Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Almost

(2) Don't Hold Your Breath

by XxPerfectTomorrowxX 0 reviews

Persistence isn't all it takes to get a date.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2011-08-20 - Updated: 2011-08-20 - 576 words - Complete

2Funny
Guys.


Some just don't know how to give up. I didn't call Brendon, I didn't count on ever calling him anyway. Why would I? All I need is a rock star breaking my heart. That'd do wonders for my 'perfect' life. Sarcastically speaking of course.


But here was Brendon. Standing in front of me. With three guys behind him. This time I recognized them all. Ryan, Jon, and Spencer. The other boys in the band. I was surprised there weren't people all over them. But then again right now it's slow because most of the movies are playing and people are inside watching their movie. But no, not this boy.


Lisa was standing behind me, gawking. We were the only ones working.


"What can I get you?" I asked Brendon and the boys.


Ryan went to speak but then Brendon spoke. "I like you." He blurted out.


I rolled my eyes. "Brendon you do not like me. You like the way I look, you don't even know me."I emphasized my words for effect.


Ryan laughed. "Man she has a point. But seriously, he will not stop talking about you and it's driving us crazy. Will you just go out with him already?" He asked.


I glared at Ryan and he shrank back a little intimidated by my glare and the intensity of it. "Look you may all be famous but I don't fucking care. I'm not going to date you because I don't like you!" I said and then I started walking around the counter, making my way out.


"See you tomorrow Lisa!" I called and she waved still looking slightly dazed.


I heard Jon chuckle then say. "I like her already."


By the time I reached the door I heard Brendon call. "Wait! Kacy please wait!"


I didn't wait.


I didn't need this right now. Not ever.


All guys do is screw up your life. Throwing a rock star in to the mess just complicates things even more. Dating isn't something I did. I learned from my mom that you can't trust people and giving someone your heart can be the biggest mistake of your life.


I just wanted to make it through the day it one piece.


I didn't need anyone.


No, the only person I need was me.


I made it to my car when someone grabbed my arm. Startled I turned around. Only to see Brendon. "Don't you take a hint?" I asked bitterly.


"Why won't you give me a chance?" He asked, desperation in his voice. Why did he want this so badly?


"Why should I?" I asked.


"Why don't you like me?" He asked.


"Don't you have a girlfriend?" I asked, aware of his hand still holding my arm.


"I broke up with her." Brendon said.


"Oh." Was all I could say.


Seriously, this conversation was dead before it started.


"Umm...Brendon." I stared at him. "Could you let go?" I asked as nicely as possible.


He looked at his hand. "Oh sorry." He said as he let go and scratched the back of his head. It's not that he had a tight grip, it was gentle. It's just...it was sort of weird having someone gripping your arm while talking to you..


"I'll get you to go out with me eventually." Brendon said with that cocky grin on his face once again.


"Don't hold your breath." I said as I walked away from him and to my car.
Sign up to rate and review this story