Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > If it looks like I'm laughing, I'm really just asking to leave...

Chapter 7: Video Games and Old Friends

by TheatreGeek 1 review

When Ray calls Frank with the invitation of an evening of gaming, He can hardly refuse. He relaxes a little from the events of the day, but as the evening goes on, the fears start to come back.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2011-08-29 - Updated: 2011-08-29 - 719 words - Complete

0Unrated
My phone buzzes in my pocket, I pull out my earphones and answer it.
" Hey dude, it's me." I have no idea who " me" is...
" erm..hi. Me who?"
" It's Ray you jackass!"
" Oooohhh, hey." I really need to actually use caller ID on my phone.
" So, do you wanna hang out at my house later?" I grin, relaxing a little.
" Sure, man. See you around six?"
" Yep. See you later" I hang up and shove my phone back in my pocket. Ray has been my friend since we were eight, but we didn't see each other much these days. We both went to different schools, but we lived in the same area, so occasionally we met up to play video games.

Mum's in the kitchen when I get in, making herself a cup of tea. " Hey mum, I'm going to do my homework, then going over to Rays for a few of hours, that ok?" I say as I dump my bag in the hallway and enter the kitchen. " Sure, just make sure you're back for ten. You look wiped out Frank. Good day?" She stirs her tea, then takes a sip, looking at me over the rim of her mug. I shrug and start to make my way upstairs, scooping up my bag as I pass, " Was ok. Got loads of homework to do though." Unfortunately, only the first part of that is a lie. I kick open my bedroom door and drop my books and my homework planner on my desk. I sit down on my chair, the back of it piled high with clothes I can't be bothered to put away. I flip open my planner and look at the stuff I need to do. Maths, biology and I needed to finish that English essay we got given last week, for tomorrow. I sigh and start on the maths problems. I could do them easily now I wasn't being repeatedly kicked, and get them done in twenty minutes. The biology is simply re-writing the notes we did in class into our books. I never see the point in writing out a rough draft, then writing it out again in "Neat". The teachers are sadists, I swear. I "neatly" scribble the notes down, humming to keep myself entertained. I close my biology book and quickly read through my essay. Wow, I was brilliant at bull-shit. I write another page of " A Comparison of A Travel Writers Diary and A Holiday Brochure" as if I cared. I finally finish my conclusion and stuff all my books back in my bag. I look at my watch, it's 6:50. I grab my big, thick Misfits hoodie from the back of my chair and put it on. I hoped that two hoodies would protect me from the ridiculously cold weather. " Right, mum I'm going to Ray's now. See you!" I call and I head out onto the dimly lit street.
Ten minutes later and I'm knocking on Ray's front door. He opens it grinning, " Hey Man! Come in, I got the Xbox all fired up and ready to go" We high five and I follow him up the stairs.

I enjoy my time with Ray, for three and a half hours I forget what happened today and what undoubtedly awaits me tomorrow. It's 9:30 and I decide I'd better start heading home. We've stopped our gaming marathon and we've just finished eating the enormous pizza we ordered. " well, I'd better get going, my mum will go ape-shit if I'm not back soon." I stretch and struggle to get out of the huge bean-bag I've been slumped in all evening. Ray does the same and shows me to the front door. " Later Frank! We need to meet up more, seriously" I nod and grin as I reach the front gate, " Definitely!"
" Yeah, so I can kick your ass at C.O.D again!" He yells from the door.
" Screw you Ray!" I laugh, and give him the finger. I can hear him laughing as he closes the door.

As I walk slowly back to my house, the calm feeling starts to disappear, my stomach sinks again and the smile on my face disintegrates. I had to go back to that hell hole again tomorrow, and probably get my ass kicked by Noah. Fuck.
Sign up to rate and review this story