Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Calling You

Eight

by KimmaLoveLaugh 3 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2011-08-16 - Updated: 2011-08-17 - 2863 words - Complete

2Original
Okay, before you read this, I want to say a huge thank you to you. This story is about to reach 1000 views and I'm seriously freaking out. Also, I was on tumblr the other day and I saw that somebody recommended this story to someone else. It made me so happy. So thank you to that reader! I don't know what your username is(Cause I'm an idiot and didn't save the page) but thank you! :D Xoxo Hope you like the chapter!

After doing three lines in just under an hour and a half, Gerard was feeling great. He had this new found energy that he wanted to fill his life with. He wanted to do so many different things. He had so much adrenaline rushing through his body and he didn't know what to do with it all. He had ideas running through his mind of what his next move should be. Jersey, Mikey, comics, New York, Frank....Frank. He wanted to see Frank. He wanted to be with the man that he loved. Frank!

Smiling broadly, he made his way quickly out of the basement and out of his house. He decided to forgo the car and walk the few miles to Frank's house. He didn't feel like he could sit and operate a car with the state that he was in, smart move on his part.

So he walked. He walked quickly and expertly through the long streets of Belleville. The summer heat was surrounding him as he walked, sweat collecting on his forehead and the small of his back, but he didn't care. All he cared about was getting to Frank as quickly as possible. He needed to see the smaller man. He needed to kiss those beautiful lips, stare into the mesmerizing eyes, and hold the small frame in his arms.

Gerard also needed to apologize, he remembered. In the haze of being forgotten and wanting drugs, he had said some fucked up things. Things that a sober Gerard would never think, a pilled out Gerard would blurt out, and a coked Gerard would have to fix. So now, as he walked through the dangerous streets without fear, he planned what he would say. Frank would forgive him. It was just what was going to happen. It had to. Frank and Gerard were meant to be together. No matter what happened now, Frank and Gerard would always be a couple. At least, that's what Gerard thought.

He thought, no matter what he did wrong, Frank would forgive him, because it had to be that way. In Gerard’s mind, the two of them breaking up was like... winning the lottery, that just didn't happen to everyday people. And he and Frank were everyday people.

By the time he reached Frank's house, Gerard had the whole speech mapped out in his mind. He knew it would be perfect. And if it wasn't, he had a small packet of white powder in his pocket that would fix everything. He walked up the steps to Frank's front door and knocked. He was thankful that Linda's car wasn't in the driveway. He didn't need an audience while he was groveling for his boyfriend's forgiveness.

When Frank opened the door, Gerard could see the sadness and anger in his eyes. He immediately frowned and took a step forward, pressing both hands on the door frame.

“Oh, Frankie,” Gerard whispered sadly. “Oh, baby, I’m so sorry.”

Frank wasn't affected by the change in Gerard mood that had occurred in the past few hours. He was still pissed and hurt. “What do you want, Gerard?”

“I came to apologize, Frankie. I’m sorry. I shouldn't have said that.”

Frank stared at Gerard. Why the sudden mood change in Gerard? It had only been a few hours since their 'fight'. Something didn't seem right, but he didn't know what.

“Have you been drinking, Gerard?” Frank asked the first thing that came to his mind while crossing his arms over his chest. It hurt him to even think this. He knew his boyfriend had been sober for a while now and he didn't think he'd ever go back. But there was definitely something off.

“What? No!” Gerard exclaimed and he was actually telling the truth. He hadn't touched a drop of alcohol since last night. “No, Frankie, I’m not drunk, I promise!” Gerard groaned with how badly this was already going. This was not the scene that was playing in his head on the walk over.

Frank just nodded and eyed Gerard suspiciously. He didn't know what to do, or what to say to him.

“Please, can I come in, baby? Or! You can come out? We can go somewhere.” Gerard spoke quickly.

Frank continued to watch Gerard. He couldn't quite figure out what was wrong with the older man. He wasn't slurring his words, so he might be telling the truth about the no drinking thing, but there was definitely something off about him. He had so much energy and it seemed like his mouth, along with his brain, was going a mile a minute. He didn't know what to do with him.

“What did you take, Gee?” Frank questioned, quietly. “Pills? Are you on pills again, Gee? Tell me. I'll help you.”

“No! No, Frankie, I’m not on pills,” Not now anyway, Gerard thought, “I promise.” Gerard groaned and stepped forward again, resting his hand lightly on Frank's crossed arms, “I'm fine, baby.”

Frank looked down at the hand on his arms and shook his head, “I think you should go home, Gerard.”

