Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > If I Let You Love Me, Be The One Adored

Chapter Four

by i-stole-the-cookies 2 reviews

Hey! Rate and Review! Thanks!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Horror,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2011-08-21 - Updated: 2011-08-21 - 1670 words

1Original
Gerard paced the empty room for about ten minutes. Why would she do that? Why did she do that? She cared so much about Donna and his happiness that she lied and made herself homeless? She completely separated them now, they were so close to a kiss, one that would have been so amazing and she ruined it. Ruined any chance of them being together.

No. He had a chance to change things. To tell the truth. And there was no time like the present.

Gerard stormed up to his mother's bedroom door. He knocked quickly and then entered. Donna was folding some clothes, with tears in her eyes.

"Mom?" Gerard said softly. "Olivia lied." Donna stared at her son, blood draining from her face. "The drugs and the alcohol were mine, but she got rid of them. I hid them behind the wardrobe years ago, back when I couldn't handle anything. I hoped that no one would ever find them, but Olivia did."

"Why did she lie?" Donna asked.

"I guess she just didn't want you to get hurt by me." Gerard replied. "But I had to tell you the truth because I....I really care about her and what happens to her and I know you do too."

"I do." Donna replied. "Did you take any?"

"No, I swear." Gerard replied. "I was going to, but she stopped me from taking anything."

"But the two of you were just going to get rid of them and never tell me about them?" Donna asked.

"I think that was the plan," Gerard said. "But it was only because we didn't want to upset you."

"Well, I'm more upset now!" Donna half yelled. "You, Gerard Way will go out and find her and bring her back here!" Donna ordered, pointing her finger at him. "And when she comes back, I don't want to hear anymore about any drugs or alcohol. You will be a gentleman and take her out on a date!"

"I don't think I'm ready for that..." Gerard protested but then Donna glared at him. "Alright! I'll make reservations!" He scurried out of the room and down the stairs. He took his out his car keys and got in the car. He knew there were still boxes to unload but he didn't think about them right now. He drove around, searching for her but he couldn't find her. Finally he parked his car and got out to look on foot.

**

Olivia was perched on a bar stool. She had two drinks in front of her. A shot glass filled with vodka and another filled with tequila. She didn't know which one she had, had more of and she didn't know which one she wanted now. The bar was almost completely empty apart from herself and another man who was drinking nothing but beers. He was about as drunk as Olivia was. She studied him carefully, trying to figure out where she had seen this man. It was harder to tell because of the dim light in the bar and her drunkeness but she knew he had tattooed skin and a lip ring, his hair was dark and he had the beginnings of a beard.

"Frank Iero!" She finally called. The man looked up at her.

"So what if I am?" He called back drunkenly. "You want a fuckin' autograph?"

"No no no!" She exclaimed. She picked up her vodka shot and jumped off the stool. She stumbled across to Frank and sat next to him. "I'm Olivia, I've been living with Gerard Way and his mom!"

"Oh!" Frank exclaimed. "Mikey told me about you! What are you doing here with that bag?" He asked her.

"Donna kicked me out." Olivia replied. "Gerard had hidden drugs and vodka behind the wardrobe in my room years ago, 'cause it used to be his room but I found them and then he found out that I found them and then I took them and poured them down the toilet, but then Donna came home and saw the empty bottles." She took a breath and knocked back the vodka. "I covered for Gerard and then she told me to leave." She rested her elbow on the bar and began crying again. "I'm homeless."

"Why did you cover for him?" Frank asked. He indicated to the bar man that they needed more drinks. Frank put his hand on her shoulder as she cried.

"Because I really, really care for him." Olivia replied. "We almost kissed today but then Donna came home. Stupid Donna." She knocked back the new vodka but then she regretted it as her stomach began to churn. "I don't think I should have anymore vodka, can I get some water please?" She asked the barman but then Frank took control.

"You can have some water at my apartment," Frank told her. "And you can stay with me for a few days until you get sorted out." He took her by the wrist and then dragged her to get her bag. He slung it over his shoulder and then dragged Olivia out of the bar. He started going towards his own car but then remembered he was just as drunk so he took her up the road. Just as they turned the corner, they saw Gerard across the street.

