Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I Fell In Love At The Drive-Thru

One black rose surrounded by red roses.

by ZombiexCupcake 2 reviews

FRIKEY. last chapter.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-08-21 - Updated: 2011-08-21 - 461 words

0Unrated
Mikey’s P.O.V.
We drove up to North Jersey for the funeral this morning.
Needless to say, the trip was extremely quiet. I stared out the car window, trying to imagine what it would be like to see my precious Frankie, preserved, forever young and beautiful.
And that he was.
Dressed in a jet black suit with a matching black shirt open at the collar, he truly looked angelic. His pale, almost translucent skin in sharp contrast to the dark blue satin lining of his final resting place.
I knelt at the coffin until someone pulled me away.
I knew it was the last time I would ever see Frankie's beautiful face and it was killing me inside.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The cemetery was already filled with mourners when we arrived, parking some distance away from the gravesite.
I stood toward the back of the crowd, which consisted mostly of kids our age. School friends, most likely. Ray, Bob, and Gee were with me. Gee’s arm around me trying to calm me down.
The priest talked, but I didn't hear what he said. I held a single black rose in my hands and waited for my turn to say my final goodbyes.
That time finally came, and as I stepped up to the flower covered casket, I placed my rose with the others and leaned in to press my lips where Frankie's would have been.
Afterward, Mrs. Iero handed me Frankie's laptop.
"You need to have this..." she leaned in to kiss my cheek. "He really loved you, Mikey."
I hugged Frankie's parents and prepared for the three hour ride home. We started walking to Ray’s van.
“You okay Mikes?” Gee asked. I sniffled.
“Yeah. I just miss him.” I said. Gee kissed the top of my head and hugged me. He was the best brother ever.
“We are here if you need to talk or something.” He said.
“I never even got to apologize to him about bitching to him about making it to-go.” Ray said. “Think he would forgive me?”
“Yeah. He was amazing.” I said
I smiled a little thinking about the boy I had grown to love. Frank Anthony Iero.
As we crossed the bridge on to the island, I saw that the sky had turned an incredible shade of orange and red.
The sun was shining through the clouds, casting its reflection into the bay.
I pictured Frankie and I on the deserted beach, holding hands and staring at the horizon, enjoying the colors that nature was honoring us with from that glorious sunset.
Every sunset that I see, for the rest of my life, will remind me of the most incredible week of my life.
The week I spent with my perfect, beautiful love.
Sign up to rate and review this story