in, and unhappily returned to four years before after dropping out of university. Everything looked the same, funny how when she was younger she thought that being an adult would change her outlook on Ellington Ridge, but it didn’t. Same stores, same weather, same glowering stares and same rumors.

But Mikey Way was someone completely different; the Ways had always been different to everyone else in the godforsaken town. Mikey had been the thin, awkward boy who had followed his big brother, Gerard, around everywhere. They had sat in the library that Ada now worked at, thumbing through the whole section of comics (a shelf, but still, there were many comics packed into the small space). Ada had begun a steady friendship with Mikey, however, just as Gerard began drifting away for band practice, and adult parties that Mikey couldn’t attend.

They had dated for three years, the kind of romance that gave Ada nostalgic euphoria. Clasping Mikey’s hand had been her therapy, like their hours of lying on his bedroom floor, listening to Gerard’s records, staring at the ceiling and knowing that they weren’t alone. And then Ada would venture home, and be confronted by the over-protective nature of her mother and father. She still loved them, though, but they had moved to the South of France a year after she had left town. She was truly alone now, apart from Marie, a spoilt girl who had followed her and Mikey around throughout high school.

Ada decided to lock the library up early that day, her mind exhausting her memories. The dusty library was far behind as she caught the bus home in the searing heat of the afternoon, catching the breeze as it blew her mousey brown hair around her face, filling her lungs with the sweet scent of freshly mown lawns, flowers that lined the suburbs, and finally the gritty stench of the pavement as builders worked nearby her apartment building.
She un-locked her apartment door, and collapsed on her single bed, which was pushed right up against the cerulean wall, with a window spraying sun in a laser-cut sheath across the room. No pictures adorned the walls; a book shelf was stuffed with novels, with books also piling on top of her desk. She stared at the ceiling, wondering if the rumors were true, wondering if she would see Mikey again. ’’What would he think of you?’’ she asked herself.
He’ll think whatever you think. Her mind answered her.
Sign up to rate and review this story