Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Obsession

Obsession

by IsisBane 2 reviews

Sometimes, we turn turn to the wrong people while we're in pain. But we're usually too blind to notice...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Horror - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [V] [R] [?] - Published: 2011-08-03 - Updated: 2011-08-03 - 1229 words

0Unrated
Goshhh... okay, this probably sounded really lame from the summary. But I didn't want to give anything away if I do end up going into this. I pretty much wanna know if I should continue this after the first chapter, or just delete it. It was an idea I had, and I'm not sure if I like it or not...


Saturday, September 17th, 2011. That was the day Wynne's life shattered into pieces.

When someone dies, you can be in a world of denial for as long as you want. But the funeral wakes you up, even if it's just for a few hours. Wynne could drift back in time and act like nothing was wrong. Until she saw him in a casket. She would get a sick feeling every time she walked through the room, or even glanced in the doorway. It made her want to throw up, even though she hadn't eaten in days. Wynne was still in denial, and this wasn't helping.

Yes, that's all it was. She didn't want reality to wake her from her dream. In her mind, it wasn't him that was killed. She didn't find out about his death on a local news station, where the rest of the city could see what happened as well. She wouldn't give in to the pain that swelled within her. Because there was no reason to be hurt.

But that's not how it was in the real world. It really was him that was killed. Wynne did find out about it on a local news station, and everyone else who was watching knew as well. And she really had given in to the pain when she broke down in the middle of his parent's living room. Because, in truth, there was a reason to be hurt.

Michael James Way was gone from Wynne's life, and it wouldn't be the same for any of his family or friends without him. There had always been three of them: Frank Iero, Mikey and Winnie. Always. Of course, 'always' doesn't mean forever. But it felt like it.

Wynne had always wondered if Frank would leave the picture one day, maybe because he outgrew Mikey and Wynne. But it would still just be the two of them. She thought they'd never separate when he told her he loved her. That was three years ago. She could only wish it had been longer.

His caramel colored eyes felt like a figment of Wynne's own imagination rather than something that had been so real to her only days ago. She wished she could reach out and touch him without the cold blanket of death between their bodies. Heaven just made it seem like he was so far away.

Wynne did, in fact, believe in Heaven and Hell. But Mikey didn't belong in a place like Hell. He was too pure. So why did he have to die? It could have been anyone but him.

"Winnie?"

Wynne glanced over her shoulder and saw Frank standing behind her, looking pale. His big hazel eyes that usually had a playful spark in them showed almost no signs of life. Maybe he was dreaming too, like she was. Still, she didn't want to talk.

Frank shifted and took a step closer. "Why don't you come outside with me for a few minutes? You need to relax a bit and get out of this room."

Wynne's lip quivered a bit and she held back her pain again. What was he thinking? She couldn't leave Mikey! And Frank should know that. He needed to stay with Mikey as much as she did. Shaking her head, Wynne silently declined him.

Frank sighed and put his hand on her shoulder. “You can't stay in this room forever. What are you going to do when they..." Frank trailed off, obviously not wanting to hear it either.

"Don't talk like that. I'm staying with Mikey", Wynne said coolly, trying to ignore Frank. He wasn't like her, apparently. And she only wanted to talk to someone who could dream along with her.

Frank stepped in front of her and grabbed her arms with a slight force; just enough to snap the girl back to reality for a few seconds. "You have to stop this. Mikey is gone, and he's not coming back."

Wynne stared at him. Why was he saying these things to me? We both knew it, so why confirm it?

“Frank, please. I don't want to talk about this.”

He sighed and released his grip on her arms. “I'm sorry”, he said, defeat evident in his voice. “I just...” Frank bit his lip and thought for a moment. “Why don’t you just come with me for five minutes, okay? The fresh air might help clear your head.”

“I only have to be gone for five minutes? You won’t keep me out there, right?”

Frank shook his head. “Winnie, I promise. I wouldn’t do that to you.” He held out his arm and Wynne took it, and Frank escorted her out the doors of the church like the gentleman he usually wasn’t. “I know you want to be in there with Mikey, but don’t you think you’ve stared at that coffin long enough?” he asked cautiously.

Wynne turned her gaze to the pavement. “I’m waiting for him to open his eyes…” she said quietly, her voice starting to break. Hot tears that she couldn’t seem to hold back started pouring down her face, washing away any trace of the small amount of makeup that she had barely felt like putting on a few hours ago. Frank stopped walking and turned to her, concerned. “Wynne?”

Wynne drew in a shaky breath. “Do you think he can see us, Frank?”

Frank nodded and took her hands in his. “Of course he can. And he's happy, Winnie. There are no tears in heaven.” Frank smiled sadly, still trying to convince himself of the things he was saying to the broken girl who stood before him.

Wynne bit her lip and held back emotion. “But doesn't that mean he can't possibly miss me?” she asked timidly, not wanting to hear the answer she was sure would come.

Frank was taken aback slightly. “Well, that doesn't mean he doesn't miss you. He doesn't have to be hurting to wish you were there with him.” Frank nodded slightly, confirming his words to himself. Wynne had never lost someone close to her, and she needed exact answers in order for her to feel less burdened. But not even Frank knew what to say to her, even though they were so close. He felt helpless knowing there was nothing he could really do to make things easier on her, though he knew no one could really make things easier considering her situation and the circumstances. Mikey had just suddenly torn away from them, and Wynne felt abandoned. And she was sure that somehow he was still alive.

Frank gently squeezed her hand, smiling gently. “Let's go back inside, Winnie. There's someone I think you should meet.” Frank stared at Wynne for a moment, but her only reaction was a look of confusion in her gray eyes. “You'll love him, I promise”, Frank said, trying to convince himself yet again...


'Tis short, I know... but let me know if you think I should continue :)
Sign up to rate and review this story