Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > If it looks like I'm laughing, I'm really just asking to leave...

Chapter 3: Early Mornings and Coffee

by TheatreGeek 0 reviews

Monday morning and Frank needs to go to school. He knows what's waiting for him there, but he tries his best not to think about it.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2011-08-26 - Updated: 2011-08-26 - 521 words - Complete

1Insightful
My alarm bleeps noisily, jolting me violently from sleep. I slap it to get it to shut up, and groan as I roll over. Why the hell did school start at such an unearthly hour? " Frank! Get up please!" Mum, don't sound so cheery. Just because you don't need to be at work until noon.
" Coming..." I mumble into my pillow and reluctantly throw back the covers. I stumble across my room, my eyes still not fully working and yank open the door. I emerge into the kitchen after nearly falling headlong down the stairs and pull out the milk from the fridge. " You okay? You really need to start going to bed earlier if you're this tired." Mum says from where she's stood by the counter, a large mug of tea in her hand. I choose to ignore her suggestion, hastily pouring milk on my cereal and trying to juggle the milk, my bowl and the coffee machine. " Do I seriously need to go in today?" I ask, shoving a spoonful of corn flakes in my mouth, and leaning against the fridge. " Yeah, you do." Mum takes a sip from her mug and looks at me. It all feels very awkward and I leap over to my coffee when the machine beeps. I quickly finish my cereal, grab my ridiculously large mug and make for the door, " Better go and get ready then hadn't I? See you later.."
I pick up my black skinny jeans and my black and white, striped, long-sleeved t-shirt from where I'd artistically thrown them on the floor the other day and pull them on. A simple outfit hopefully meant they'd find nothing to take the piss out of. Emphasis on the hopefully. I sigh as I lace up my battered black converse and then run a hand through my long fringe. I'm lucky to have hair that even if I've slept on it, it still looks semi-decent the next day. Shame I can't say the same thing about my face. My lip doesn't sting as much this morning, and I rub a bit of the anti-septic stuff on it the guy gave me at the piercers. It looks pretty damn awesome in my oppinion. I rummage through my desk drawer, trying to find my eyeliner. I spy it right at the back, and pull it out. After smudging the bright red color under my eyes, I take a step back. I have huge bags under my eyes, maybe I really do need to get more sleep. I pull on my black and gray striped hoodie and sling my worn out black bag onto my shoulder. I'm just about to leave when I spot my skeleton glove hiding under the bed, and I quickly grab it and pull it on. I plod slowly down the stairs and down the hallway. " Bye!" I call as I close the front door behind me. Shoving in my earphones, I set off on the ten minute trudge to school.
I reach the big double doors, and my heart starts beating faster and faster. Here begins another seven days of hell.
Sign up to rate and review this story