Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You Only Live Forever In The Lights You Make

Chapter Eight: Bulletproof Heart(s)

by ZombieSlayer13x 4 reviews

Back to Sonic and Cig's team. You get the rest of the back-stories.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Humor - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2011-08-27 - Updated: 2011-08-28 - 1821 words - Complete

3Insightful
*A/N: YAY! More of my chapters went green!! I appreciate it!

I have my motivation for writing back a little bit. Bad news though, school starts the 6th for me. From there the updates on this will be incredibly slow.

Well...depending on this hurricane, there may BE no more updates. I was going to end this chapter so It could kind of be the ending of this story, just in case, but I think that’s taking it too far so...

Anyways, hope you all still enjoy/follow this story! For the rest of you East Coasters braving out the storm with me, here’s some reading material :D

Read, rate, review! XD



Chapter Eight: Bulletproof Heart(s)


-Back at the diner with Sonic, Lady Madness, Vengeful Scout, and Kemical Killer-

Sonic couldn’t sleep all night. When sleep finally came for her, she noted that the sun was starting to come in the little window near her. She woke up to find the room empty. All the other beds were made and the room looked neat and tidy. Sonic sighed.

She got up and stretched. Her neck was killing her from sleeping at an awkward angle. The hammock itself wasn't very comfortable to her either. She looked around the room. She walked over to Lady Madness’s side of the room. There were sketches all over her wall. Sonic smiled. It reminded her of Corpse. She loved drawing too.

Sonic looked around one more time before deciding there was nothing there for her in the room, so she made her way into the main basement, stopping in the bathroom first to wash her face and rinse her mouth out.

When she was done with that she walked groggily up the stairs and opened the doors.

“ARRRGG!!!” she said, shielding her eyes, “THE SUN! IT BURNS!!!”

She heard a chuckle from up ahead. Once her eyes adjusted she saw that the chuckle belonged to Lady Madness.

"Morning sleeping beauty," Lady Madness said, smirking.

"What time is it?" Sonic asked, ignoring her last comment altogether.

"Around 12ish. Maybe one."

Sonic groaned, "I hate waking up too late."

"Me too," she agreed, "Want some breakfast? Um....I mean lunch?"

"Sure."

They walked into the dinner.

Kemical Killer smiled at her while Vengeful Scout offered a small greeting. Sonic smiled back, and then sat down at a table near the other girls. She felt so alone. The girls were friendly, not as close to her as her team. Even though the four of them were pretty much friends by now, she still knew they talked about her. She saw the looks they've given her sometimes.

Sonic went over to the pantry and got some food off the shelf. She sat back down in silence and began to eat.

"Come sit over here, with us!" Kemical Killer told her enthusiastically.

"Um...you sure?" Sonic asked hesitantly.

"100 percent!" Vengeful Scout said.

Sonic got up and awkwardly walked over to their booth.

"So..." said Lady Madness conversationally, "Why are you here?"

"Pardon?" Sonic asked.

"Why. Are. You. Here," Lady Madness said again slower.

"Yeah, I heard you the first time. It's just, such a random question." Sonic said.

Madness shrugged, "Not really."

“What did you mean by here? The diner or the desert?" Sonic asked.

"Desert."

"Oh, I'm here because I wanted to be here.

"What's your story?" Vengeful Scout asked.

"My story?" Sonic asked. She paused for a second, "Well, you see, I was only seven when BL/ind took over..."

And so Sonic went on to tell her story.

The girls listened, occasionally butting in to ask a question. They'd laugh in the right places, smile sympathetically, they did this so well that Sonic was having trouble telling if they meant it or not.

When Sonic was finally done she took a deep breath and exhaled deeply. She wasn't sure she's ever talked so much.

"Well," said Madness, "that sucks."

"Yeah, it sucks." Sonic agreed, "What about you guys? What happened to you? Why are you here?"

The three girls looked around at each other.

"Who wants to go first?" Vengeful Scout said.

"Might as well go by age, youngest to oldest," Madness offered.

"Yay! Must mean I'm first!" Kemical Killer said joyfully.

Sonic looked at her expectantly.

"Well, you see," Killer started, "My back story's nothing spectacular. I was eight when BL/ind took over. I was a normal kid with a normal life. I liked to sing, dance like an idiot, talk, etcetera. I had two parents’, I was an only child, I had friends."

"Then BL/ind took over and my life fell apart. My parents were fine with it, for the first couple months. Then whatever pills BL/ind made them take brainwashed them. They stopped doing anything that wasn't work, including taking care of me. It felt like we were just roommates or something. After that, my parents were dead to me. I ran away when I turned eleven. I escaped with a few of my friends too, once we entered the Zones though, I never saw them again."

When Kemical Killer was done, she looked down at her hands. She looked sad.

