Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You Only Live Forever In The Lights You Make

Chapter Nine: To the End

by ZombieSlayer13x 4 reviews

NEW CHAPTER ALERT! Read, review, rate, all that jazz. XD Hope you like it!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Humor - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2011-08-28 - Updated: 2013-07-03 - 1563 words - Complete

1Funny
*A/N: First off, A TREE WENT TIMBER IN MY BACKYARD! But, as you can see by this new chapter, Irene's wrath was no sweat for us. Some people are less fortunate out there, a moment of silence for them please.

-moment of silence-

AAAAAAAANNNNYYYWAY, NEW CHAPTER!

You know the drill, rate, read, review XD

Introducing another character, and trying something different with this chapter.



Chapter Nine: To the End


Tires.

Their lovely circular shape, the smell of the rubber (fresh or burning), the lovely blackness of them.

Tires.

All she could hear was tires.

Tires on the road, tires underneath her, tires all around her.

She was slowly going insane.

For four days straight and all she could hear was tires.

Turning, turning, and turning.

The sound of them as they hit the rocky road, the sound of them on sand, the sound of them on asphalt.

Tires.

If she had her ray gun she would’ve shot each one and damned them to the farthest corners of hell by now.

She had to keep repeating everything she knew about herself to keep her sanity.

It was the same every time.

The only thoughts that filled her head were thoughts about her.

This is how her train of thought went:

‘My name is Jinx Stryker.

Out here, in the Zones, I’m known as Screaming Revolver.

My home was Zone Four.

I’m 19.

My parents both died in a car crash, May eighth, twenty fourteen.

I was left alone.

I ran from Battery City.

I was captured July twenty-third, twenty twenty, at zero three hundred hours.

I am a rogue killjoy.

I was captured by five dracs.

We have been on the road for approximately five days now.

I don’t know what they want with me; all I know is that they’re taking me back to the city...that awful city.

My name is Jinx Stryker...’


And so her thoughts went on.

~~~~~~

Elder Soul looked out at the road ahead of him. It was nearing sunset. They had just recently passed a 'Zone 1' sign. His nerves were starting to act up. His red flags were going off like sirens in his head. He was making sure to drive extra careful here.

He just wanted to get in, get out, and then get back home to Sonic. He missed her terribly. She was the closest thing he had to family. Sure, he was close with his team, but she knew everything about him. She could understand everything he never said.

Everyone just assumed Elder Soul was mute. He pretty much was, but he could say very short phrases if he wanted. He chose not to. No one understood what it was like, he had so many thoughts and feelings, and he could never share any of them. He was bound to silence.

He had to listen to everyone else, wanting to add a comment of his own, or share his own story, but he never could. He was very good at writing fast, but it wasn’t the same.

Elder had a bit of a temper. It started when he was young, and progressed as he got older. Sonic was like his therapist. She really helped him control it. Without her here though, he wasn’t sure if he could any longer. For right now he just gripped the steering wheel a tad big harder, and focused on the road.

Everyone else in the truck was sleeping. Well, everyone except Toxic. She was twitching. Her legs, her arms, her fingers, her eyes, some part of her was always twitching.

“OW!” Cyanide shouted as Toxic accidentally kicked him, waking him up.

“Sorry,” she replied irritably.

“What’s your damage?” He asked.

His screaming had awoken Corpse as well. Sunny, who was sitting shotgun, was still fast asleep.

“Withdraw,” said Corpse with a smirk.

“Not. Funny,” Toxic said.

“Hey, you’re the one that decided to pick up the smoking habit.”

“How long has it been?” Cyanide asked.

“Two days,” Toxic said, still staring straight ahead, “Two agonizingly long days.”

“We’ll find you some at a gas station,” said Corpse reassuringly.

Toxic hissed.

“I haven’t seen one for days though,” Cyanide said.

Toxic’s eye started twitching.

“Try gum,” Corpse offered.

“I JUST WANT A DAMN CIGARETTE!" Toxic roared.

Her outburst scared Sunny so much she hit her head on the ceiling of the truck as she was jolted awake.

“OW! WHAT THE HELL!?!”

“Sorry,” Toxic mumbled.

Cigarette Kiss pulled up to Toxic’s open window, “Um...is everything okay?!” he shouted hesitantly.

“YEAH! She’s just suffering from withdraw!” Cyanide hollered to him.

“Awww, do you miss me that much?” Cigarette Kiss said jokingly.

Toxic however, didn’t find this statement funny at all. “YOU ASSHOLE!” She shouted.

Cyanide and Corpse restrained her while Cigarette Kiss sped ahead, laughing. Toxic was still spitting profanities at him.

“HEY!” Sunny shouted. They all looked at her. “Look,” she said pointing to a sign:

BATTERY CITY, 35 MILES

“Hmm, no welcome party?” said Corpse.

“Oh, don’t worry, we’ll probably come across one eventually,” said Cyanide.

They drove on. Each one of them becoming more anxious the closer they got to the city. Now everyone was twitchy, not just Toxic. Twenty minutes later, they pulled over about a mile from the city.

“Whoa,” said Sunny, “This is not what Battery City looked like four years ago.”

They all agreed.

Batter city was now enclosed with a giant barbed wire fence. There were fancy walls built at certain points. Toll booths were stationed at the entrance of the city. In the center they could see a giant electronic billboard. It kept flashing the BL/ind logo with the same phrases:

Everything is perfect.

Keep smiling.

We’ll handle it from here
.

Corpse shuddered, “Those poor citizens.”

“Ack. It’s so...white,” Sunny said with disgust.

“Yeah,” Toxic agreed, “I guess they don’t have cigarettes...”

There were some chuckles among the team.

“Did someone say Cigarette?” said Cigarette Kiss as he fished a pack out of his trench coat.

Toxic’s eyes widened to the size of saucers, “GIVE ME ONE!” she screamed, all but jumping on him.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa! Hold your horses! You aren’t getting one of these darlin’!” he said with a smirk.

“WHY NOT!”

“They’re mine….”

She shot him a look.

“Not like you’ve ever done anything for me,” he shot back.

“Arrogant bastard...” She muttered.

He chuckled, “That won’t get you a cigarette.”

Toxic sighed, “I guess I don’t need one.”

“Oh, you’ll be back eventually,” he said cockily.

She rolled her eyes.

Corpse watched in amusement, “Alright children, let’s go.”

Cars? Elder wrote.

“Cyanide, Cigarette Kiss, hide the vehicles, ” Corpse barked.

The four of them grabbed a backpack from the back of the hummer, and then walked on.

Corpse turned around again, “When you find a good place, do a quick perimeter check and then meet us up at the junk yard.”

“Yes ma’am!” Cyanide said with a mock salute.

Cigarette kiss chuckled and walked over to his bike.

Elder, Toxic, Corpse, and Sunny gave them one last look, before walking towards Battery City, and ultimately, their doom.

