Categories > Original > Horror > Black, Rich, Blood.

Chapter 2

by DarkBloodlust 2 reviews

"I felt like I was staring into a void, the world swirling around me as I looked down at the city below me."

Category: Horror - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2011-08-21 - Updated: 2011-08-22 - 487 words

0Unrated
I stood alone on a hill, my back arched against the frigid wind. I felt like I was starting into a void, the world swirling around me as I looked down at the city below me.
I felt a wretched kind of satisfaction, like eating so much chocolate before dinner you’re not hungry anymore. I felt totally and completely horrible, but there was an odd excitement about it. I killed that boy. But the remorse I felt was gone, leaving behind a very dark kind of lust and hunger.

“Are you all right?” Ben shot to his feet when I entered the old plantation house we now called home.
“I’m okay,” I smiled as he pulled me close, burying his face in my neck.
“Don’t scare me like that,” he murmured against my skin.
I laughed softly. “I’m okay. I just had to calm myself down. I’m okay.” He met my eyes, and my calm dissolved and I swear I heard my heart in my ears. He kissed me, his lips moving slowly against mine, backing me into a wall, a soft, delicious kind of desire taking over me as I tangled my fingers into his hair.
“Shhh,” he whispered, barely breaking the kiss before starting a new one. “You’re not okay. You’re perfect.” He stepped back, pulling me with him, lying down on the couch, draping me across his chest…and the rest of him too. He kissed me again, softly, sweetly, pulling me down to a place of passion, darkness, and a web ensnaring me, a willing victim, for Ben, the perfect predator.

Ben rolled over in his sleep, barely shaking me out of rest. I watched him for a while, his chest rising and falling with each breath. He lay next to me, every part of him peaceful and calm. I wanted to touch him, but if I woke him he might get mad.
Something vibrated on the bedside table. I rolled over and grabbed my phone without looking to see who it was. “Hello?”
“Jasmine! You’re alive!”
Uh…not quite… “Mom, I…”
“Where are you?” she gasped as a thought occurred to her. “Are you…with him?”
My mom never approved of Ben. She thought he was a bad influence on me and was just using me. Psh, whatever.
A warm, familiar hand plucked the phone out of my grasp. “Ma’am,” Ben said in a silky, beautiful voice, “your daughter is perfectly fine. She’s at a friend’s house. Everything’s okay.” Then he flipped the phone shut.
“How did you…? What did you….? Where did you…?”
“Mind tricks,” he said, putting a finger to my lips. “I’ll teach you sometime. Now let’s get cleaned up. We’ve got a hot date tonight.”
“Where?” I asked, climbing out of bed.
He smiled. “I’m going to teach you how to fight.”
Sign up to rate and review this story