Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Take My Fucking Hand And Never Be Afraid Again

Mikey

by skittlesandcoffee 1 review

Mikey has his first lesson at the new school and sort of makes a friend.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] [V] [R] - Published: 2011-08-27 - Updated: 2011-08-27 - 958 words

0Unrated
Sorry this chapter's kinda short. Thanks to all that read and constructive criticism is welcomed. As always, rate and review :)

Shit. Now Gerard and I were going to be late for our first day of a new school. Just because I had to straighten my already straight fucking hair. I mean, it’s my fault we had to move to England and now I’m gonna make us late for our first day of a new school too. Why am I such a failure? Honestly, now Gee will be mad too, or maybe not; he never really liked school anyway. But still, he had to wait for me to get ready. Oh well.

My name’s Way. Mikey Way. See how I failed at doing a James Bond thing there. God, I’m such a nerd. Glasses and all too. Anyway, now that you know my name, you probably ought to know that I’m also a homosexual. That’s the reason we had to move. It all started a year ago when I ‘came out of the closet’ so to speak. I got tortured at school from that moment onwards. The main reason we left is because I was nearly curb-stomped on the way home from school one day. I’d run home, crying the whole way; wanting the hurt to just go away and for everyone to just leave me alone.
When I got home, my mother and father immediately started looking for a place. They’d always wanted to live in England, so this was the perfect opportunity. A week later we were on a plane being jetted away to a safe new home.

I left my room and went downstairs to meet an angry looking Gerard, “We’re going to be late you know?” he exclaimed.
“I know,” I said, “I’m sorry.”
Gerard sighed, “It’s okay, little bro, just don’t do it again.” I nodded quickly and walked out the door and to Gerard’s Subaru XT that he recently got for his birthday (it was silver, if you were wondering) and climbed in. Gee got into the drivers seat and we sped off.

It took, precisely thirteen minutes to get to school and we arrived with two minutes to spare. During the summer, me and Gee had been to a sot of ‘Welcome to our School’ type meeting where we met the prefects and the teachers and got to look around the school and find out what our timetables were.
I set off in one direction, to double English, and Gee walked another direction, to Art, which he was thoroughly looking forward to. I took about three minutes to find my English class and I went straight there, ditching form time, seeing as everyone was already in the halls moving to new classes.

So many people. Hundreds in fact. Hundreds of people that would eventually find out what I am and ostracize me for it. Shut up, brain. It’s a new start! I thought to myself. A new start. Let’s get this over with. I walked into a room marked EN2 and walked over to the teachers desk.

“Hi, sir, I’m new. Mikey Way.” I offered my hand and he shook it, not something anyone in New Jersey would do, not something I would normally do, in fact. But this man gave off an aura of kindness. He wouldn’t hurt me and I was sure of that as soon as I walked into the room. “Hi, Mikey, I’m Mr Knowles, please take a seat wherever you want.” He said with a perfect, white smile that would’ve knocked anyone off their feet, including me.

I quickly went and sat next to a girl wearing a Misfits hoodie, I smiled at her but I don’t think she saw me. And next to her, oh my God, the hottest boy I’d ever seen. He had black hair that fell loosely over one eye, he was, also, wearing a Misfits related T-shirt and ripped jeans. He was just me type but I told myself not to get my hopes up because he might not even be gay, or bi, for that matter.

I had just begun day dreaming about this boy, when out of the blue, I heard a voice asking me to stand up. So I did. “Please, Mikey, tell us where you’re from and why you moved here.”
Oh God, I’d forgotten I had to talk to the class about me, they’d mentioned it at the welcome meeting. “Um, yeah, so, my name’s Mikey. Mikey Way. I just moved her from New Jersey and me and my family moved to England for a change of scenery,” I muttered and tried a grin at the end. As I sat down I saw the girl next to me smile and I grinned back at her. The teacher started a lecture about a book called Martyn Pig and from there I zoned out.

A tap at my shoulder woke me from my dreamy haze and I turned to the source of the tapping. It was the girl, “Hi, my name’s Rain,” she said, grinning.
“That’s a cool name.”
“Thanks, what’s your next class after this double lesson?”
“PE,” I said, my good mood instantly dying.
“Same, do you wanna skip with me and Frank,” she gestured to the hot boy when she said the name ‘Frank’. I instantly agreed and from then on my mind was happy, just the thought that I might get to know this boy a bit more instantly raised my mood. I think I technically just made my first friend. School could be good this year.
Sign up to rate and review this story