Sonic reached over the table, "It's ok," said said, resting a hand on Killers shoulder, "We've all lost friends and family to whatever this [insert hand gesture here] is."

Killer silently nodded, "Your turn," she said to Vengeful Scout, picking her head up.

"Mine? Hmmm...where to start," she said, thinking for a little bit.

"Um....the beginning would be nice." Lady Madness said lightly.

Scout stuck her tongue out at her.

“Well, first off, I’d like to say I have a metal plate in my left arm,” Scout said patting her arm.

“Seriously??” Sonic asked in disbelief.

“Yup!”

“How’d you get it?”

“I was in a motorbike accident as a kid. I was riding with my dad and fell off the side. I landed on my arm and snapped the bone in half. Thankfully I had a helmet on.”

Sonic gaped.

"Anyway," said Vengeful Scout, dismissing it, "My stories nothing spectacular either. I had parents, I had a brother, I had friends. I lost them all to BL/ind. My parents were dragged away by BL/ind and accused of being traitors. My brother and I were separated and put in different foster houses after that. As far as I know, he's a killjoy out in one of the zones. I don't know which one. I haven't sought him out, and I doubt I ever will. Maybe it's better off this way."

"I used to travel the zones alone, that is, until I met Threatening June. We ran into each other at a gas station," she paused to laugh a little, “We almost shot each other we were so scared. We were only like, thirteen. We got what we needed, and then just talked for a while."

"We got to know each other. We had a lot in common. After that we agreed to travel with each other. It wasn’t supposed to be temporary, but we became so attached….she was my best friend,” Scout’s eyes started tearing up, “We were so stupid. We saw a group of dracs camping along side of the road. We thought we could take them down by ourselves. We took them by surprise. We took half the squad down, mostly the less advanced dracs. We thought we were doing so well."

"That’s when it all went bad, we became overwhelmed. God we were so stupid. It was a suicide mission. They got her…how I escaped, I don’t know. From that day on I was a loner. Then I found these guys,” said Scout as she leaned over to ruffle Kemical Killers hair.

“I’m sorry,” Sonic said quietly.

“Madness’s turn,” Scout said.

Sonic turned to face her.

“Don’t look at me,” Madness said putting her hands up in defense, “I ain’t got no back story.”

“Come oooon!” Sonic whined, “You have to have a back story.”

Lady Madness gave her a long, hard look before speaking:

“Fine.”

Sonic smiled.

“I grew up an only child. My dad and mom split up. He went to go pursue his dream job in New York while my mom and I stayed in California. When BL/ind took over they left us alone. My mom hated the pills. She refused to take them. She was an actress and was very good at pretending she took the pills regularly."

"One day she was down at the stage practicing for an upcoming performance, I was at home with a babysitter when BL/ind stormed the place. They forbid her to ever perform again. She fought back and they arrested her. I was stuck with the babysitter. I ran away when I was older. A friend persuaded me, end of story.”

“Oh,” Sonic said.

They nodded.

"You guys sure have some bulletproof hearts!" Sonic said.

"You too kid," Lady Madness said.

Scout got up, “Okay guys, story time’s over.”

Everyone else agreed.

“I’m going to go for a run,” Sonic announced.

Kemical Killer looked at her questioningly.

“I love running. It takes my mind off things.”

“Ah,” Kemical Killer said, “Be safe. Don’t forget your ray gun!”

Sonic smiled, “I will.”

She got up and walked out the door, casting the girls one last glance. The whole time she was running her mind was spinning. She was thinking about the back stories she just heard and worrying about her team at the same time.


The following is a Q & A interview between the author of this story and a fellow reader. Sorry for the static, they are communicating over radio stations.

Me: Well, another chapter done. Sorry it was kind of a filler.

-static-

Reader: A thriller?

Me: No, FILLER!

Reader: Oh...

Me: I guess it could be a thriller too.

-static-

Reader: When will someone finally die?

Me: Eventually.

Reader: Who will it be?

Me: Sorry, I can't tell you that.

Reader: Will there be any X rated scenes?

Me: No, sorry to disappoint.

-static-

Reader: Will there be any more gory scenes?

Me: Maybe.

Reader: What's your favorite word?

Me: What kind of a question is that?

-static-

Reader: I said, WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE WORD?

Me: Yeah I know, I heard you.

Reader: You suck.

Me: Excuse me? Wanna repeat that?

Reader: Yeah, you suck.

Me: Oh, it's on! LISTEN TO ME YOU -the following has been edited out by your show host-

Reader: Oooooh I'm soooo scared.

Me: THAT'S IT! I'M COMING OVER THERE! You better be prepared you little -this has been edited out as well-

-static on the author's side-

Reader: OH GOD! WHAT ARE YOU DOING! NO!! NOOOO!!!

-reader's side goes dead-

Show Host: Well....that concludes tonight's Q and A...

Good night folks!

End Transmission
Sign up to rate and review this story