Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Babe I'll Be Your Outcast

Crawling in the Dark

by SimplexMinded 0 reviews

Gerard went from whispering to yelling in one sentence.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-08-15 - Updated: 2011-08-15 - 1607 words - Complete

0Unrated
Frank got back to the bus and set a sleeping Riley on the couch. Gerard, Mikey, Ray and Bob were all waiting for them to arrive. Mikey was the first to rush over to Frank, worry very clear on his face.

“Frank…What the hell happened? Is she ok? Where was she?” He spoke fast and clear. Frank had never seen Mikey this worried about anyone except Gerard when he was missing.

“Long story short, She was in a bad part of town and got scared.” Frank didn’t want to tell them she had almost been raped and killed. If she wanted them to know, she would tell them. It wasn’t his place to do so.

Mikey looked from Frank over to Riley “She’s got cuts all over her arms, How did she get that?”

Mikey was being abnormally pushy and it was starting to annoy Frank “Look, Mikey, its not my place to tell you what went down ok? You will have to ask her that just…..promise me when you do, you’ll be…..sensitive about it.”

Bob and Ray were sitting back, silent. They knew when Frank got serious; it was time to let the subject go. Mikey on the other hand, was still pushing.

“Sensitive about what Frank?”

Frank glared at Mikey “Stop pushing this!”

Mikey still didn’t back down “Pushing? Your cell rings and you take off out the door with out saying a word to anybody. Your gone for an hour and when you come back, both you and her are covered in cuts! What the fuck are you hiding?”

Mikey screamed at Frank, waking Riley. She groaned, sitting up and looked around. She looked slightly panicked but calmed down when Frank wrapped his arms around her holding her close. Tears started to fall as what happened rushed back to her and the shock wore off, fear finally setting in. She buried her face in Frank’s chest, sobbing.

Everyone on the bus watched as she cried into Frank’s chest, clutching his jacket. They were beyond confused as to what was going on. Frank rubbed her back, whispering soft words trying to calm her down.

“Shhh its ok Rie. Its ok…I’m here…It’s over. I’m here. You’re safe now…”

Riley sniffed and slowly her breathing steadied until he was calm. She looked up at him with tears still in her eyes. “Thank you….”

Frank smiled “I was so worried”

He leaned down and captured her lips in a soft loving kiss before pulling away and looking over at the guys. They looked so lost and he could tell they didn’t know what to do.

Riley looked up at them and sighed “”Frank didn’t tell you…..”

Mikey spoke “No, he didn’t. He said it wasn’t his place…..”

Riley smiled at Frank then looked over at Mikey “In short. I was attacked by a group of drunk homeless men and if Frank hadn’t gotten there when he did……you would have been asking your questions to a body bag.”

The room fell silent and nobody knew what to say. Gerard lowered his head, knowing that had he not kissed her, she would had never walked away and Frank would have never had to go after her. He felt like shit. Gerard walked out of the room to curl up in his bunk, just wanting to be away from people. The guys noticed this and looked at each other in more confusion.

“Wonder what’s up with him” Ray asked to the air.

Riley looked at the ground, knowing exactly what he was upset about. She didn’t say anything but Mikey noticed her looking at the ground.

He looked at her then where Gerard had disappeared to “I’ll go talk to him. See if he’s ok”

Mikey left to go find Gerard, leaving Ray, Frank, Bob and Riley alone. Bob shifted in his seat. He wasn’t good with silences. Riley looked up and tried to smile “Yall don’t have to stay here. Its ok to go and do whatever it is you need to. Frank is here and I’m ok.”

Bob nodded, leaving the bus to go do whatever it is Bob does and Ray half smiled at her. He stood up and walked to the back to play with his guitar leaving Frank and Riley alone.

Frank smiled down at Riley. “Are you sure your ok?”

Riley nodded “Yes. I’m fine…thanks to you.”

