Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Ray Toro

A weird kid

by VanJA212 2 reviews

Ray meets Mikey

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-08-15 - Updated: 2011-08-16 - 720 words

0Unrated
I was working at a shop called "Family stuff" when I was about 21. I'm not even kidding, there was an old sign hanging over the entrance saying "Fa ily stuff" in faded letters. The "m" had fallen off a long time ago and someone must have stolen it because we never found it.

Creative name, huh?

And, as you can imagine, we didn't have lots of customers. People just didn't seem to be attracted by this old (I think it was build in the early 70s), rundown shop. And even if some people resolved upon entering our shop, most of them would get scared by my boss and hurry outside quickly. My boss was one of those small, fat guys who turn red all over when they get angry. And he got angry all of the time. For example, when he just scared another customer away because he’d screamed at his employees, he’d get even angrier and turn red like a tomato. I was surprised that he never had a heart attack or something.
Anyway, I was working there with two friends. Marc and Darren. Let’s put it like this, they were okay. I mean, they could be pretty cool but most of the time they were just ignorant, intolerant chavs. The only thing they ever talked about was hot chicks, parties and drugs. I hated being with them but I didn’t want them as my enemies either, so I just kept quiet most of the time and listened to the meaningless, stupid things they told me.


One day, it was another boring working day, I was waiting for my shift to be over and stared intently at my watch like that would make the time go faster. Suddenly I heard the doorbell, which signalled me when a customer entered the shop, ring and a man came into view. Actually, his slender, fragile-looking figure made me think he couldn’t be older than 15 at first but he was almost as tall as me and I was a pretty tall guy. His long, brown hair hung over his eyes in long strands. He wore glasses and pushed them up nervously as he approached me.

“I’ll take this” he said, holding up a six-pack of beer. His voice was hardly more than a soft whisper but he tried to make it sound strong. “And these.” He pointed at a package of cigarettes behind me on a cupboard.

He took a purse out of the back pockets of his pants and started fumbling with it nervously.

“Can you please show me your passport?” I asked because I just couldn’t believe that this boy was older then 18. If at all.

“I-I… No, I can’t” he said, slouching. “Bu- But I’m not buying any of this for me.”

He stared at the ground and shuffled his feet.

“I’m sorry, I can’t sell this to you, if you’re not at least 21.”

Now he looked up with tears in his eyes. He looked really pitifully. Like a beaten puppy. A beaten puppy that had lost his parents.

“Ple-Please” he whispered. His voice trembled. “If I don’t get him wha- what he wants he… Please…”

It broke my heart to see him like that. I hated to see people suffer and his angelic eyes told me that his life had been full of suffering. He startled when I started speaking again.

“Okay sir” I spoke loudly, in case my boss was listening. You never knew, right? “I see you’re already 22. Sorry, my mistake. Here:”

I handed him the cigarettes and beer. He blinked in confusion and surprise and blinked back the tears. Then he seemed to understand because his expression softened and he gave me the money. The weird kid took his purchases and turned around to leave. He suddenly paused, his hand already on the doorknob. He turned around and looked into my eyes deeply.

“Thank you” he whispered, thankfully and left.

I sighed, hoping I’d just done the right thing. That was when I looked down and saw that he’d forgotten his purse.


A/N: Hey guys, i know this chapter isn't really exciting or good but it will get better, i promise. Thank you for reading anyway, R&R please :)
Sign up to rate and review this story