Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > If I Let You Love Me, Be The One Adored

Chapter Six

by i-stole-the-cookies 3 reviews

Here you go my lovelies!!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Horror,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2011-08-25 - Updated: 2011-08-25 - 2158 words

1Exciting
A few days after her encounter with Frank, Olivia sat up late with a box of pictures sitting next to her. She had a few of the photos, spread out across the coffee table, trying to spot Frank in any of her photos, trying to figure out what was so familiar about him. Gerard yawned as he entered the room and spotted her in deep concentration.

"Olivia?" He whispered. "What are you doing?"

"Hm?" Olivia asked, looking up at him. "Oh, I'm just trying to find someone."

"Your dad?" Gerard asked. Olivia shook her head. "Who? Maybe I can help." Gerard sat down next to her, extremely close to her. Since they got back, Donna often found them sitting quite close to each other, holding hands occasionally. If they were watching a horror movie, Olivia would cuddle into Gerard's chest and he would whisper sweetly to her, to assure her that the bad stuff had gone away. They hadn't kissed yet and for that, they were both glad. They weren't quite ready for a relationship with each other but they were close to one.

"I know its crazy, but I swear, I know Frank Iero from somewhere." Olivia explained.

"Well, he is in a famous rock band." Gerard said with false boasting tone. Olivia chuckled.

"Yeah, but I've never listened to your band before, I was never really interested in that kind of music," Olivia explained. "So why would I know anything about the members?"

"Good point." Gerard replied, frowning slightly. "So where do you think you know him from?"

"I don't know, he's just awful familiar! And he thinks the same about me." Olivia replied. "He asked me that morning we were in his apartment and I'm sure we've never met before!" Olivia made a frustrated sound. "Its pissing me off because its all I can think about."

"Don't think about it right now, lets just get you up to bed and tomorrow I can take you to City Hall and we'll look through some archives." Gerard stood up and took her hand. "You said your father lives here," Olivia nodded as she stood. "Maybe he's a relative."

"Maybe." Olivia pondered the idea as Gerard led her upstairs. They stopped outside her bedroom door and Gerard let her hand drop. He dipped his head and kissed her cheek softly. He lingered for a moment, taking in her scent.

"I'll see you in the morning." He whispered.

"Good night." Olivia whispered as he disappeared into his own room. Olivia went inside her own room and got dressed for bed. She lay in her bed and listened to the rain falling on the sidewalk outside. Lightning burst through the sky and thunder clapped around the air. Olivia turned over and faced away from the window but she couldn't block out the sounds. She got out of bed, wrapping the duvet around her body to keep warm. She walked over to the window and opened the curtains. She looked around and saw a flash of lightning. She looked away to sheild her eyes but when she turned back she saw a man standing across the street. He was just standing there, looking at her. He took off his hat and waved at her.

Panicked, Olivia, ran downstairs and made sure the door was bolted shut. She checked all the windows downstairs and then went upstairs again. She looked out of the window again and made sure it was locked. She saw him again and saw his smile. She wanted to vomit. How could he be here? He was supposed to be serving a life sentence. She left the room and snuck into Donna's room. The window was locked so no one could disturb Donna. Olivia then went into Gerard's room. He wasn't asleep, but he was trying. He knew someone was in the room, but he thought it was maybe his mother, making sure he was warm enough, remembering that she did that when she couldn't sleep. When he heard the window lock click he opened his eyes and saw Olivia. She was breathing heavily as if she had been running.

"What are you doing?" Gerard asked her with a croaky voice.

"There's a man outside, staring at the house. I'm making sure your window is locked." Olivia explained. She sounded insane to herself but to Gerard, she just sounded genuinely worried. He got out of his bed, he wasn't wearing anything except his boxers and he suddenly felt exposed. Gerard looked out of the window and saw the man.

"Who is he?" Gerard asked. "Is he waving you over?" Olivia nodded and then she moved in front of him to close the curtains. The man smiled to himself and walked away from the area.

"He is a very sick, sick monster." Olivia replied. Her bottom lip was trembling. Gerard took her arms and sat her down on the bed. "He's my step-father."

"I thought you said he was in prison." Gerard said.

"He was." Olivia replied. "He must have escaped or something..." A silent tear fell down Olivia's cheek. "Donna is the only one here who knows what he did to me." Olivia replied.

"What did he do?" Gerard asked her. She sobbed and shook her head. "Olivia, please. I need to know."

"Okay." She said when she stopped crying. "When I was sixteen, my mother died of a drug overdose. They were both drug fuelled, raging alcholics. But my mother wasn't always like that, it started after my dad left. She was hurt and confused and I understood that." Gerard nodded to let her know that he followed her. "She overdosed on heroin just after my sixteenth birthday and my step-father was appointed my legal guardian, its what my mother wrote in her will. He raped me, and killed my boyfriend."

"Oh Olivia." Gerard said. He wrapped his arms around her. "I'm so sorry."

"But that's not the worst of it," Olivia said. "He also murdered my two best friends, to cut me off from anyone who could help me get out of there. He raped me for days until I knocked him out with a lamp and ran to the police." Gerard nodded. "They arrested him and after a really small investigation, found that he had murdered three teenagers and hadn't hid it very well. I didn't know about the murders until after I went to the police. I was sent to live in a foster home until I was 18 when I decided that I wanted to find my father. I saved up some money first and then came here." Gerard stroked her hair and wiped away her tears with his thumb.