~~~~~~

Cigarette Kiss and Cyanide drove around for a bit trying to find a good spot to hide the vehicles.

“You ready for this?” Cigarette Kiss asked from his bike.

“Hell yes!”

He laughed, “Me too.”

“Sooo...” said Cyanide, “You really like her?”

Cigarette Kiss ran a hand through his hair, “I don’t know, I guess. It’s just, I don’t know.”

“Yeah...I know what you mean,” said Cyanide.

Cigarette Kiss snorted.

“You really like her?” he countered back.

“Yeah. The Zones are no place for romance though,” Cyanide said.

Cigarette Kiss sighed, “You’re always too logical. Sometimes you have to lead with your instincts.”

“Yeah, I know.” Cyanide said quietly.

They finally found a small gas station to hide the vehicles. They parked around back, Cigarette Kiss covered his bike with a tarp, Cyanide just hid the hummer the best he could.

“What happened, all those years ago?” Cigarette Kiss asked when he was done.

“You double crossed your team, the killjoys, and me, all for what? Girls, drugs, and alcohol.”

“I know,” Cigarette Kiss said quietly, ashamed.

“We were like brothers.”

“I know.”

“And the team...”

“I SAID I KNOW!” Cigarette Kiss yelled.

Cyanide stepped back, stunned.

“Sorry,” said Cigarette Kiss, lowering his voice, “I’m just...so sorry.”

“I know,” Cyanide said quietly.

“My life sucks,” he said bluntly.

Cyanide smiled and stuck his fist out, “Together?”

Cigarette Kiss smirked and fist bumped him, “Forever.”

“Let’s go kick some BL/ind ass.”

“I hear ya bro!”

“You can get the girl too.”

“Likewise.”

As the two teens walked towards Battery City, the night consumed them. In a matter of seconds they were just shadows in the unforgiving desert.

*A/N: I just re-read the above scene and realized that I made them sound kind of gay for each other…..not supposed to come out that way. Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned it.

Anyway, I know they chapters are basically drabbles that actually go somewhere now, but hey, you know you like it ; )

“to the hearts your break and all the Cyanide you drank…."

-Alex
Sign up to rate and review this story