Gerard stood in shock, staring at Frank. “What? Why? I said I was sorry.” His voice was getting louder, frustration leaking from his words.

“I know you did, Gee, and I forgive you,” Frank sighed. “I just...I need some time to clear my head, okay? Just give me tonight?”

Gerard swallowed and took another step forward, resting both his hands on Frank's hips. A person with a sober mind would know that that was the wrong move. Frank was asking for space and Gerard just invaded that.

“Gerard, please, just leave, okay?” Frank pleaded, stepping back into the house again, his hand floating to the door. He started to push it shut as he saw the shock ripple through Gerard’s eyes.

“Frankie, come on. I need you!” Gerard yelled just before the door shut.

The only thing left for Gerard to do now was make use of the rest of his eight ball.

And that's what he did. Gerard made his way back to his house, snorting the precisely lined powder, and then left. He took the train and made his way into New York City and walked. He walked for fucking hours with no destination in mind.

He ended up taking the latest train home, which was 3:28 from Penn, after finishing the eight ball in the bathroom stall. He didn't even remember making his way back to Penn, but he was there. When he arrived at the train station in Jersey, he walked the whole rest of the way home. His calves were burning and his feet had blisters, but he didn't care. He couldn't sit still. Not even on the train.

Finally arriving home at exactly 5:06, the sun still not rising yet, he made his way inside silently. He didn't need his questioning mother finding out he was home. Once he was in his room though, he no longer felt the need to be quiet. He played music, loudly, thrashing around his room in search of something, anything, to do. That's when he settled on drawing. It was the only thing he thought he could do sitting down without going crazy.

He was right.

Gerard drew, without break, until 11:37 a.m., which was when he passed out at his desk, Asleep by The Smiths lulling him in the background. Now, normally this wouldn't be a problem. On any regular day, Gerard staying up all night drawing would be fine. But not today.

Gerard was supposed to be opening the cafe this morning. Linda, who was taking the next two days to visit her sister on Long Island, had left him in charge of opening the cafe, and Frank in charge of closing. Closing the cafe was a lot harder. You needed to clean every surface, pot, and plate, count the register at least twice, set up the kitchen for the next morning, and on Mondays, (which was today) check the food inventory for the week. So Frank offered to take on that responsibility, leaving Gerard with opening the cafe.

But Gerard couldn't do that passed out at his desk, now could he? Well technically, Gerard was awake when the cafe opened at five in morning. He was just coked out and zoned on drawing, forgetting that his phone made noise when someone wanted him.

Frank, who had been alerted by Benny, called Gerard at least four million times. First he was pissed, then he was worried, and when he hit the four million mark, he was petrified. Gerard had to be dead. There was no other way around it. But Frank couldn't make his way to Gerard’s house to make sure that he was okay. Frank had to drag himself to the cafe and open it with Benny. Frank had to beg and plead with the chef that he had known his whole life to not tell his mother about his boyfriends mishap that would definitely get him fired.

Frank also had to work a fifteen hour shift that day.

Okay, you're probably thinking that fifteen hours is completely unrealistic, right? Wrong.

Frank got to the cafe at seven, two hours later than it was supposed to open. Then he worked until twelve midnight finishing up the duties that needed to be taken care of. By the time he was driving home, he was close to falling asleep at the wheel, the only thing that kept him away was the worry about Gerard. He had all these scenarios running through his mind of the danger that Gerard could be in right now. Like, Gerard was hit by some SUV after he left Frank's house and now he was lying on the side of the road. Or, he went home, got into his car, and sped off, slamming into some huge monster truck on the Jersey Turnpike. Or, and this was Frank's biggest fear, he was so mad and upset and hurt by Frank that he went back to drinking and taking pills and he overdosed.

Frank knew that none of that happened when he saw Gerard sitting on the front steps of his house as he pulled into the driveway, though. When Frank's headlights shone brightly on Gerard, Frank could feel hot, angry, and relieved tears forming behind his eyelids. Slamming his car into park, he got out and made his way over to Gerard. Gerard stood up as Frank made his way over and was immediately engulfed in a hug.

Frank held Gerard so tight that his hands were turning white. He just needed to feel the older man in his arms. And as he held Gerard, the tears never shed from Frank's eyes.

“What the fuck, Gee?” Frank whispered after a few minutes of being in the embrace.

“I'm sorry about yesterday, Frankie. I really am. I don't want you to leave for school, but I know you have to, so I'll be here. I'll be here waiting for you to come back.” Gerard muttered into Frank's coffee smelling, slightly dirty hair. He had rehearsed that for hours in front of the mirror in his bathroom before coming to Frank's house. After Gerard had fallen asleep at almost twelve noon, he slept for a good part of the day. He only woke up when Mikey came tumbling into his room, shaking him for dinner at six o'clock.

