Categories > Original > Horror > Black, Rich, Blood.

Black, Rich, Blood.

by DarkBloodlust 3 reviews

Sometimes vampire love isn't so innocent.

Category: Horror - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover - Published: 2011-08-18 - Updated: 2011-08-18 - 1325 words

0Unrated
He held me tightly. “Here we go,” he laughed, showing the fangs I’d come to love. His feet left the ground, and we were soaring through the night sky.
I would have screamed in delight if I could’ve breathed. We were going so fast—it was better than any roller coaster. The shadows of the night seemed to part around us, and I could see every star in the sky. It was the most amazing thing.
All too soon he was setting my feet back on the ground. “Can you breathe?”
I giggled. “Yes.”
“Are you sure you wanna do this?”
“Yes,” I smiled, stepping closer.
“Are you sure you want to leave behind everything in your mortal life and become like me?”
“I’m so completely sure,” I promised.
He smirked. “I don’t think you are.”
“I am!” I said, playfully pouting. “Please?”
He took my face in his hands, leaning forward to kiss me slowly, softly. His fangs brushed my lips, and a shiver of ecstasy passed through me. “No,” he murmured against my lips. “You’re not ready,” he said, breaking the kiss.
“How do you know?” I frowned.
“I know these things,” he said, the edge of his lips tilting upward.
“So you won’t do it?”
“Never said that,” he said, one of his arms sliding around my waist, the other twining into my hair, pulling my head to the side, exposing my neck. “I do love fresh blood,” he whispered, his lips touching my skin, chills falling down my spine like rain. It was like a small pin prick, yet something about it made me lose control of my muscles. I fell limp in his arms, but that didn’t cause him to let go. Something in me yelled to fight back, but most of me was wishing he’d never let me go. It was odd. I thought the prey ran from the predator at all chances, but that wasn’t what was happening right now.
When he straightened, gently laying me down against the soft grass beneath me, wiping the blood from his mouth, I curled up there, close to sleep. He smiled, picking me up like I was weightless, and carrying me to his car. “I don’t feel any different,” I muttered as he set me down in the passenger seat.
“You will when you wake,” he promised. “Rest now.”
No need to tell me twice. My eyes slipped closed, and I was out like a light.

I was alone and in the dark when I woke. I shot up so fast I fell off the couch I was on and hit the floor with a thud. I was terrified he’d left me, in fact I knew for sure he had. Of course. The one time I trust a guy, of course he deserts me. This was the worst decision I ever made. Now I was a…a…
That was when he knocked on the door before opening it. “Jasmine!”
I gasped with joy as I looked up to see light from the doorway spilling into the room, pulling myself to my feet. “Benjamin! I was so sure you’d left,” I breathed, running to him, wrapping my arms around him, burying my face in his neck.
He laughed softly, stroking my hair gently. “Why on earth would I do that?”
“Because…I’m too young?”
He laughed softly. “I’m over three hundred years old. Anyone is too young for me.”
“I’m just so glad you’re here!” I giggled, pulling him closer.
He tilted my face up to meet his eyes. “I’ll be here until the day you don’t need me anymore.” He leaned down, kissing me. “Now. We need to go. I’ll imagine you’re getting rather…thirsty.”
“So it’s finished then? I’m a…”
“It’s okay. You can say it. Vampire isn’t a dirty word.”
“Okay. So I’m a vampire?”
He smiled. “Indeed.”
“So now we’re gonna go kill some people?”
“Precisely.”
He took my hand and led me out of the room and up stone steps, grabbing his candle on the way out.

“Get down lower,” he murmured in my ear, his closeness making it rather difficult to focus. “See the blonde guy there?”
I nodded slowly, hardly trusting myself to breathe. The young guy sat across the street, sipping a coffee while surfing the web. He was actually very hot. Nothing, of course, compared to Ben. But not bad to watch at all. “Okay,” Ben said softly. “So you’re gonna need to get up when he does, and meet him halfway. Say whatever you need to, look at him in whatever way you can, do whatever you have to to get him to go with you to an alley somewhere. The rest will be handled by your instincts, I promise.”
“Okay.” My voice was softer than his. I was so scared the guy would notice the rustling bushes across the street and get suspicious. But he and everyone else in the shop seemed completely oblivious, even though there was no wind that night. Then he was up, throwing away his cup, packing up his laptop, and calling a farewell to someone. I climbed to my feet, brushed myself off, and started down the sidewalk just as he left. As he left, our eyes meant, and I smiled my most inviting smile, starting across the street towards him.
“What’s your name?” he asked in a deep voice.
I smirked, digging my hands into my pockets, almost embarrassed at his interest. “You tell me.”
“Cedric,” he breathed, watching as I flipped my head to get my hair out of my face.
I looked him straight in the eyes and smiled as perfectly as I could. “Call me Jaz. What are you doing tonight, Cedric?”
“Nothing now,” he said quickly.
“Then let’s find a place private to, uh, get to know each other,” I said, flashing another smile. I had no idea what I was doing, and had I still been human, I would have been mortified at myself. But I wasn’t really thinking about it. I just watched how the blue vein in his neck bulged whenever he swallowed.
“Okay,” he said unquestioningly. This guy was either really stupid, or really lonely. I slipped my arm through his, and we started down the street towards an alley I set my targets on. I led him through it, finding a place lacking in trash cans and hobos, then shoved him against the wall. He looked surprised. “What are you—“
I kissed him then. Full on the mouth. He barely saw it coming. His arms automatically went around me as I slowly brought my hands up to his shoulders. A very dark, very deep, very beautiful desire rushed through me, and I broke the kiss off, my lips wandering down his neck, until I found what I was looking for. A blue vein, throbbing with his accelerated heart rate. I kissed his warm skin before opening my mouth wider and letting my teeth gently slip into the gentle groove of his neck, his warm, delicious blood splashing into my mouth. It slipped down my throat, burning all the way down, but completely pleasant. I pulled him closer as his head lolled back, unconscious. His heart beat like a train, pumping more and more blood into my mouth, but none of it was enough. He was fading fast by the time I was nearly finished.
I felt his heart stop as I let go of him, felt his death, closing my eyes as the gravity of what I’d just done sunk in. He was dead. I killed him. Me.
“Excellent!” Ben said, approaching me. Then he noticed the tears streaming down my face. “Hey, what’s—“
“I need a moment,” I said, and took off running.
Sign up to rate and review this story