Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Babe I'll Be Your Outcast

ThisIs How I Disappear

by SimplexMinded 4 reviews

Standing in a crowd full of people just like you, screaming your lungs out, escaping everything, even if its for just one night.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-08-15 - Updated: 2011-08-15 - 1043 words - Complete

0Unrated

1 Week Later

Gerard paced back and forth in the dressing room he was in. They had a show in 30 minutes and he was alone, waiting for the band to come back in the room. Brian had yet to talk to them about the mess with Riley’s mother so he could only assume 1 of 2 things.

1. Brian was too pissed to even talk to them

2. Riley’s mother had dropped of the face of the earth.

He figured the first idea was the more likely. He had also told himself that tonight, after the show, he was going to come clean to Frank about kissing Riley. What he didn’t know was, should he tell him she kissed back. He hated people that only told half the truth but he knew that the fact that he had kissed Riley to begin with would send Frank into a fit. If he knew she kissed back, it would send him over the edge.

The door opened, bringing him out of his thoughts. He had expected to see his band mates but instead it was Riley. She had avoided him since the kiss so he was surprised to see her walk in.

She kept her head low, her voice in almost a whisper “Can we talk?”

Gerard nodded, motioning to the couch in the corner. She sat down and he sat in the chair across from her.

“Look….What happened last week…I” She started to speak but the words wouldn’t come out. This was the first time Gerard had seen her stumble on her words.

He interrupted her, saving her from her uncoordinated slur of words “I fucked up Riley. I fucked up big time. I had no right to do that and I’m sorr…..”

Riley cut him off by pressing her lips to his, earning a surprised moan from him. She brought her hands up to the back of his head, pulling him closer to her. Gerard was too confused to know what to do but he didn’t want to think about it right now. He kissed back, shoving his tongue in her mouth, playing with hers. After a few moments, they both pulled away for air. Riley was now straddling Gerard’s waist, digging her hips into his. Her hands were at both sides of his face and she was smiling down at him.

“Frankie doesn’t need to know….” She whispered in a hushed voice.

Gerard nodded, clearly confused. “o…ok…” He didn’t know what else to say.

Riley got off of him and grabbed her jacket. “I told Brian I would meet him on side stage in a few…..and Gerard?”

He looked up at her “yeah?”

She smiled at him “Don’t tell Frankie”


And she was gone.


Gerard sat back, thinking about what had just happened. He had been so sure that she hated him for what he had done. Now she had just started it. His mind fell back to Alexis. He was in deeper shit now more than ever. Now that Riley was kissing him, it made it so much harder to tell Frankie and if he didn’t tell Frankie, Alexis would. He had to get the money for her but who was to say that she would back off? What would stop her from coming back, using the same black mail again. Nothing. Nothing would stop her and he knew it.

Gerard licked his lips and found his mouth tasted like alcohol. Was Riley drunk? She didn’t walk like she was but maybe she just held herself well. He had seen it before. Someone could be completely smashed, having no idea what they were doing but still walk a straight line. Her words weren’t slurred either but he had seen that too.

His fingers gripped his head to stop the headache that was forming. God he hated when he did that. He picked up at pen and begun to write down whatever came to mind.

When his hand stopped moving, he looked down and begun to read what he had just written.


Well I was there on the day
They sold the cause for the queen,
And when the lights all went out
We watched our lives on the screen.
I hate the ending myself,
But it started with an alright scene.

It was the roar of the crowd
That gave me heartache to sing.
It was a lie when they smiled
And said, "you won't feel a thing"
And as we ran from the cops
We laughed so hard it would sting


He smiled, not sure what it meant but he was proud of it. He read it a few times, trying to find a rhythm, maybe a tune. His thoughts were once again interrupted by the door opening. This time it was Frank. His hazel eyes shone with happiness

“Hey, man! We’re on in 3. Get your butt out here!” Frank laughed then left the room.

Gerard laughed at how much of a child he could be. He was suddenly back to his thoughts about Riley and Alexis. He shook his head, clearing everything out. He needed to be focused on the show, not his personal shit. Gerard forced himself up and out the door, taking his place next to Mikey as they stood, waiting for the que to go on.

The lights went down and everything Gerard knew went black as he walked on stage, covering himself with the screams of the fans. He wanted so badly to be them right now. Standing in a crowd full of people just like you, screaming your lungs out, escaping everything, even if its for just one night. He wanted to be in that place where he could disappear. A single thought crossed his mind before the words of his own song took over.

This is how I disappear.






I know its short and I'm sorry! This one focuses more on Gerard than anything else. I wanted to make a chapter that showed his thoughts and his fears and I thought the Riley thing was a fun twist. Please! Let me know who you want Riley to be with at the end.....Gerard or Frank! its up to my readers!
Sign up to rate and review this story