Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Go Ahead and Burn it Down.

Run, Baby, Run

by XxLiveyourlifExX 1 review

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2011-08-17 - Updated: 2011-08-18 - 1157 words - Complete

0Unrated
A/N: I know, I know, author's note before the chapter. different. whatever. soooo I forgot to explain the tour a little bit. Nintendo Fusion Tour was real lol, I knew this in my head which is probs why I forgot to mention it. It featured Fall Out Boy (obvi), The Starting Line, Motion City Soundtrack, and Boys Night Out. Ok. Done. Go read some.

Run, Baby, Run

On the field, the teams shook hands. Chris even gave Pete a kiss before they went to their positions. Green was up to kick first. Justin from Motion City Soundtrack walked to the plate (or the chalk drawn box, whatever.). Chris started her team in motion.

“Big bad Justin!” She shouted. The others on the team echoed her. She continued to shout. “Rip it up the middle!” Another echo. “Boogie ‘round the bases!” Again, echo. “Slide in their faces!” Chris was bouncing up and down with enthusiasm. “ALL THE WAY HOME!”

The other team was staring at them. Brendon yelled, “Are you gonna keep looking at my fine ass or are you gonna play the game!”

As each player came up to kick, they had their own cheer. The cheers were doing a great job distracting the other team. Green had scored two runs and only had one out with the bases loaded when Chris went up to kick.

Brendon started her cheer. “Chris is her name!” The others joined in on the second line. “And kickball is her game! She’s got a homerun on her mind! And Whoo! She’s looking fine.”

Chris blew a kiss to her team and then to Andy who was pitching. It was a good roll and Chris pulled back and gave the ball a good solid kick. It soared into the outfield and Chris started to run. She had to made it second before they had fielded the ball in. The next kicker up got Chris to third after some pretty tricky dodging of Pete who was playing shortstop. Brendon was up next and despite his very…creative cheer, Brendon struck out. Chris scored when Ryan sent one high and right.

Innings passed, and the other team wasn’t bad either. Ninth inning rolled around and they were tied. Chris managed to kick a homerun. When she got back to home, her whole team was standing their, cheering for her as she rounded third. The last ten feet of her run, Chris slowed to a walk and paraded herself to home, strutting. The boys on her team were calling her name and pretending to take pictures. Chris jumped on homeplate and posed for the ‘cameras.’ Green scored two more runs bringing their score up to eleven.

It was Chris’ turned to pitch. She managed to strike Ryan out, but Jesse managed to take second base. She heckled in between pitches. Patrick too took a base but someone managed to tag Jesse out. Then it was Pete’s turn to kick.

“Hey starshine,” he called out as he came up to the plate. “Don’t go easy on me just because you love me.”

“Oh sweetheart. I will definitely not be going easy on you!” She shouted back. She rolled the ball. Strike. “See?”

Pete stuck his tongue out at her. She returned the gesture and pitched again. Pete kicked the ball and it went sailing. High and up the center. He stood and watched for a second as the ball went further than the mark they had all agreed upon to be the ‘fence.’

“Home run?” He asked.

Chris looked to Brendon, who was their team captain, who looked to Jesse who was red team’s captain. They both shrugged and nodded. Brendon then declared, “Home run.”

Pete began to stroll the bases. Patrick waited for Pete to catch up, then they linked arms and skipped around the remaining bases. They shouted rude things to the green team as they crossed homeplate.

“Come on, Green! Head in the game!” Chris called, bouncing the ball getting ready to pitch again. She rolled the ball. Strike. Again, she let loose. Strike. Chris giggled to herself as the people around her yelled either for another strike or for her to fuck up and let the player get a kick. She hollered, sarcastically, “Hush all of you. Kick ball is SERIOUS!”

This was met with silence from her own team, but also with renewed vengeance from the red team. Chris just shook her head and smiled before rolling the ball.

“SUCK ON THAT, RED!” Brendon shouted, leading the charge of Chris’ teammates toward her on the pitcher’s mound.

After several minutes of celebrating, Chris organized her victorious team into a line to shake hands with the other team. When she reached Patrick, Pete, and Andy, Chris and Joe did their best to be graceful. They were somewhat successful. They would have been more successful if their counterparts hadn’t made it so easy for Chris and Joe to poke fun at them.

Then Mark showed up. He was in charge of the tour. He came to collect the guys from Boys Night Out for their sound check.

Once they left, Chris and the boys started wandering back to the bus. “Seriously, Trick. You need to take my clothes off.”

“I don’t think Pete would like that,” he responded.

“Oh. Ha. Fucking. Ha,” Chris replied.

“I thought that article was untrue,” Joe said, ruffling her hair. “Or are you actually dating all of us and I missed it somehow.”

“You guys are so fucking funny,” Chris said. “You know what I meant.”

“Of course they did, starshine,” Pete said, slinging an arm around her waist. “Doesn’t mean that it’s any less fun to make fun of you.”

“Just because I beat you at kickball does not mean that you can be mean to me Peter,” Chris said, haughtily, pulling away.

“You think that’s mean?” Pete said. He began to chase her. Chris gave a little shriek and started to run. As they ran out of sight, the other boys shook their heads and kept walking toward their bus. It wasn’t long before Pete returned with Chris over his shoulder. “Look what I found.”

“Ewwww,” Andy said, walking past and tweaking Chris’ nose. “Get that out of here.”

Chris slapped his hands away. “Now that we have all had our fun, can you please put me down?” Pete obliged. “Thank you. Now, Trick, please go change out of my clothes?”

“Fine,” Patrick said sulkily and he left.

A/N take 2: So I hope you liked it =) I had fun writing this. I used to play softball, and we used to do those cheers. Ahhhhh nostalgia. ALSO! The other day I got to stand in the rain for 4 hours and drink and see Manchester Orchestra, My Chemical Romance, and Blink182. It was awesome. That's all. Thought I'd share. K. Go review, please?
Sign up to rate and review this story