Categories > Celebrities > Green Day > I don't want to lose your love tonight

I don't want to lose your love tonight

by darcylynn91 0 reviews

This is my new Billie Joe Armstrong story. Though he doesn't come in till later. And I'm still writing the Brendon Urie story. I'll update it soon. Hopefully I can keep up with both of the stories....

Category: Green Day - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2011-08-22 - Updated: 2011-08-22 - 807 words

0Unrated
I’ve had a wild ride. I never thought my life would end up like this, but I guess that’s the beauty of it even if this isn’t such a beautiful situation.

It all started when my good friend Alexandra got in trouble with the law. She was just seventeen and I was eighteen. I met her after I graduated high school and went traveling. I started from New York and made my way south. My plan was to eventually end up in California and live there. When I got into South Carolina I stopped for a night. The most I could afford was a small family-owned hotel. I walked in and there she was behind the counter in a yellow t-shirt with Stanley Motel printed across it. She looked at me strangely, like I was alien. I guess they didn’t get many people from too far out of town.

Strangely, but sweetly.

“How can I help you?” she asked in a southern honey-dipped drawl. At the time I wouldn’t have been surprised if her name was honey if her nametag hadn’t shown otherwise. Even her hair was a soft color of honey blonde.

“I just need a room for one night.” I told her.

“Room 18.” She said handing me a key card.
“It’ll be ninety dollars. You can pay when you check out.” She said smiling.

A tall man walked out of the back room behind her as I was about to turn away.

“Alex!” he yelled.

She jumped slightly and turned around to face him.

“Yes daddy?”

He started yelling about files so I left to find my room.

I didn’t have far to go. It was pretty close to the main office. I grabbed my bag from the car, locked it up for the night, and went to my room. It was a small generic motel room. Horribly patterned bed spread and all.

I tried to sleep. All the traveling had messed up my sleep pattern a bit so it usually took a few hours. This particular night it was even harder. Soon I started to hear very loud shouting coming from somewhere to my left. It was muffled by the walls enough that I couldn’t make out any exact words, but it was loud enough to notice. I wondered if anyone else could hear this commotion. I tried to ignore it and go to sleep. It was none of my business. I heard a scream and a woman crying. Now I had to do something. This was all too familiar. I couldn’t bear it anymore. I got up, put some clothes on, and went to talk to the managers about it. I heard a few more shouts on my way over, but it had become quiet before I even reached the office.

I walk in and look around what appears to be an empty office.

“Hello?” I called

I hear a little gasp. The sweet girl who checked me in stood up from behind the counter. Her makeup had run down her face and I noticed a red mark on her cheek. It suddenly became clear just who had been yelling and what happened. I walked over to the counter slowly.

“Are- Are you okay?” I asked her, although it was clear she was not.

“Yes ma’am.” She replied shakily.

“Who did this? Was it that man?” I felt compelled to help her. I knew how scared she must be. It was a feeling I knew all too well.

She just looked down and mumbled that she was fine again.

I walked behind the counter slowly and took her hands. At first she didn’t want me back there. She was afraid of getting in more trouble. I offered her a tissue and helped clean up her make-up. Soon we were sitting on the floor behind the counter talking. She told me it was her father who had been screaming and that he had hit her. Not for the first time either. She told me that the reason he was angry this time was that he had found out she was pregnant. When I asked about the father she just told me that he had left her and that was all there was to it. I had to get her out. Keep her safe somehow.

“Come with me.” I said, “Leave in the morning with me and I’ll help you.”

“No. No, I can’t. He –he would…”

“He won’t know where you are. Do you want out?” I asked.

She stared at me and nodded. That settled it. I would do whatever I had to so she would be safe. I couldn’t let her go through the same thing I did. From that moment on we were best friends.
Sign up to rate and review this story