"Hey! Its Gerard!" Olivia yelled. "Hey Gerard!! I found Frank Iero!" She sang Frank's surname. Gerard turned around and saw the pair. He ran across the street to them. When he was right in front of them Olivia said. "Hey Gerard....I'm a little drunk but its okay 'cause Frank is looking after me...and I really really wanna let you know that you're really cool and sexy and...and...I'm gonna throw up." Frank let go of her wrist and she ducked to the side. Frank was so glad he had a strong stomach. Gerard was thinking the same thing as Frank.

"How could you let her get so drunk?" Gerard asked Frank.

"Me? How is this my fault? I just met her like 15 minutes ago!" Frank replied. Once Olivia was finished throwing up, she stood up right and wiped her mouth with the back of her hand.

"Anyway!" She exclaimed. "You're so cool and sexy and I was really really really bummed when you didn't kiss me earlier, but its okay 'cause we can just kiss some other time."

"Maybe after we get you cleaned up." Gerard said. He took her hand and led her through the street. "Can we take her to yours, Frank?"

"Sure, sure. As long as she doesn't throw up on anything!" Frank said. Olivia started to close her eyes.

"I'm really sleepy." She mumbled. She stumbled forward and fell into Gerard's chest. Gerard, lifted her limp arm and put it around his neck, bending slightly to be level with her. He scooped her up in his arms and carried her the rest of the way to Frank's apartment.

Frank let them into the building and followed them upstairs, still carrying her bag. Frank let them into the apartment, this time leading the way to pick up any bits of clothing or garbage that he had left lying around. Gerard put Olivia on the couch and then Frank put a bucket on the floor nearby in case she needed to throw up again. Frank left the bag by the door and then went into the kitchen to get some water for himself.

"Thanks Frank" Gerard said. He leaned against the counter and buried his face in his hands. "I had no idea she would be drunk."

"Yeah, well what are friends for?" Frank asked. Gerard smiled. "What the fuck happened today, man?" His words were slightly slurred.

"Years ago, I stashed drugs and alcohol in my old room...." Frank cut him off.

"Yeah, yeah she told me that and I believe her but why did you let her cover for you?" Frank asked.

"After she left, I told mom the truth." Gerard explained. "Mom sent me to find her and I didn't think to look in any bars."

"Well, she was there longer than me." Frank replied. "When I got there she was already there, she was pretty cut up. I saw her crying a few times."

"And then what?" Gerard asked. "Did you go over to her?"

"No, she came to me." Frank replied. "I thought she was a drunk fan but then she said she was living with you and your mom."

"And you believed her?"

"Mikey told me."

"Oh" Gerard folded his arms.

"Gerard, tell me one other thing," Frank whispered. "Are you on the drugs again?" Gerard shook his head but he didn't look at Frank. "Gerard?" Frank said firmly.

"No, I'm not." Gerard replied. "I'm not, I was going to but she stopped me."

"Look, man" Frank began, more softly than before. "Audrey was a lovely girl but it didn't work out. Thats life, we move on. Don't go doing stupid things because of some stupid chick."

"I don't care about Audrey anymore." Gerard replied. "I care about Olivia. And its so crazy, because I've only known her for about a week and she's just great. She's so lovable." Gerard smiled. Frank smiled back.

"Awesome...well I'm gonna go to bed." Frank said, sounding quite drunk. "Hey, I love you man!" Frank exclaimed. He wrapped his arms around Gerard and hugged him.

"Love you too, dude." Gerard replied as he patted Frank's head. Frank headed for the door, he gave Gerard a mock salute before retiring to his bedroom. He didn't bother undressing, he just climbed onto his bed and fell asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow. Gerard stood in the kitchen for a long moment before going back into the sitting room. Olivia was passed out on the couch so Gerard sat down in the arm chair. He watched her sleep for a minute before closing his eyes and trying his best to sleep in sitting up right.
Sign up to rate and review this story