Frank pulled back and furrowed his eyebrows, staring at Gerard, “Yesterday? What about today?”

“Today? I didn't do anything today,” Gerard retorted defensively. It was premature. Frank wasn't really accusing him of anything, but Gerard had forgotten all about the cafe, so he immediately thought that Frank was attacking him for something. He wasn't on anything. There was no coke in his system, no pills, no alcohol. He was totally one hundred percent, hungover, tired, cranky Gerard.

“Exactly, you didn't fucking do anything. Why weren't you at the cafe?” Frank asked, his anger building in his small body.

“What the hell are you talking about, Frank? I wasn't supposed to be at the cafe.”

“Yes you were!” Frank groaned running his fingers through his hair. He was tired and worn out and angry and he didn't want to deal with Gerard’s bullshit right now. “Don't you fucking remember? My mom was going to visit my aunt? You were in charge of opening the cafe and I was supposed to close it?” Frank reminded Gerard, waiting for the recognition in the older man's eyes. “You don't remember?” Frank asked after a few moments when nothing came to his boyfriend's eyes.

“No, Frank, I don't.” Gerard said shortly, crossing his arms over his chest.

“She fucking told you two weeks ago, I was standing right there!” Frank exclaimed loudly, letting his arms exaggerate his point.

Gerard thought for a minute. He tried to remember having a conversation with Linda and Frank. That really didn't help though, he had a lot of conversations with Linda and Frank. Then suddenly it hit him.

They were standing in the Iero kitchen and Linda had just gotten off the phone with Patricia, her sister, when she asked if he and Frank would take care of the cafe while she was gone. Gerard had just gotten out of the bathroom where he had taken some more pills. They were already working when he said yes.

“Oh, shit, Frankie. I’m sorry.” Gerard took a step forward placing a hand on Frank's arm. This scene felt way too familiar.

Frank just shook his head and stepped away from Gerard, “What's wrong with your phone?”

“Huh?” Gerard asked, but before he couldn't even finish making the sound of the last 'h' Frank was talking again.

“Your phone, you know, the thing that rings when people want to get in contact with you, what's wrong with it?”

“...Nothing?” Gerard said slowly.

“Well then why the fuck didn't you pick it up when I called you a thousand times?”

“I didn't hear it ringing, I was sleeping, I guess.” Frank just nodded and stared coldly at Gerard.

“What's going on with you lately, Gerard?” Frank questioned, continuing his stare.

“Nothing!” Gerard sighed running his hand through his hair. “I just...I dunno.”

Frank took a minute and watched Gerard. He could see the demons fighting behind Gerard’s dark rimmed eyes. He could see the stress and fear and sadness running through his boyfriend. And that's when his face softened.

“You know you can talk to me about anything, Gerard. I’m always here for you.” Frank said quietly, stepping toward Gerard.

Gerard just nodded and let his eyes set on the cracking concrete of Frank's driveway. The two men stood in silence for a moment or two. Gerard was trying to listen to the voice in his head that was telling him to tell Frank about the drugs. He was trying so hard to open his mouth and just say: 'Frankie, I relapsed and I really need your help.' But he couldn't. He couldn't because he was afraid that Frank was going to shun him. Turn him away and tell him to never look at him again. Tell him that he was a disgrace and that he couldn't be dating a useless drug addict.

So he stayed silent.

“Gerard, I’m here if you need me.” Frank said again in a whisper. He took another step toward Gerard and now the toes of their shoes were touching.

“Your mom isn't going to be home tonight, right?” Gerard asked after another minute of silence, the only noise was the crickets chirping in the summer air.

“She won't be home until late tomorrow.” Frank announced, running his hand up and down Gerard’s arm gently.

“Can I stay here tonight?” Gerard asked softly.

“Of course, Gee. Whatever you need.”

Gerard just nodded and made his way toward the front door.

Soon both men were in Frank's small bed, curled around each other, listening the the roar of the air conditioner and the soft breaths of the men that they loved.

Tonight, Gerard would not do any coke. He would not take any pills and he would not drink any alcohol.

Tonight, Gerard had the best drug of all.

Frank.


I'm a fucking sap.

Okay, so school is starting up again on the 29th so I don't know how much I'll be able to write after that. So I know updates are slow now, but I'm sorry they might get slower. :( I'm also getting a new roommate, so that'll be a huge adjustment to make, too. So stick with me. I love you guys! xoxo.
Sign up to rate and review this story