She kissed him but pulled back when she saw blood on his shirt. “Frankie….your bleeding”

Frank looked down at his shoulder and frowned. “So I am…”

He stood up and took his shirt off, exposing his pale, tattooed chest. No matter how many times she saw them, Riley was still captivated by the ink. Before she could let herself start to stare, she focused on the wound on Frank’s shoulder. She sat up and leaned in, trying to get a better look at it.

“There is too much blood. I need to clean it before I can look at it.” She spoke in a soft voice, standing up to retrieve a wet rag and some cloth. Once she had what she needed, she told Frank to lie down on the couch, which he obeyed. She sat on top of him, her hips pressing against his.

Frank grinned “Is this how you treat all your patients?”

Riley tilted her head to the side, grinning back “no, just you”

He smiled as she leaned down and begun working on the wound. “Good, cause that would be considered cheating.”

Riley froze. Her hands started to shake and she almost told him but the voice inside her head said that it would be a bad idea. She regained her composure and prayed Frank didn’t catch her freeze up.

She smiled “Frankie, you know I love you”

Her hands worked quickly, cleaning the blood to expose a small puncture wound. She didn’t think he would need stitches because it wasn’t deep enough. She patched it up and then started to crawl off of him but he held her waist, not letting her go.

“Stay” he sounded like he was begging.

Riley nodded and laid down on Frank’s chest, listening to his heart beat, soon falling asleep.





Mikey sat on the edge of Gerard’s bunk trying to get him to talk. Gerard was laying on his back, with his headphones in his ears, pretending not to know Mikey was there. He knew if he started to talk to his brother, he would spill everything and he didn’t want to do that.

“Gerard, I know you know I’m here…..Look at me” Mikey pleaded, worried about his brother.

Gerard tried his best to ignore him but he looked up when Mikey touched his hand. His hazel eyes looking down at Gerard.

Gerard sighed “What Mikey?”

Mikey frowned “Gerard,….What’s wrong? You’ve been acting strange ever since you came back on the bus.”

Gerard sighed and rolled over so his back was to his brother “Nothing. I’m fine ok?”

Suddenly something inside Mikey clicked. Gerard had been the last person to talk to Riley before she left. Was Gerard blaming himself for her being hurt?

Mikey placed his hand on Gerard’s shoulder “Gee….Its not your fault”

Gerard rolled over to look at Mikey “Yes it is”

Mikey shook his head “No its not. Just because you were the last person to talk to Riley, doesn’t mean its your fault she got hurt.”

Gerard closed his eyes. Here it goes “But it is….she walked off because I upset her…..”

Mikey tilted his head in confusion “What do you mean Gee…..”

“I…I kissed her Mikes. I fucking kissed her….I kissed Frank’s girl. How fucked up is that?!?” Gerard went from whispering to yelling in one sentence.

Mikey’s jaw dropped. He hadn’t expected that at all. He knew Gerard liked Riley. He could see it when he looked at the way the acted around each other. He was always leaning closer than he should, hugging her and flirting with her. Mikey had always trusted his brother wouldn’t act on anything. Gerard had limits….the band had rules.

Mikey stood up, shaking his head and began to walk out of the room, hearing Gerard call him back.

“Mikey! Please…..please don’t tell Frankie….please..”

Mikey snapped “Why? So you can do it again! You fucked up Gerard. You fucked up big time.”


“Please Mikey…..the band…..”

Mikey knew if Frank found out it could break up the band. That scared the shit out of him too. He had dropped out of collage for this band. He had nothing else to go back to. His life would be over, left to nothing but fast food jobs and stories about how he was once famous. Gerard would lose it. Mikey knew it was this band that kept him out of the drugs, if the band was gone, he would go right back to them. He would loose his big brother.

Mikey closed his eyes “Fine. I won’t say anything but promise me….please Gee….you will stay away from Riley. Frank is finally happy. Don’t fuck it up.”

Gerard nodded “Promise.”

Mikey sighed “And Gee?”

“Yeah Mikey?”

“You have to tell him eventually. The longer you wait, the worse the reaction will be.”

With that Mikey walked out of the room, a frown upon his face.
Sign up to rate and review this story