"Well, I'm not gonna let anyone hurt you. Tomorrow, we'll call the police." Olivia nodded. "I'm going to protect you, I promise." Olivia half smiled. "Lets get some sleep, okay?" Gerard stood up and pulled Olivia up with him.

"Can I sleep in here tonight?" She asked in a whisper. Gerard smiled.

"You didn't need to ask." He whispered back. He got into the bed and pulled her down to the bed. He wrapped his arms around her shaking body and kissed her shoulder. "You're going to be okay. I'll make sure of that."

They fell asleep, as the storm died away.

**

Gerard woke up the next day alone in his bed. He wanted Olivia to be there, to know she was safe. Last nght was a bit of a blur for him but he knew that he was intensely worried about Olivia the whole time. Gerard got out of bed and went to have a shower. By time he got downstairs, Oliva had breakfast ready and on the table for him. Donna went out to visit some of her girlfriends, leaving Gerard and Olivia alone for the day.

"I was thinking we could visit Frank today." Olivia said while Gerard ate his toast and eggs.

"Yeah?" Gerard asked, knowing exactly why she wanted to visit him. "I thought we were going to check out some archives."

"We are," Olivia said. "I just wanted to bring Frank the pie I made yesterday as a thank you for helping me out." Gerard could argue with her, but he didn't. He knew Frank would appreciate the visit and Olivia would enjoy forcing her apple pies on anyone. Olivia went upstairs to shower, leaving Gerard with the dishes. Olivia came down the stairs whens he was ready and Gerard was waiting for her in the living room, the T.V was showing a news program and they were talking about a man in Pittsburgh who had escaped jail.

"Is that him?" Gerard asked her, when they showed the picture on T.V Olivia nodded and turned off the T.V. "Sorry, it was just on."

"Thats okay, I just don't wanna look at him." Olivia replied. "I told Donna about last night and she already called the police for me. They left just before you woke up." Gerard nodded. "Lets go to Frank's." Olivia said as she picked up her coat. She went into the kitchen to take the pie out of the fridge. They went out to the car and Olivia was suspicious of everything. They drove in almost complete silence, until Gerard almost missed the left turn onto Frank's street.

"Idiot." Olivia muttered, playfully. Gerard smiled at parked the car outside Frank's building and behind Frank's car. Before they left the car, Gerard took Olivia's free hand and brought it to his lips. He placed a soft kiss on her knuckles. Olivia smiled, lovingly at him and then took her hand back so she could get out of the car. Gerard followed her and locked the car. He took the pie from her and then took her hand. She pressed the buzzer.

"Hey who is it?" Frank asked cheerfully.

"Olivia and Gerard." Olivia said into the speaker.

"Oh hey! Come on up." Frank buzzed them into the building and then rushed around getting things tidied. He was supposed to be tidying in time for his father visiting. Frank kicked himself for being a guy. He looked at the clock. "Shit, dad's gonna be here, any minute." He muttered. There was knock at the door and then Gerard and Olivia walked in, hand in hand. Frank went to meet them in the hall with a handful of old clothes. "Aw, hey look at you two! All loved up."

"Hey Frank," Gerard said, as he blushed. "Olivia baked you a pie, you freakin' dork." Frank threw the clothes into his bedroom and then took the pie from Gerard.

"Thanks Olivia!" Frank exclaimed. He gave her a little hug. Olivia gasped slightly but Gerard thought she was just caught of guard. But she wasn't. She was expecting it, Frank seemed to be that kind of person. There was something else.

The door buzzer rang and Frank went to answer it.

"Come on up dad." Frank said and then he went back Olivia and Gerard. "You guys have perfect timing, I love you both. This pie will be perfect to feed to my father." There was a small tap on the door and Frank's dad walked in.

Olivia's jaw dropped. Mr Iero went as white as a sheet.

"Didn't realise you had, uh company, son?" Mr Iero said to Frank.

"We were just leaving." Olivia replied, calmly.

"You guys can stay and have a slice of pie!" Frank exclaimed. "Olivia baked me a pie, dad." Frank told his father.

"Olivia?" Mr Iero looked her up and down. She had barely changed since he last saw her, 12 years ago. She had gotten taller and her hair colour had changed but that was it. He couldn't take her eyes off her.

"Long time no see, Mr Iero." Gerard said, sensing the tension. He swallowed a lump in his throat.

"We'd love to stay, Frank but we're going to see a movie in like five minutes, we just came to drop off the pie." Olivia said.

"I thought we were going to City Hall." Gerard muttered.

"We don't need to go there anymore." She gripped Gerard's hand tighly and pulled him our of the apartment. "Bye Frank! It was nice to meet you Mr Iero!" She exclaimed, faking her enthusiasm. Gerard closed the door and then they left the building in silence. Olivia got into the car and buried her head in her hands.

"Am I think the same thing you're thinking?" Gerard asked her.

"Frank's dad," Olivia began.

"Your dad?" Gerard ventured a guess. Olivia nodded. "Oh my God. You're Frank's sister?" She nodded again. "And you had no idea?" She shook her head.

"All I knew was that my dad lives here in Jersey. I had a rough idea where, I just never imagined this." Olivia said. She didn't cry because she didn't feel angry. She didn't feel happy either. "Maybe I should go back up there and talk to him."
Sign up to rate and review this story