Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Your kiss was the perfect drug, it gave me the perfect high

Chapter 3

by darcylynn91 0 reviews

learning a bit about the main OC

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2011-08-22 - Updated: 2011-08-22 - 1116 words

0Unrated
In the morning we got ready and went to the lobby where the boys would pick us up. I have to admit I was nervous just to see Brendon again. I don’t know why. It’s not like we would ever meet them again after today. We’d be back on our way to the east coast by tomorrow night.
When they all walked in, the first thing I noticed was Brendon. The first thing on Brendon I notice is an old style red clandestine bartskull necklace hanging out over his black hoodie & shirt. This is strange because usually the first thing I’d notice would have been his lips. I’m only human.

“So where are we going?” Julie asked.

“It’s a surprise!” Ian said happily.

Brendon leaned over towards me and whispered “It’s actually just mine and Spence’s favorite place to eat breakfast in Vegas.”

When we get there I stop and stare in disbelief. “Of all the places to eat in Las Vegas and you pick the Waffle House.” I say in awe “It’s perfect.”

“Snap out of it loser. I’m hungry and don’t want to keep you out in public any longer than I have to.” She says pulling me along.

A college-aged waitress with medium brown wavy hair took us to a table. As she took our drink order it was pretty obvious she knew who the boys were. She didn’t seem to like Julie and myself very much, but that didn’t stop her from flirting with the boys.

Once she was gone I asked Brendon which were the best waffles to get.

“They make a great triple chocolate, and I like to get the vegan special. Anything with fruit is good here too.” he answered.

“One chocolate is plenty for her.” Julie said.

“I have a low sugar tolerance,” I explained “I just get really hyper easily.”

“And what do you do in New York when you get really hyper?” Brendon asked me.

“Well there was the 2010 wal-mart Olympics. The roll down a hill in a giant bucket thing. That time we tried to wrestle Julie’s dog and lost.” I state “It just depends what kind of day it is.”

“Good times. Good times.” Julie said.

“Are you guys in college then?” Spencer asks.

“No, we took a year off last year to work and raise some money and this year we’re going to go traveling and do some things we want to do before we decide if and where we want to go to college.” I answered easily. I had said that same thing many times. It took a lot of convincing to get my parents to let me take two years off.

“Well, what will you be going to college for?” he asked just as the waitress was coming back with our drinks.

“Me? Probably something art related. That’s the only thing that makes sense anymore.” I answered.

“Business.” Julie said “I just need to work out where I’m going to go.”

Our order was taken and the waitress continued to flirt. She was not happy when she didn’t get the attention she thought she would.

“What kind of art?” Ian asked when she had gone.

“Yeah, you should show us!” Brendon said excitedly.

“It’s nothing really,” I tell them, staring at my coffee 
“I’m not even that good.”

“She’s modest as hell.” Julie said. “She’s always working on something though. I bet there’s something she’s working on back at the hotel.”

“Julie!” I groaned.

Our food came and we all talked as we ate. We asked them about what touring was like and crazy things fans did. We talked about the things we liked most about New York and what it was like growing up there.

“But where I’d really love to live is Los Angeles” I said.

“That’s where I’m living when we’re not on the road. It’s pretty cool.” said Brendon. “You guys should come out sometime. I’ll show you all the cool stuff the tourists don’t know about.”

I smiled shyly as he took a drink of his coffee. I swear every time I look in his eyes I lose my train of thought. I can’t believe I’m getting like this over someone I’ll never see again.

“Excuse me, I’m going to get some fresh air for a minute.” I said, standing up.

I walked outside, leaned against the wall, and did something I haven’t done in five months. Lit a cigarette. It took me a couple minutes just to relax. I wasn’t used to letting my emotions get the best of me. I haven’t let myself feel anything for anyone since my junior year of high school when I dated Jakson.

~flashback~

“I’m sorry Ray, I just can’t do this anymore.” he said.

“Jakson, don’t do this. Please! I need you.”

We had just found out I might be pregnant last week. He said we would get through it, but now he was standing in front of me breaking my heart.

“You know I don’t want to be in one place forever. I’m not ready to be tied down yet.”

“I want to travel too! You know that! What you mean is you don’t want to be tied down with me!” I screamed at him

He moved in to try and comfort me, but he was still leaving and I was not going to stick around and hear more of his excuses. I pushed him away and promised myself I’d never let myself get hurt like that again.

~end flashback~

“Are you okay?”

I jumped and spun around to see who had scared me. Staring back at me was Brendon.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Just needed some air.” I told him.

“You smoke?” he asked, looking down at the cigarette in my hand.

“Oh. Yeah. Do you want one?” I asked him.

“Sure. You know I really would love to see what kind of art you do.” he told me.

I sighed, unsure. “I don’t think that would be a good idea.” I said. He kept looking at me. “I do a little bit of everything, except painting. I’m not a very good painter.”

He kept staring.

“Most of the better ones are mixed media.”

He just kept staring.

“Fine.”

“Awesome!” he said looking at me with a giant smile on his face.

And that… that almost made it worth the heartache I was sure to feel when I left.
Sign up to rate and review this story