Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Almost

(1) Can I Have Your Number?

by XxPerfectTomorrowxX 0 reviews

Brendon Urie tries his charm but unfortunately Kacy is in to his music, not his come-on's.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2011-08-20 - Updated: 2011-08-20 - 962 words - Complete

5Funny
Jobs.


We all have to get them eventually. I've had mine for awhile now, I work at the movie theater. It's pretty cool actually, I have made friends here and that makes being here less boring and more tolerable. I got this job when my Mom moved us to Las Vegas. We moved here last year. I actually like having a job, it gets me out of the house and away from the suffering infection that is my Mom.


Of course there is that occasional guy that tries stupid pick up lines and then I get to turn him down in the not so nicest way possible. But one guy in particular stayed in my mind. Because he had a girlfriend and he was still enough of a jerk to think I'd give him my number. So here it goes....




"Hey." The voice said. I looked up to see a customer in front of me.


"What can I get you?" I asked.


The boy was sort of cute. I guess. I don't know. He wasn't downright ugly I guess.


I remembered him from somewhere though, I just couldn't quite place it. Plus I was tired so my mind wasn't working at it's fullest.


"Large moutain dew and your number." He said with a cocky grin.


I started pouring his drink. I decided to just ignore the number comment. Once I was done I set it down in front of him along with a straw, he was staring at me intently. "That's 3.75" I said with a fake smile as I held my hand out.


Instead he surprised me, he grabbed my hand and took out a permanent marker (Who carries those around??) Then he started writing something on my hand. "Since you won't give me yours then I will give you mine." He said with that grin.


Then he gave me the money but before he could walk away, my friend, lisa who I worked with ran forward. "BRENDON URIE OH MY GOD!!! CAN I HAVE YOUR AUTOGRAPH??" I swear she screamed that all out. I covered my ears a little and Brendon smirked at me.


That damn smirk.


I studied my hand while Brendon gave her an autograph. His name and number was written on my hand. Lisa turned to me with a grin on her face after Brendon walked back to his movie and the girl I saw him walk in with. Did he really think I would want him after he walks in with some girl on his arm, I saw them kiss and hold hands...I wasn't blind. And I didn't go for the cheaters. Actually I wasn't in to dating at all right now. I just wanted to graduate and go to college and make myself something. As long as I didn't turn out like my mother, chasing guys all the time and getting the wrong ones.


"How could you not freak out?" Lisa asked with her grin. Lisa was beautiful, I seriously felt ugly next to her. She had perfect long blonde hair with straight flawless teeth and perfect skin. I had just gotten my braces off a few months ago but I still wasn't as perfect as Lisa in any way.


"Why would I?" I asked, a little confused. I was seriously missing something. Yelling of his name, the autograph giving. The freaked out Lisa. Maybe I really was just slow.


"That was Brendon Urie! The lead singer of Panic!At the disco." She said. I rolled my eyes. No wonder I recognized him, I was a big fan of theirs. But seriously, who cares? He is just a guy in a band that I happen to like. Doesn't mean I am going to call him.


"Lisa I'm not going to freak out because of one guy." I said, rolling my eyes again. I didn't realize Brendon was standing there, eavesdropping. Well not intentionally. He came back to get some popcorn for his date, Cindy, when he realized they were talking about him.


"Oh come on Kacy. He is not just one guy. He is Brendon Urie." Lisa stated, annoying me.


"Seriously...I can't believe this. Really Lisa, he is just like everyone else. He has a great voice, I'll give him that. But from what I've seen his personality sucks." That one hurt Brendon.


Lisa gave Kacy a confused look. "What do you mean?' She asked.


I leaned against the counter. "He asked for my number." I stated.


Her eyes widened. "You gave it to him, right?" She asked.


"Look that's what annoyed me. He asked for my number when he is here with another girl. How cool is that? Not at all. Plus tons of guys come in and ask for my number. In my eyes he is no different from them. I'm not giving out my number to a stranger just because he happens to be a 'star'." I used air quotes.


I didn't mention the 'him giving me his number' thing because she would ask for it and then probably give it away and even that jerk didn't deserve that.


Then of course the jerk himself stepped out and started walking over towards me. Again.


He looked a little bummed. Maybe he tripped on his way here.

"Yeah?" I asked, not hiding my annoyance with him at all.


He looked down. "Nevermind." He said, walking away while looking at his shoes.


I felt a nudge from Lisa elbowing me and she was nodding her head in his direction.


I felt slightly bad for being a bitch to him.


And I almost walked over and stopped him.


I almost told him I was sorry.


I almost saved what could have been a great relation/friendship.


But you know what?


Almost doesn't count..
Sign up to rate and review this story