Categories > Celebrities > Green Day > I don't want to lose your love tonight

Chapter 3

by darcylynn91 0 reviews

pg-13 for a bit of language. Also something I should have mentioned early is that I'm just going to pretend Addie doesn't exist. Because I like her and Billie Joe together and I don't want to have ...

Category: Green Day - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2011-08-29 - Updated: 2011-08-30 - 942 words

0Unrated
Alexandra and I were headed back up to our room now, getting on the elevator. I slid down the back to my knees on the floor.

“Ohmygodohmygod!” I breathed, “I can’t believe that just happened. Please tell me that really just happened and that I wasn’t somehow knocked unconscious and am now in a coma dreaming all this.”

I looked up at Alexandra. She was covering her face laughing so hard I thought she was going to fall over.

“You just got knocked over by the guy you were drooling over!” she said through her hands.

“It’s not funny.” I said frowning, “He’s going remember me like that now. As the dumb kid who ran into him and almost knocked herself over.”

“At least he’ll remember you then.” She said calming down a bit.

I just looked at the ceiling with a huge smile I couldn’t wipe off my face. We met them just in time. The show was tomorrow at a venue not far away from the hotel.

In the morning our tickets arrived in an envelope. I opened them up and gasped.

“Alexandra, there are back stage passes in here too! Holy shit!”

“Cool!” She said.

We had stayed up all night listening to Green Day so she would know some of their songs. She said they were good, but that she wasn’t crazy over them like I was. Clearly, I have a lot left to teach her.

I’ve never spent so much time getting ready to go to a concert in my life. Considering I only had one suitcase full of clothes.

So, I put on my black skinny that were ripped around the knees a little and a new Taking Back Sunday band tee I got at the mall with Alexandra. I was still messing around in front of the mirror trying to get my hair to cooperate when Alexandra came over and started helping with my make-up.

“At this rate we’ll never be ready to leave.” she said.

I knew there was a reason this girl was my best friend.

We both finished getting ready and drove over to the venue. We were a half-hour early and there were already people lined up waiting.

“Where should we park? Where do we go in?” I asked wondering what we were to do with our passes.

“Calm down. We’ll figure it out, Marilou.”

Ok so I’m a bit nervous at this point. Waiting in that line feels like the longest thirty minutes of my life. When it finally starts to move I grab Alexandra’s hand jump up and down and we giggle together.

Once we get inside we run down to the pit and get as close to the front as we can. It takes a little pushing and we get some evil looks, but we manage to get about three rows of people back from the stage.

The opening bands were great, but if I’m being honest they’re not the reason I’m here at all. The lights go down, the band comes out. The lights come on again and the music starts. I absolutely lose myself in it. It’s the best experience of my life. Billie runs around the stage like a maniac and owns it. Tré’s personality shines all the way from behind his drum kit to the very back row. Mike is a powerhouse on bass. They’re all just great. I don’t ever want it to be over, but then it is.

Apparently Alexandra and I aren’t the only ones who have backstage passes. There’s a line for the meet-and-greet so we wait at the back of it. I thought being at the back would give me more time to think about what I wanted to say so I wouldn’t sound like an idiot. Apparently not.

“Good- Great show.” I said rather lamely once we had reached the front.

“Thanks! Do you have something for us to sign?” Tré asked us.

“Oh, um just this.” I said handing them the shirt I got at the merch booth.

“Are you ok?” Billie said looking at me.

“Yeah. Why?” I said looking confused.

“It’s just you eyes are a bit red.” He told me.

“Oh she cried when you guys did Boulevard of Broken Dreams.” Alexandra informed them.

“What! I was not!” I said.

“You totally were.”

“If that’s true I was certainly not aware.” I said glaring at her.

“Were you really?” Billie Joe asked me. He sounded curious and it made me nervous. “Why were you crying?”

I shrugged, looking at my feet. “I guess it’s just um… an important song for me. If that makes any sense.” I paused. “It’s really a beautiful song and, well, ever since my mom died it’s kind of been my anthem. It got me through that time really.”

“Wow, that’s beautiful. I’m glad it means that much to you.” Billie told.

Before I knew what was happening he had stepped forward and pulled me into a hug.

“Oh- uh- I- I’m fine really.” And why can I not go two seconds without stuttering in front of him?

“We love hearing stories like that.” Mike said as Billie stepped back again. I felt oddly empty when he did. “It makes it mean all that much more to us as well.”

We got our stuff signed and also a picture with the guys. Then Tré got a thoughtful look on his face.

“What are you guys doing right now?” he asked.
Sign up to rate and review this story