Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Back to the Place

An Alternate Ending (for warsweater)

by TayBayBay 7 reviews

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2011-08-21 - Updated: 2011-08-21 - 1162 words

1Ambiance
Ryan refused to sleep. Sarah had tried, but eventually gave in after 10 hours. She laid herself out on the couch at the back of the room and passed out.
Specer and Jon had stayed with them for a few hours, but went back to Jon’s place to get some shut eye.
And Ryan just continued to stare. He sat at Brendon’s bedside, his head leaning on his elbows, his hand lightly tracing the veins on Brendon’s hand. He barely touched him, afraid he might break.
His head shot up, as he heard the door open. The doctor walked inside with a file in her hand. Ryan put a finger up to his lips, and gestured towards Sarah. The doctor nodded.
“Maybe we should come into the hall?” She whispered. Ryan swallowed hard, but agreed, standing from his seat and following her into the hall. The doctor closed the door lightly, and turned to face Ryan.
“I have Brendon’s results.”
“And?”
“He is not leaking any spinal fluid.” She smiled lightly. Ryan let out a long breath.
“Really?”
“Really. But he is still very injured. He may not regain consciousness for a few days.” The doctor explained. Ryan smiled and couldn’t control himself. He reached forward and wrapped his arms around the doctor and squeezed. The doctor laughed and patted Ryan’s back.
“When we release him, you have to make him take it easy, understand?”
Ryan let go of the doctor, and nodded. New tears were painting his face, as his heart danced around in his chest. The doctor put a hand on his arm, and squeezed, before turning and walking down the hall.
Ryan walked into the room quietly, and shut the door.
“Ryan?” Sarah sat up. Ryan smiled at her.
“I just talked to the doctor.”
Sarah stared at him, waiting for him to continue. He just smiled wider.
“He’s going to be okay?” Sarah asked, excitedly. Ryan nodded. Sarah jumped from her couch and almost tackled Ryan to the ground. Ryan hugged her back tightly, feeling her tears soak into his shirt.
“Oh my god.” Sarah said, still hugging him.
Ryan pulled away from her and smiled, “I know.”
Her expression grew serious, “Ryan, I’ll be straight up with you. I was so pissed when Brendon told me... about you two. Actually, I was totally destroyed,” Ryan bit his lip, “But... if you love him as much as you act like you do. I guess I can... come to terms with it.” Sarah nodded.
“I love him more than I act like I do.” Ryan smiled a little.
“Good... part of me still hates you for being an adultress.” Sarah squinted at him.
“An Adultress?” Ryan laughed, “Do I look like an adultress to you?”
“Yes.” Sarah tried not to smile. Ryan shook his head.
“I’m sorry it had to happen the way it did, Sarah.”
“Yeah, me too.” Sarah grabbed his hand and squeezed it. “But I’m glad it was you, and not some no name bitch from god knows where.”
Ryan laughed, “Brendon wouldn’t do that.”

Jon and Spencer came back to the hospital and were told the good news. They celebrated by taking each other out for a drink. Sarah went with them for the sake of her own sanity. Hospitals drove her nuts. Ryan couldn’t blame her, but he wouldn’t leave for the sake of it. He wouldn’t risk missing Brendon wake up for anything.


Three days had passed, and Ryan sat next to Brendon’s bedside the entire time. He tried not to sleep, but sometimes his will would give in and he would drift off.
He was caught up in a weird dream. He and Brendon were sitting in a field, and it was almost sunset. Ryan was playing guitar, strumming some tune he didn’t recognize. Brendon stared up at the sky with a smile on his face. And that was the dream. No one moved, no one spoke. They just sat there in each others presence.
Ryan’s eyes fluttered open. He looked up at Brendon, and caught his breath.
“Hey you.” Brendon whispered. Ryan grabbed Brendon’s hand.
“You’re awake.” Ryan smiled uncontrollably.
“Yeah, I am.” Brendon smiled back. Ryan squeezed his hand, but then dropped it.
“I’m sorry, I’m not supposed to touch you.”
“What? Why?”
“You’re fragile.”
“Fuck that,” Brendon almost laughed, “touch me all you want.”
Ryan smiled, stood from his chair, and leaned over Brendon. He traced his fingers down the side of his face, before putting his hand on the back of his neck and leaning down to kiss him. Brendon kissed back, which took alot of effort. He was extremely weak. Ryan kissed him again, and then kissed his forehead.
“Why the fuck were you driving like that?” Ryan scolded gently. Brendon shrugged,
“I just wanted to see you.” The response broke Ryan’s heart, and he leaned down and kissed Brendon one more time.
“Well I’m here now.” He whispered into the space between their lips. Brendon kissed him again.
“Good.”





“Be careful!” Ryan instructed, as Jon and Spencer helped Brendon through the door of his apartment.
“Okay, mom.” Jon teased. Spencer and Brendon both laughed. They lead him to the couch and helped him sit down. Ryan set the bag of meds he got from the doctor down on his counter.
“Take it easy, man.” Jon advised, before turning towards the door. Spencer looked down at Brendon.
“You’ll be back onstage in no time.” Spencer smiled. Brendon nodded.
“You’ve got it.”
“You coming, Spence?” Jon asked, waiting for him by the front door.
“Yeah. I’ll talk to you later.” Spence hugged Brendon lightly, and then followed Jon out the front door.
Ryan sat down on the couch, holding two green pills in one hand, and a glass of water in the other. He handed the pills to Brendon, who popped them into his mouth. He took a swig of water, and handed the glass back to Ryan. Ryan set it down on the coffee table.
“How’re you feeling?”
“Like I got into a car accident.” Brendon shrugged, wishing the aching all down his back would stop.
Ryan ran his hand down Brendon’s arm. “I’m sorry, hun.”
Brendon lifted Ryan’s chin, and kissed him tenderly. “But I’m feeling happy more than anything.”
Ryan kissed him, a little harder this time, putting his hands on either side of Brendon’s face.
“I love you.” Ryan whispered.
“I love you too.”
Ryan stood from the couch, and grabbed a blanket from the other side of the room. He sat back down and laid it over the two of them. Brendon leaned into Ryan, letting him play with his hair.
He was happy here. And he would never move, wrapped up in the arms of the person that he loved.
Sign up to rate and review this story