Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Mad World

Epilogue

by theescapist99 7 reviews

One last memory to be told.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2011-08-23 - Updated: 2011-08-23 - 726 words - Complete

0Unrated
Epilogue

"C'mon Gerard, we're going to be late! Ryan and Mikey got there ages ago!" Frank nagged at his husband, who was still stuff a few things in their picnic bag.

"Alright, alright, I'm comin..." Gerard mumbled as he tried to fit in one last bag of Lay's kettle cooked chips. He got the other bags and head off towards an impatient Frank.

"You got the Twinkies?" Frank asked.

"Of course." Gerard confirmed.

"Sweet." Frank grinned. Gerard chuckled at his husband's eagerness for the pastry, and they set off together.

Left in their vacant bedroom was the momento box. It had been collecting dust since Gerard's counseling ended. At the very bottom of the box were two VIP passes for a concert. They held a memory that had been left untold.

~

It was the weekend after Gerard's graduation. Donna had given them tickets to a Green Day concert as a surprise graduation gift, which included a meet and greet after the show. Frank and Gerard had been excited beyond words.

Yet as they waited in line, moments away from meeting one of their favorite bands, Gerard found himself extremely nervous. So nervous, he sort of just wanted to go home. He had not been able to prepare much to say, as the gift was given as a surprise, and he had not been given any time.

Fortunately, the agonizing wait was short lived. Soon enough, Gerard found himself walking in to a bright room. And low and behold, the members of Green Day sat around on a couch, eagerly greeting their fans.

It was not long before he found himself face to face with Billie Joe Armstrong. Sweaty, yet still looking like the god he was, he smiled at Gerard warmly. Gerard found himself unable to even say so much as a "Hello.", being in awe of his presence.

"Hi." Billie started off for him, "What's your name?"

Shit. Suddenly, Gerard had forgotten everything. Including that. After a moment's thought, he did manage to remember it.

"G -- Gerard." he stuttered nervously. He blushed through his embarrassment. How could he have ever done some huge speech, when he could barely manage to say his own name?

"Hello, Gerard." Billie shook his hand. "Got something for me to sign?"

"Wha -- what? Oh yeah!" Gerard came to his senses, bringing out the poster he had brought. Billie took it and signed it for him.

As he wrote, Billie looked at Gerard again. He studied him closely, and Gerard tried to keep his cool, despite his rising nervousness.

Finally, Billie said, "Have we met before? You look awfully familiar."

Gerard did not know how to answer that. He almost wanted to say yes, just to keep the interaction going, even though he would certainly know if he had met Billie Joe Armstrong before. Instead he just stood there silently, his eyes wide.

Billie laughed.

"Perhaps in another life.", he said.

He handed Gerard his poster. Gerard took it graciously, and Billie moved on to his other fans. Gerard stared at him for a while, star struck, until he felt a gentle tap on his shoulder. Frank was next to him, smiling.

"You ready to go home?" he asked.

"Yeah." Gerard nodded.

He took Frank's hand, and they walked away together.


~

END.


"All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces

Bright and early for their daily races
Going nowhere, going nowhere

And their tears are filling up their glasses
No expression, no expression

Hide my head I want to drown my sorrow
No tomorrow, no tomorrow

And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying
Are the best I've ever had

I find it hard to tell you
'Cos I find it hard to take

When people run in circles
It's a very, very

Mad World..."


A/N: Thanks for sticking by the story, for those who did. Thanks to all who reviewed. I don't know when my next story will be, but it will only be when I actually have an idea thats thought through. This week is finals week, but I'll have a two week break after, so I'll have lots of time to think about it then --- or finish any loose ends that need to be finished.

Hope you enjoyed.

-Myren
Sign up to rate and review this story